5th T20I New Zealand v Australia @ Eden Park 5pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

So New Zealand set Australia a target of 244 to win and Australia managed to chase it down with 7 balls to spare. Good advertisement for crash bash cricket but this sort of match isn't going to make me take this form of cricket seriously in terms of being emotionally invested in the outcome.

I want to see Australia win in test cricket and 50 over cricket, but in this form of the game i end up barracking for certain players to do well instead of a team to win.

On the positive side, this is the first time Australia has beaten New Zealand in a proper international sport (rugby league doesn't count as one IMO) at Eden Park since the first ever game of crash bash cricket between these two teams in 2005. Now if the Wallabies can beat the All Blacks there on August 25, that'd be bloody beautiful.

The ground is still s**t.
However it will always be known as the venue with the highest ever successful 20/20 run chase.
Against you kiwis, which makes it even better......
How goods that????
Plugger creaming in his pants after the first 20 overs, congratulating NZ for magnificent batting. Then when it becomes obvious Australia can win, Plugger decides New Zealand are throwing the game. So predictable.

NZ just toying with Australia, we don't even need to send out our two best batsmen in Williamson and Taylor to flog your bowlers.

Hahahahaahhahahahhaha! 243 and lost, no you don't need to send out your two best batsmen.And how did that all end up......hahahahaha!

Obviously a s**t ground where anyone can hit 6s, especially when it's a road.

Your team is s**t!

Your posts are drenched in hatred for Australia, just like Pluggers. Everyone here knows it. Classic little brother syndrome, classic bitterness. Big men earlier at the end of your team's batting innings. Any boundary or six we hit was a fluke or an edge. Suck s**t.
I have no hatred of Aus lol, most of my favorite cricketers are Australian.

"I'm not racist I have black friends"
This is someone who shits on our team constantly, I've never pretended like NZ are better than Aus in cricket. I'm more annoyed at our performance, it's another match they should have won with the position they got themselves into. Which has happened a lot with this team, and obviously because it's against Aus and the fashion in which it happened sucks.

This is someone who shits on our team constantly, I've never pretended like NZ are better than Aus in cricket. I'm more annoyed at our performance, it's another match these guys should have won with the position they got themselves into.
I've been lurking these boards for years, half of your posts are diminishing and admonishing Australia's cricketing efforts whether they win or lose. Get over yourself.

I've been lurking these boards for years, half of your posts are diminishing and admonishing Australia's cricketing efforts whether they win or lose.
Really lmao? Have you seen the other million calling NZ losers?

We've got no leg to stand on because we haven't won s**t, but we have the media hyping this team up only to lose games like this and choke away deciders when in a good position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't followed the game too much tonight. Was the pitch a dead set road on a tiny ground with the rope brought way in?

Warner's now 7 from 7 as a captain.

Ah, the dead rubber champion, does sweet FA for the other 6 games then pulls the finger out during a nothing game to guarantee his spot in the team for another 3 years

Not if you want actual discussion.

Not that this forum is great at that either, but it's still better than r/cricket.
Yeah, it's hard to keep a track of things in match threads.

Personally prefer forums.

Last edited:
I would love for Auckland to have another stadium, Eden Park gets so much s**t for the small boundaries.

But it's not warranted or practical with Eden Park available.

Would it be worth it though? What would it be for? Cricket and maybe concerts. Probably not enough to warrant a whole new stadium.
Yeah, that's the problem. That's why it's Eden Park or nothing for Auckland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back