List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 7 becomes 9 or 10

Not sure he makes it that far

It's the same pick?

1 - Reid
2 - McKercher
3 - Duursma
4 - Curtin
5 - Watson
6 - Caddy
7 - Sanders

OR

1 - Reid
2 - Walter (GC)
3 - McKercher
4 - Duursma
5 - Read (GC)
6 - Curtin
7 - Watson
8 - Caddy
9 - Rogers (GC)
10 - Sanders

Does my head in when people say "Oh it'll slide back so it's not worth it." You still get the same player options.

Does my head in when people say "Oh it'll slide back so it's not worth it." You still get the same player opoptions.
Exactly. The only pick that is going to affect who's available is North's bulltish compo pick 3!

It's the same pick?

1 - Reid
2 - McKercher
3 - Duursma
4 - Curtin
5 - Watson
6 - Caddy
7 - Sanders

OR

1 - Reid
2 - Walter (GC)
3 - McKercher
4 - Duursma
5 - Read (GC)
6 - Curtin
7 - Watson
8 - Caddy
9 - Rogers (GC)
10 - Sanders

Does my head in when people say "Oh it'll slide back so it's not worth it." You still get the same player options.

You're correct but I can easily see Sanders going in top 7. Before Caddy, maybe Watson maybe even Curtin. Of that 4-7 group he's probably the best mid.

What does Dodo do all week? Hasn’t spoken with Port, says he hasn’t discussed Gresh with StK. Golfing?
He sits in his recliner, smoking a pipe and counts how many times his name appears in the Herald Sun.

It truly is the Dildo's time to shine.

You're correct but I can easily see Sanders going in top 7. Before Caddy, maybe Watson maybe even Curtin. Of that 4-7 group he's probably the best mid.
Can see Sanders going 5 or 6 easily

Gresham and RTB get on well. Both parties know this is a commercial decision. Gresham will go where he gets paid the most... whether it be Essendon or St Kilda.

If Essendon offer him a figure he isn't looking for then we will match.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side as BJ found out.

Reckon Gresham would screw us over without batting an eye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think if we give pick 12 for picks in the 20s melts are justified

Let me put on the rose coloured glasses for a moment here mowman.

Lately we have done well identifying players that miss out on the draft or were delisted

Sharman
Wood
Stocker
Hammer

We have some good players from last draft that we haven't even seen yet

Hotton (who I have high hopes for)
Van Es (big lump of a lad needs developing)
Keeler (could be Nic Nat or Spencer White, raw AF, but has some tremendous upside)

Now none of this translates to picking gems in this draft

Chito pick in the late 20's
Windy late thirties

We were lucky that covid hid them a bit

What I am saying is that it is a risk to go after the gems in R2, however we have been fairly successful lately in grabbing good later players.

The risk is that we don't get the Naz or the Pou that could be a League leader once developed, on the other hand we may land a Jye Bolton diamond from the rough.

Does not address our glaring issue. We have no Oliver, or Petracca, or peak Dusty or Danger or Bont in our mids.

If the 'hidden gems' is our strategy we need to suck up the fact we get no immediate value from this draft, we get no superstar or potential superstar from the draft.

This would logically mean that with our big fat TPP warchest next year, (as the article stav posted yesterday points out) we hit FA
I have some confidence in Toce, he has been getting around the country identifying. A member here lets us know by PM he was at their local WAFL finals (?) game will Gubby a month or so back, another report was him and RTB being at the VFL granny.
I know in 2020, he quarantined in Qld for 3 weeks then flew to SA and stayed there for a couple of months I think, scouting like crazy the SANFL which had continued.

If we go down that path, we wont see benefits until 2025 at the very very earliest from this draft.

At least we will all have something to complain about when pick 13 that we have from this draft becomes the new Bont or Judd or someone :D

\end rose coloured glasses rant

Let me put on the rose coloured glasses for a moment here mowman.

Lately we have done well identifying players that miss out on the draft or were delisted

Sharman
Wood
Stocker
Hammer

We have some good players from last draft that we haven't even seen yet

Hotton (who I have high hopes for)
Van Es (big lump of a lad needs developing)
Keeler (could be Nic Nat or Spencer White, raw AF, but has some tremendous upside)

Now none of this translates to picking gems in the draft

Chito pick in the late 20's
Windy late thirties

We were lucky that covid hid them a bit

What I am saying is that it is a risk to go after the gems in R2, however we have been fairly successful lately in grabbing good later players.

The risk is that we don't get the Naz or the Pou that could be a League leader once developed, on the other hand we may land a Jye Bolton diamond from the rough.

Does not address our glaring issue. We have no Oliver, or Petracca, or peak Dusty or Danger or Bont in our mids.

If the 'hidden gems' is our strategy we need to suck up the fact we get no immediate value from this draft, we get no superstar or potential superstar from the draft.

This would logically mean that with our big fat TPP warchest next year, (as the article stav posted yesterday points out) we hit FA
I have some confidence in Toce, he has been getting around the country identifying. A member here lets us know by PM he was at their local WAFL finals (?) game will Gubby a month or so back, another report was him and RTB being at the VFL granny.
I know in 2020, he quarantined in Qld for 3 weeks then flew to SA and stayed there for a couple of months I think, scouting like crazy the SANFL which had continued.

If we go down that path, we wont see benefits until 2025 at the very very earliest from this draft.

At least we will all have something to complain about when pick 13 that we have from this draft becomes the new Bont or Judd or someone :D

\end rose coloured glasses rant
Sharman, Heath, Allison and Hotton were all working hard at RSEA park yesterday…great to see that kind of initiative

Sharman, Heath, Allison and Hotton were all working hard at RSEA park yesterday…great to see that kind of initiative
Annoys me slightly that there seems to be 2 groups developing with the kids.

The “core” group from last week.

And the “vfl” group here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back