List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re all mates, and they’re not nearly as emotionally attached to the club as we are, so I doubt they care.
I get that but surely being teammates is a special bond and turning your back on playing with your mates and teammates makes it a bit harder to hang out with them?

Maybe they are just used to players moving teams so often now that it doesn't phase them.

They’re all mates, and they’re not nearly as emotionally attached to the club as we are, so I doubt they care.
They have most probably been planning this trip for a while and getting away from the football hype would be a great break for the guys -
Clark like everyone else would know , the club will look at anyone if they think they can improve the list.

I get that but surely being teammates is a special bond and turning your back on playing with your mates and teammates makes it a bit harder to hang out with them?

Maybe they are just used to players moving teams so often now that it doesn't phase them.
Sounds more like the club is “turning their back” on him than vice versa.

Not sure he's out the door yet. Seems like it's more speculative than anything from both sides, bit like Billings or Battle the last couple of years

Not using this as evidence, but I am curious: how do you go away with a group of teammates when you've made it clear you want to leave? Doesn't it seem awkward, or are they that professional that they're able to compartmentalise their emotions that well?

Anyway, here's a pic of a bunch of mates who all play for us.

He's moving clubs, does not mean they all have to stop being friends.

Do you know in SA pots are schooners and schnooners are pints?
In Mt Gambier and the beers are wild

I was thinking that when i started drinking in Victoria, Schooners were pretty rare and considered an interstate thing.
I looked it up.

Lots of history not much clarity.

I like how sydneysiders called a 45cm beer glass a "Bishop Barker" after the head of the church of England in Sydney, who preached intemperance.

Being a saints supporter means being good at imagining, so imagine if we got De Goey, Bowes (a former top ten pick) AND took 7 and 9 to the draft. And all of this with a footy department restructuring. What a dream
If gags pulls that off he can work from the space station as far as I’m concerned.

Not sure he's out the door yet. Seems like it's more speculative than anything from both sides, bit like Billings or Battle the last couple of years

Not using this as evidence, but I am curious: how do you go away with a group of teammates when you've made it clear you want to leave? Doesn't it seem awkward, or are they that professional that they're able to compartmentalise their emotions that well?

Recording the crowd singing for our benefit?

Also H Clark should be traded for touring with those shorts.

COYS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pity we don't still have the old Saints disco at Moorabbin because that could be a real selling point to get someone like De Goey.

He wouldn't have to go to Bali to party he could party right here.

Dan Butler on holidays with his Richmond mates who bought him this knock off at the market when he became a Saint Screenshot_20220923-234847_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

possibly, but its a slippery slope, the detail could screw you. Smarter folks than us are on it I suppose. But I can almost guarantee the art here is creating a standard that superficially satisfies public expectation whilst being pretty toothless. JDG's mgmt will only accept piss weak standards - anything more would be way too gameable. Im surprised CFC have even got themselves bogged down in it tbh. The more scrutiny it gets the more stupid it looks. I think Saints are unlikely, but if we're gonna land him, a 'just sign on' policy makes the most sense.

Looks worse when he inevitable wakes up in lock up and we have to have an exhaustive investigation only to let him play the next week if we've ignored our own set of rules. If we are giving him 5 years on a high wage we aren't going to want to sack him the first week when he's photographed in a strip club.

If trading Clark for future picks is a key part of getting pick 7 then I don't care what pick he brings in the front door as long as Gold Coast is happy to take them.

I really, really want Mackenzie.

In other words, I would straight swap 18 y.o. Mackenzie for 23 y.o Clark in an instant.

I'm not as sold on McKenzie but I think that deal gets us something good out of the ashes. You'd need to have it all ready to go with an in principal agreement, because if you were left standing with the two North future picks for Clark you'd have a lot of unhappy fans.

If trading Clark and a few extras gets us a Hunter Clark replacement AND PICK 7 we'd be mad not to do it.

We wouldn't lose a thing output wise or structurally but stand to gain heaps by going into this draft with Pick 7 & 9.

Jordy must really be planning on doing a LOT of partying in the next 5 years if behaviour clauses alone are enough to make him give up playing for the biggest sporting club in the country who just made a prelim.... to instead play for us.

So long as we keep the cash and years reasonable I'm still ok with us taking the risk.... but sheesh, if he does leave the pies over that... the guy is clearly a party fiend and has no intention of changing
We don’t know what the “behaviour claus” they are proposing are and implications of breeched.
Surely we wouldn’t be stupid to not add some type of behavior clauses into our contract but obviously not as “hardcore” than Collingwood.

So what happened to the NWM rumours of wanting out
He’s going to play out next year. There would of been more “noise” if he was really wanting to go this year.
Who knows maybe having a mate you grew up with to play along side with might keep them both at the club longer?

He’s going to play out next year. There would of been more “noise” if he was really wanting to go this year.
Who knows maybe having a mate you grew up with to play along side with might keep them both at the club longer?
Got a year to work on him and convince him to stay.
Winning games and making finals would be a start.

We don’t know what the “behaviour claus” they are proposing are and implications of breeched.
Surely we wouldn’t be stupid to not add some type of behavior clauses into our contract but obviously not as “hardcore” than Collingwood.
All players would have to adhere to an AFL code of conduct so you don't need a behaviour clause to hold people accountable for their actions

I'm not as sold on McKenzie but I think that deal gets us something good out of the ashes. You'd need to have it all ready to go with an in principal agreement, because if you were left standing with the two North future picks for Clark you'd have a lot of unhappy fans.
Agree. Don’t want to loose Clark but I’ve seen a fair bit of mackenzies footy. I would say he’s a better user than nas and get more of it. He’s an upgrade on Clark

Why?

If we got Norths next years draft concessions for Clark I'd be rapt. You'd assume North will finish last next year and their draft concessions are for the Pick immediately following their normal draft pick so that's Pick 20 & 40 which equates to Pick 11 for Clark.

Where do I sign!!!!

What a terrifying thought

mhjK4KT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back