List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has a bad word to say about Coff for 6 years, then he requests a trade, and suddenly he's a sook, s**t bloke, terrible footballer and more!

Best of luck to him. Isn't the first and won't be the last guy to request a trade from the Saints. Let's not act like schoolkids when a player leaves!
Is that you Hunter

Like surely Gresh is worth more than that. Our chances of getting a player as good as him are 50/50 at pick 19, they are very iffy at pick 30. In which case there’s no point in letting him go.

I reckon a pick 19 would be about 10% chance of upgrading at best. I think they want the pick for trading for Henry or something.

While it is not yet a done deal, St Kilda will lobby Essendon to pay Jade Gresham in the vicinity of $600,000 a season, triggering a second-round pick for the Saints, bolstering their draft hand.

Meanwhile, a Dylan Shiel to St Kilda move would help respectfully take Shiel off the Bombers’ books as he is surplus to requirements in red and black.

It is a win-win, but far from done.

From HS article about Footy Managers meeting in cafes.
"2nd round" or "Band 2" - I doubt that these "reporters" even understand the difference.

If the compo on offer for Gresh is Band 3 (Pick 33 - 2nd round) or Band 4 (Pick 38ish- still 2nd round) we will be matching.

I was having a look at the 2014 draft and after McCartin a kid called Christian Petracca was drafted by Melbourne. I think we made a mistake by not drafting Petracca. He is much better than McCartin.
Wow , haven't heard that one before

To paraphrase Monty Python

We lost Blake Acres for nothing
And we got Mason Wood for nothing
So what have we lost?

NOTHING!!!!

Always look on the bright side of life

Break even = the closest thing to a huge win for us over the last decade.

Who said he was depth, he was offered a contract if the club didn't rate him he wouldn't of got the contract.

I think the understanding is he was offered a 1 year deal at reduced money. That is effectively "we'll keep you if you've got no where else to go". Unless there was bad blood (and maybe there was) the club could have kept him if he was rated more highly.

"2nd round" or "Band 2" - I doubt that these "reporters" even understand the difference.

If the compo on offer for Gresh is Band 3 (Pick 33 - 2nd round) or Band 4 (Pick 38ish- still 2nd round) we will be matching.

I doubt it. We'll threaten it but we need his pick to get trades done. Pretty sure he'll get a pick around 19 but even if they don't they'll talk tough but let him go. We've already factored in him leaving. Essendon would just walk away if they had to trade for him.

I doubt it. We'll threaten it but we need his pick to get trades done. Pretty sure he'll get a pick around 19 but even if they don't they'll talk tough but let him go. We've already factored in him leaving. Essendon would just walk away if they had to trade for him.
Wouldn't mind them walking away and us keeping Gres.
That won't happen though.
What I am really concerned about is us getting a band 3 or a second after matching and STILL getting Dylan Sheil.

I think that will be a disastrous result.
Would anyone be happy if we got say pick 25 for Gres and gave 31 for Sheil?

My God what a terrible result. Was willing to eat the Sheil s.hit sandwich for pick 13 or even 19 but a second is laughable. They would need to pay 2/3 rds of his Salary and I still would be unhappy.
The high pick is the prize, Sheil is Max 2 years, we may fluke a player @25 or whatever pick, much better chance of a top quality player at 13 or 19.

This trade period is going to be pretty upsetting.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the understanding is he was offered a 1 year deal at reduced money. That is effectively "we'll keep you if you've got no where else to go". Unless there was bad blood (and maybe there was) the club could have kept him if he was rated more highly.
Maybe he was offered 1 year, i think it's time the club gave themselves some security instead of locking into a contract that they regret later, we all know theyv'e done it before maybe they've learnt.

Our track record at letting players go has been pretty good.
Steven
McCartin*
Long
Bruce*
Newnes

Only * have played decent footy since they left

He was looking pretty good in training just before he did his ACL.
He had plenty of games with lots of marks.
He can play but he’s no Sicily and imo never will be. I’ve seen him play very good football and honestly I wish him all the best at the bulldogs. I wanted to keep and I would have offered him two years but I guess he’s happy with what the bulldogs have offered and must fancy he’s a lock in there best side.

