List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gresh doesn’t re-injure himself, he’ll have some good games at the bombers next year.

Here and there, some good games. Maybe.

Ultimately won’t get them closer to a flag.

Exact same with McKay, Duursma, Goldstein.

They might make a final if their kids lift, that’s about it.

I’d take any other list in the league over Essendon except maybe the Weagles pending if they can bring some youth in or not.

We’re not much better in the last decade, but at least we have an identifiable game plan and list strategy with a long term approach now.

Keep bringing in draft picks and players under 23 please and thank you. An un-exciting trade period for us but a necessary one. Once Dow and Henry are in, the cherry on top will be if we can strike gold at the draft again, make it a three year batch between Owens, Windy, Nasiah, Hotton, Caminiti, Phillipou, Van Es, Keeler, and whoever we draft this year. A consistent, identifiable long term approach.

Where did the Liam Duggan chatter come from?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really like Ginnivan but

1. He has said he wants to go nowhere
2. Do we really need him?
Would have him in a heartbeat

The kid can play and I could learn to love ❤️ him

Thanks for the responses - assume we’ll accept pick 21 and not too many melts although 13 would have been more palatable.

Still, if he wants to go then cest la vie. Not sure how much we’ll miss him.

Last edited:
Would have him in a heartbeat

The kid can play and I could learn to love ❤️ him
I already love him. There is a lot of bs about him ducking. Watching him v Hawks last year he was head over the ball, and the Hawks made him pay numerous times.

Thought to myself, this kid can really play and get his own ball.

Last edited:
Bombers still a chance of making the finals: Sheedy

"If that's the best side and we're a kick behind them for most of the night, then maybe there's a just a little flicker of light there that the players might want to sort of go and grab it," he said.

LHO93HI.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare Essendon to Sydney. Essendon stuff every other club around during trade week. The Swans quietly with no fuss bring in Grundy, Adams and Jordon.

When ever we've dealt with the Swans it's always been the same. No stress. Jones, Hanners, Dempster, Schneider, Membrey, all trades done fairly and without fanfare.

Wish they'd have kept Hanners though.

Compare Essendon to Sydney. Essendon stuff every other club around during trade week. The Swans quietly with no fuss bring in Grundy, Adams and Jordon.

When ever we've dealt with the Swans it's always been the same. No stress. Jones, Hanners, Dempster, Schneider, Membrey, all trades done fairly and without fanfare.

Wish they'd have kept Hanners though.

Suspect in this specific instance it was complicated dramatically by Shiel doing his knee playing twister (yes of course that's a joke).

They got their other deals done pretty quickly.

Gut says we were on for a bigger pay day for Gresh with Shiel coming back to us and 13 but then the knee thing.

Lots of people hang s**t on their trading team but they have done a lot of business pretty quickly this year, not sure its entirely fair (speaking about this year specifically)

Suspect in this specific instance it was complicated dramatically by Shiel doing his knee playing twister (yes of course that's a joke).

They got their other deals done pretty quickly.

Gut says we were on for a bigger pay day for Gresh with Shiel coming back to us and 13 but then the knee thing.

Lots of people hang s**t on their trading team but they have done a lot of business pretty quickly this year, not sure its entirely fair (speaking about this year specifically)
They were also free agents.

Let’s see how Zerk and Duursma go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back