Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be injured because he was proppy and went to the bench in the last quarter after a marking contest and then returned. Jabbed?
Personal matter apparantely
He was fine yesterday.

They had this out the back of the AIA Centre.

world louis GIF
Bit of ointment, play on.

Training report: Round 20. Main session. Wed July 27th, 2022.

Drizzly morning for a while, before it cleared up later; but the ground was still wet so they would have had to adjust to those conditions.

No Darcy Moore, Cox, Dean.

Krueger, Reef, Wilson did some rehab work

De Goey, Harrison back with the main group after their respective injuries.

Pendles and McCreery were managed. On a lighter scheduled. Some drills, but no match sim.

Draper did some running as he goes through the concussion protocols.

Maynard was outside. Didn't look too bad. Did a couple of the drills, but then just did a running session for the rest of training. I don't think they'll risk him off a 6 day break though.

Cox has an virus, Moore missed for personal reasons.

They split up into groups and dids some of their normal drills. Some ground balls. Some pressure drills. Sprinting. Then started up with the match sim.

Black team:

• Lippa
  • De Goey
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • Josh D
  • Bianco
  • Noble
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Ruscoe
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Murphy
  • WHE
  • Ginnivan
  • Nick D
  • Howe
  • Johnson
  • Mihocek

White team:

• Grundy
  • Tyler B
  • Henry
  • Cal B
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Poulter
  • Murley
  • McMahon
  • Chugg
  • Harrison
  • Beggy
  • Madgen
  • Carmichaeo

Beggy was playing forward while Grundy v cameron in the ruck.
Madge back to playing forward
Sidebottom was at CB
Bianco/JD on the wings v Poulter/Murley

Thanks for all your reports throughout the season, Jen.

How did DeGoey seem (mood, engagement) and how well did he perform?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for all your reports throughout the season, Jen.

How did DeGoey seem (mood, engagement) and how well did he perform?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Performed well. The vibe was energised. Even though, here he may have seemed aloof. But otherwise good vibes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training report: Round 21, Main session. Tuesday August 2nd, 2022.

No tyler (I was told on twitter -- whether its true or not, who knows; he has Glandular fever)
No dean, as he is going through early stages of rehab.

Wilson, Kreuger and reef were doing some running. Kreuger helped out with some drills at the goal square.

After their warm up; the boys started with some sprints. Then per usual, separated into different groups then rotated every few minutes.
These drills were ground balls. Ball movement. There was also some one-on-one contests.

Match sim:

Black team:

• Lippa
  • De Goey
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • JDaicos
  • Bianco
  • Pendles
  • Cameron
  • Cal B (for howe)
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Murphy
  • Moore
  • WHE
  • Nick D
  • Maynard
  • Johnson
  • Mihocek

White:

• Grundy
  • Noble
  • Macrae
  • Draper
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Murley
  • McMahon
  • McCreery
  • Ginnivan (for Ollie not playing)
  • Chugg
  • Harrison
  • Begg
  • Madgen
  • Cox
  • + Jetta/Close

Howe finished up early and didn't participate in this. But we were told he wouldn't do too much today anyway.
Ollie did the drills, had his his worked on by a trainer. He went back out there, but I guess he had a bit too much soreness as he didnt partiicipate in the match sim. Hopefully he's alright though.

They worked on centre bounce and also from F50 stoppages.

McCreery spent a few centre bounces on ball. Carmichael up forward. Crisp. Pendles. rotated through there. As you can see for yourself.

Centre bounce players in black: Maynard. J Daicos. Crisp. De goey. Pendles. Carmichael

Last edited:
Training report: Round 21, Main session. Tuesday August 2nd, 2022.

No tyler (I was told on twitter -- whether its true or not, who knows; he has Glandular fever)
No dean, as he is going through early stages of rehab.

Wilson, Kreuger and reef were doing some running. Kreuger helped out with some drills at the goal square.

After their warm up; the boys started with some sprints. Then per usual, separated into different groups then rotated every few minutes.
These drills were ground balls. Ball movement. There was also some one-on-one contests.

