Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues won't give up 6 and 24.

They'll secure WCE first round pick in a trade for SPS, and look at passing that on for Cerra.
Freo will provide some salary relief to get it over the line
Ok. I'll bite.

WC cannot trade their first round pick. This season or next season.
SPS is out of contract so what Salary relief?

Seriously.
giphy.gif

I
For the record, Cerra finished equal 3rd in the BnF last year as a 20 year old - ahead of the likes of Brayshaw. I expect Cerra to again be in the top 5 of our BnF in 2021, despite missing a couple of games from injury. Cerra, whilst not getting the same amount of ball as Brayshaw, is in another league when it comes to footskills. The notion that he is behind Brayshaw and Serong is false - he has his own skillset which is just as valuable, if not more than those guys - which is why many Freo members like myself are disappointed to lose Cerra. He is absolutely worth Carlton's first and second selections in the 2021 draft.
I think more. A pick 5 is about 2000 points, say about 70% chance of being an a grade player ( say for 10 seasons between 22 and 31.)
So Cerr A is approximately 2000/0.7*.9= approx 2600 points, or pick 2. Didn't an older Tim Kelly get traded for 3200 points or so.
I think fair is Cerra+2022r3 for 6,25, 2022r2.

Last edited:
Blues won't give up 6 and 24.

They'll secure WCE first round pick in a trade for SPS, and look at passing that on for Cerra.
Freo will provide some salary relief to get it over the line
Pick 10 for SPS?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Love to do an assessment on carltons drafted midfielders with top 30 picks and how many have worked out.

At a guess the going rate must be something in the region of 5-7 top 30 picks produces 1 high level player.

Carlton, based off your drafting history if you can get Cerra for picks 6 and 24 ******* go for it.

get a pick back like a 3rd and that’s gold.

Tom Mitchell - traded for pick 14 at the same age Cerra is, after a year in which he averaged 28 disposals per game, got 12 Brownlow votes and was one of the best players on the ground in a grand final
The same year Dion Prestia would have been traded for pick 14 if Richmond had it. We had pick 6, so we traded that and the following year's 38 for Prestia and pick 24. Prestia had already established himself as one of the best clearance players in the game and an elite two-way runner.

Cerra's a good player. But he's not worth more than those two. Picks 6 and 25? I have some jousting sticks you might be interested in.

If Carlton want Cerra, than 6 and 24 absolutely have to be on the table. It seems to be a bidding war here, and no other team interest, esp Melbourne can match or better that offer.

Absolute no Brainer in my opinion.
No other team will offer more than #6.
No need to offer more.
The key question is who is nominated

Last edited:
Tom Mitchell - traded for pick 14 at the same age Cerra is, after a year in which he averaged 28 disposals per game, got 12 Brownlow votes and was one of the best players on the ground in a grand final
The same year Dion Prestia would have been traded for pick 14 if Richmond had it. We had pick 6, so we traded that and the following year's 38 for Prestia and pick 24. Prestia had already established himself as one of the best clearance players in the game and an elite two-way runner.

Cerra's a good player. But he's not worth more than those two. Picks 6 and 25? I have some jousting sticks you might be interested in.
Finally some common sense

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have used picks on players who haven't performed for over a decade, whether due to bad recruiting or development who knows. Here is a player who is ready to go, has vast improvement, will have ten years left, and will be an amazing companion to the likes of Walsh and Cripps. Pick 6 and 24 is totally worth it, Carlton fans are crazy for thinking otherwise. How many pick 24s work out? what are the odds? Especially in this draft which has a lot of uncertainty and potential issues due to covid restricting development.

Carlton board should just offer that and be done with it, get it over with nice and early. Not worth fighting over.

Carlton fans are crazy for thinking otherwise. How many pick 24s work out?
[/QUOTE]

Quite a few as it turns out, including Jack Steele, Tim Kelly and Josh Dunkley, plus plenty of quality players in that pick 22 - 26 range, including Cam Guthrie m, Jack Darling and a bunch of others. Lots.

Recruiters have really upped their batting average over the past decade, which means 6 & 24 is high price to pay for a guy who is developing nicely but nowhere near a star yet.

Pick 24 is a solid chance of being a best 22 AFL player most years now, possibly even better than that. Is Cerra worth pick 6 plus that? Big call.

Pick 6 and 24 is totally worth it, Carlton fans are crazy for thinking otherwise. How many pick 24s work out? what are the odds?

Quite a few as it turns out, including Jack Steele, Tim Kelly and Josh Dunkley, plus plenty of quality players in that pick 22 - 26 range, including Cam Guthrie, Jack Darling and a bunch of others. Lots.

Recruiters have really upped their batting average over the past decade, which means 6 & 24 is high price to pay for a guy who is developing nicely but nowhere near a star yet.

Pick 24 is a solid chance of being a best 22 AFL player most years now, possibly even better than that. Is Cerra worth pick 6 plus that? Big call.

I cant tell if you're serious or not...

Don't worry Snuff he is just taking the piss.

WC cant trade out their first rounder as the AFL rules deme that they must use a first rounder this draft as they haven't used one in the last three drafts.

He is just being a shyte stirrer.

Back