List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowes may open up the only chance we have of getting a top 10 pick for Clark...

St Kilda receive Bowes, pick 7

GC receive NM F2 NM F3

North Melbourne receive Clark
I'd only be interested in that NM shite for Clark if that GCS deal was guaranteed.

Suits all parties as GCS need future points.

Why get reamed on Clark when we have our own future picks?. You think you can get pick 7 great I’ll worry about getting back into 2023 next year but the Clark trade is just an unnecessary gift Imo.
I've said all along we shouldn't be trading Clark

Seems like it's going to happen though and all North have are future picks.

I'm realistic enough to know that once you start pushing a player out his value isn't going to be as high as if a club was poaching him.

Not sure what else you'd expect to get for him if we are nudging him out the door.

Realistically he's worth a pick in the early teens which they don't have

Here are my thoughts re JDG and the Pies. I think it is an error to put behavioral clauses into his contract. It paints the club into a corner. IMO, in doing so, they create a trap for themselves whereby they are required to respond to any indiscretion - regardless of of gravity. If the contract is silent on such triggers, the club can respond in any way they feel is appropriate, but if they are contractually obligated to respond, it potentially creates a media circus. TBH I think the JDG camp are using us to get the best out of the Pies, but if we land him without such behavioural terms, its a really easy win. He screws up? OK, Saints say, 'our policy is X with regard to these matters and we respond according to Y'. On the other hand, if its a contractual term, its a question of cvontract breach - hands are tied, the media will get a scent of what how its drafted in the contract, and the interpretation and conjecture begins - 'did he breach contract? Should he be instantly sacked"? etc etc. If he screws up but is dominating, then its another problem for a club too. 'How do we keep him playing without it looking like we are ignoring the very standards we imposed on him' etc. IMO, better play is to keep these sorts of standards quiet, then when he screws up, publicly announce, 'our policy with respect to these transgressions are as follows' ... without a paper trail.

TL DR : Ironically, not including behavioural terms gives the club MORE flexibility to manage a JDG induced crisis, instead of less. (and yes, I am a contract lawyer, not sports tho).
Excellent point

I'd only be interested in that NM shite for Clark if that GCS deal was guaranteed.

Suits all parties as GCS need future points.
GC almost make up the points for 7 that they can use on future academies

We get a fair deal for Clark

Only downfall is Bowes salary but we will be losing Ryder, Geary, Hannerbery, Clark, Long and possibly Hill

GC almost make up the points for 7 that they can use on future academies

We get a fair deal for Clark

Only downfall is Bowes salary but we will be losing Ryder, Geary, Hannerbery, Clark, Long and possibly Hill
Bowes is a good player. I’m happy to eat that salary for trading off Long - especially if somehow get pick 7 back in it.

Seems fictional af though

I'm realistic enough to know that once you start pushing a player out his value isn't going to be as high as if a club was poaching him.

Not sure what else you'd expect to get for him if we are nudging him out the door.

Totally pointless to link it to the suns trade. He’s contracted so he goes if the price is right or he stays, we couldn’t do worse next year. Clark hasn‘t said I want a trade, we haven’t said anything so it’s just hot air until trade talks start, if he is up for trade several clubs are interested. This needs to make sense for us or it doesn’t happen, who gives away a player like clark. Imo it makes the pick 7 trade pointless if we turn around and give away a pick 7 who has shown flashes of brilliance and will play 200 in a canter.

If trading Clark for future picks is a key part of getting pick 7 then I don't care what pick he brings in the front door as long as Gold Coast is happy to take them.

I really, really want Mackenzie.

In other words, I would straight swap 18 y.o. Mackenzie for 23 y.o Clark in an instant.

I believe Long going to GCS will be enough leverage to get the GCS #7 & Bowes deal over the line. We may have to throw in something else in but it will give us a good hand.

The other obvious is if we get that pick #7 Clark will stay at the Saints. The Clarkson conundrum will inhibiit Hill's movement also.

So that leaves JDG who obviously wants to stay at the Pies and they will get a deal done.
That’s the dream

If trading Clark for future picks is a key part of getting pick 7 then I don't care what pick he brings in the front door as long as Gold Coast is happy to take them.

I really, really want Mackenzie.

In other words, I would straight swap 18 y.o. Mackenzie for 23 y.o Clark in an instant.
The Bowes issue has change the who equation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bowes issue has change the who equation
I like to think this is closer to what the club is maneuvering for with Clark, or something similar. That is, our perception of the Clark shift is changing, but not the clubs plan.

There are some rumours that Tarryn Thomas wants to get to the GC as well, I just pray North don't undercut us on this.

Still can't come at Clark for a future 2nd and 3rd.
Unless there is something in his character that the club nose and we don't, I find it unfathomable.
Freudian slip?

Totally pointless to link it to the suns trade. He’s contracted so he goes if the price is right or he stays, we couldn’t do worse next year. Clark hasn‘t said I want a trade, we haven’t said anything so it’s just hot air until trade talks start, if he is up for trade several clubs are interested. This needs to make sense for us or it doesn’t happen, who gives away a player like clark. Imo it makes the pick 7 trade pointless if we turn around and give away a pick 7 who has shown flashes of brilliance and will play 200 in a canter.
Unfortunately it's not me or you making the decision.

Clark is gone.

I'm just thinking about the ways we can try and make it close to a win.

Unfortunately it's not me or you making the decision.

Clark is gone.

I'm just thinking about the ways we can try and make it close to a win.
Not sure he's out the door yet. Seems like it's more speculative than anything from both sides, bit like Billings or Battle the last couple of years

Not using this as evidence, but I am curious: how do you go away with a group of teammates when you've made it clear you want to leave? Doesn't it seem awkward, or are they that professional that they're able to compartmentalise their emotions that well?

Anyway, here's a pic of a bunch of mates who all play for us.

This is the essence of sporting success - continual improvement. Of the training and teaching facilities. Of the coaches. Of the players. Of the game plan. Of player skill levels. Of the medical department. Of the recruiting department. Just keep raising the bar. It's a slow process if you're looking for sustained success, rather than a flash in the pan charge at
Plus academy picks - tick
Plus father sons - no luck
Plus free agents- maybe .

Not sure he's out the door yet. Seems like it's more speculative than anything from both sides, bit like Billings or Battle the last couple of years

Not using this as evidence, but I am curious: how do you go away with a group of teammates when you've made it clear you want to leave? Doesn't it seem awkward, or are they that professional that they're able to compartmentalise their emotions that well?

Anyway, here's a pic of a bunch of mates who all play for us.

They’re all mates, and they’re not nearly as emotionally attached to the club as we are, so I doubt they care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back