Match sim:

Black team:

• Lippa
  • De Goey
  • IQ
  • Elliott
  • JDaicos
  • Bianco
  • Pendles
  • Cameron
  • Cal B (for howe)
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Murphy
  • Moore
  • WHE
  • Nick D
  • Maynard
  • Johnson
  • Mihocek

White:

• Grundy
  • Noble
  • Macrae
  • Draper
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Murley
  • McMahon
  • McCreery
  • Ginnivan (for Ollie not playing)
  • Chugg
  • Harrison
  • Begg
  • Madgen
  • Cox
  • + Jetta/Close

Howe finished up early and didn't participate in this. But we were told he wouldn't do too much today anyway.
Ollie did the drills, had his his worked on by a trainer. He went back out there, but I guess he had a bit too much soreness as he didnt partiicipate in the match sim. Hopefully he's alright though.

They worked on centre bounce and also from F50 stoppages.

McCreery spent a few centre bounces on ball. Carmichael up forward. Crisp. Pendles. rotated through there. As you can see for yourself.

Centre bounce players in black: Maynard. J Daicos. Crisp. De goey. Pendles. Carmichael

Carmichael seems a lock and the white team seemed to be deliberately vague.

It was quite interesting listening to Wade speaking about Krueger the other day in the fitness report he was suggesting he may be able to play again this season,he has been running strongly and Wade said his shoulder was at about 80% atm, I think it is probably too late for 1sts but we could do with a bit more size and aggression in the VFL .

As an interstate fan ,Jen you do a great job and it is much appreciated thank you.

It was quite interesting listening to Wade speaking about Krueger the other day in the fitness report he was suggesting he may be able to play again this season,he has been running strongly and Wade said his shoulder was at about 80% atm, I think it is probably too late for 1sts but we could do with a bit more size and aggression in the VFL .

As an interstate fan ,Jen you do a great job and it is much appreciated thank you.
He won't be able to play at any level I don't think. Definitely not seniors given he is inactive (not sure how that applies to VFL). Though he isn't ready. Not even doing any football related things yet. Probably not for a couple weeks.

He won't be able to play at any level I don't think. Definitely not seniors given he is inactive (not sure how that applies to VFL). Though he isn't ready. Not even doing any football related things yet. Probably not for a couple weeks.
At least he should be ready for a good preseason - fingers crossed!

I get the feeling they’re going to try to use Carmichael to partly replace Adams’ output, and rotate him out for breaks with McCreery getting some CBA’s. Will make for interesting watching, especially if McCreery gets to wrap up Oliver or Petracca in the middle.

#thoughtsandprayers

I get the feeling they’re going to try to use Carmichael to partly replace Adams’ output, and rotate him out for breaks with McCreery getting some CBA’s. Will make for interesting watching, especially if McCreery gets to wrap up Oliver or Petracca in the middle.

#thoughtsandprayers
I think you right we will have to have more size and vigour in the middle friday night,De Goey and Carmichael to go into the middle and though he would be unlucky I would bring in the extra size of MaCrae over Bianco. I do not think Carmichael has had sufficient time in the system to go fulltime in the middle but I have high hopes for him after a pre season.

Whoever they have been bringing in this season have generally made a good fist of their jobs as shown by our ladder position and the fact that someone keeps popping up and doing the job asked of them.

I think you are right I cannot see a place for him atm I was just surprised to see him mentioned in football terms this season, we know we brought him in to play forward and next season he may but competition is quite tight as evidenced by Ollie not being able to get a start in the 1sts but we do need more size down back Murphy is too small to hold down a key post.

I think you are right I cannot see a place for him atm I was just surprised to see him mentioned in football terms this season, we know we brought him in to play forward and next season he may but competition is quite tight as evidenced by Ollie not being able to get a start in the 1sts but we do need more size down back Murphy is too small to hold down a key post.
Also I wonder if we put him down back might even help stop getting injured all the time. I know we told him he would play forward when we recruited him, but things could change.

Also I wonder if we put him down back might even help stop getting injured all the time. I know we told him he would play forward when we recruited him, but things could change.
I think if Henry is struggling to get back in then Krueger has no chance atm but with Roughead retiring and Dean injured we could have used his size and aggression down back,Murphy though has done a great job though very under size at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back