Going back to Lethlean’s comments the club just needs to focus on getting value for players that don’t want to be here.

I don’t think 1+1 was an unfair offer for someone who has been unable to play in the last two years, and has a history of missing games before that. I’d say it’s more that he watched Naz go around this year and understands that the role he aspires to have, has been well and truly filled.

The only thing that upsets me is that it’s another wasted first rounder, and speaks to why we have floundered for years. Hopefully our recent turn in draft form can continue this year.

So now the question becomes what can we prise out from the bulldogs? Pick 37? A fringe player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Band 2 or we will match. Then its up to Essendon to actually decide how much they want him.

We might have factored in what happens if he leaves but I bet there's a column in the spreadsheet that shows what happens if he stays.

Really, that looks like black humour to me. You get very Neil Mitchell at this time of year. Moral outrage seems very loosely applied on here.
Humour, said it twice, you get like Peta Credlin this time of year, with your conspiracy theories and long horse face.

You think it is cool to wish someone does a knee and wrecks his career? It is not moral outrage, it is just being decent, maybe you should look at your own standards if you think that is a good thing to post not just here but on Twitter as well.

All good trying to troll me, but it makes you look like a fool in this case.

Last edited:
Going back to Lethlean’s comments the club just needs to focus on getting value for players that don’t want to be here.

I don’t think 1+1 was an unfair offer for someone who has been unable to play in the last two years, and has a history of missing games before that. I’d say it’s more that he watched Naz go around this year and understands that the role he aspires to have, has been well and truly filled.

The only thing that upsets me is that it’s another wasted first rounder, and speaks to why we have floundered for years. Hopefully our recent turn in draft form can continue this year.

So now the question becomes what can we prise out from the bulldogs? Pick 37? A fringe player?

Yeah, Gags had a horrible habit of paying top dollar for GOPs and selling off our players for minimal return. If we are following Port's rebuild while challenging model we need to turn our players back into decent compensation.

You want to at least be upgrading if you are losing best 22 players. Ideally you get first round picks, move up and take high picks in the draft and chase alternative pathways for talent. Targetted topping-up looks like it worked for the last 2 flags. I think if we balance topping up with drafting with high picks we can regenerate quickly.

Humour, said it twice, you get like Peta Credlin this time of year, with your conspiracy theories and long horse face.

You think it is cool to wish someone does a knee and wrecks his career? It is not moral outrage, it is just being decent, maybe you should look at your own standards if you think that is a good thing to post not here but on Twitter as well.

All good trying to troll me, but it make you look like a fool in this case.

I think it's just Aussie humour. It's the sort of shit I'd say but I don't actually want him to do a knee. Worse shit gets said every day on here. Don't know why that stands out so much to be honest.

Band 2 or we will match. Then its up to Essendon to actually decide how much they want him.

We might have factored in what happens if he leaves but I bet there's a column in the spreadsheet that shows what happens if he stays.

I doubt it. We will have his spot already accounted for have his compo already spent. Rarely do clubs match and I don't think we want him. We'll do an Adelaide and make some noise and fold.

I think it's just Aussie humour. It's the sort of s**t I'd say but I don't actually want him to do a knee. Worse s**t gets said every day on here. Don't know why that stands out so much to be honest.

Stands out because he posted it here then when called out on it said he actually wanted it to happen.

Then he posts the same thing on Twitter. Don't know why you would defend this so vercifiously but if that is your level of humour or your standards, thats up to you I suppose.

I doubt it. We will have his spot already accounted for have his compo already spent. Rarely do clubs match and I don't think we want him. We'll do an Adelaide and make some noise and fold.
Band 2 would be about right…a lot of noise about Essendon doing well with FA but honestly the players they’re getting are a bit speculative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back