Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we want Josh Dunkley and Carlton want Oliver, I think this one should be done fairly quickly so that we have the currency to make an offer.
Neither of those trades will happen

You're just beating around the bush with your retorts, that don't answer the questions asked.
The focus of your comebacks is that i miss quoted the money offered (quoted $600,000 instead of $550,000)

Both are on similar money and length
Player One... your trying to buy into Essendon so you all value him at rock bottom
Player Two... your trying to sell so he must be worth Pick 7

Truth is - I really don't care about either deal... Just find Essendon & Dodoro's hypocrisy draining and counter productive

Also an ITK poster on our board claiming deal has been agreed to, so it doesn't really matter what we think :thumbsu:
I'm focusing on the fact that you stated something as an unarguable fact and it was incorrect. That's it.

When two of them will be tied to Cameron? I doubt it.
Pick 7 for two of geelongs first rounders
I’m sure the gws will want pick 7. Anyway it makes sense the clubs have made an agreement and should be done quickly. Dodo is doing good by getting cadwell to nominate and I’m sure he wants time to bring in a dunkley type player instead of trying to win at the trade table as do the fans so I’m guessing they met in the middle regarding saad. Thread was fun while it lasted

Pick 7 for two of geelongs first rounders
I’m sure the gws will want pick 7. Anyway it makes sense the clubs have made an agreement and should be done quickly. Dodo is doing good by getting cadwell to nominate and I’m sure he wants time to bring in a dunkley type player instead of trying to win at the trade table as do the fans so I’m guessing they met in the middle regarding saad. Thread was fun while it lasted
So Geelong will essentially give up all three of their first round picks for Cameron when they can give up just the two? Laughable. GWS will want two firsts. So if Geelong trade 2 of their 3 firsts to Carlton for 7, they'll be essentially giving 3 first round picks for Cameron.

So Geelong will essentially give up all three of their first round picks for Cameron when they can give up just the two? Laughable. GWS will want two firsts. So if Geelong trade 2 of their 3 firsts to Carlton for 7, they'll be essentially giving 3 first round picks for Cameron.

Bit off topic, but I don't see any reason why Geelong would give up 2 first rounders for Cameron in the first place. He is a RFA and will be OoC. Dangerfield was traded for 9, 28 and Gore.

If it even comes to a trade for JC, would think Geelong could/would get our 7 and 27 (or something else similar) for two of their first round picks and just give 7 and 33 for Cameron. Gore was essentially a free hit / steak knives so I suppose if GWS have any interest in one of their fringe players that could be added too?

Just like Daniher will not be traded for two firsts IMO, neither will JC.

Last edited:
Bit off topic, but I don't see any reason why Geelong would give up 2 first rounders for Cameron in the first place. He is a RFA and will be OoC. Dangerfield was traded for 9, 28 and Gore.

If it even comes to a trade for JC, would think Geelong could/would get our 7 and 27 (or something else similar) for their first two picks and just give 7 and 33 for Cameron. Gore was essentially a free hit / steak knives so I suppose if GWS have any interest in one of their fringe players that could be added too?

Just like Daniher will not be traded for two firsts IMO, neither will JC.
They had 2 available first round picks to trade at the time and were negotiating a first for Henderson at the time. They have four available at this point in time with 3 this year and 1 next year.

GWS know they can flip 11 into 6 with the Caldwell deal.

What are you on 😳

What are you on 😳
Okay, let me make it simple for you:

1. GWS will ask for 2 first round picks.
2. If Geelong flip 11 and 13 into pick 7, GWS will be asking for 7 and 18/19 in return for Cameron
3. Therefore, if Geelong trade up for pick 7, they'll be essentially trading 11, 13 and 18/19 for Cameron

Do you understand now? Or do I need to make it even easier for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had 2 available first round picks to trade at the time and were negotiating a first for Henderson at the time. They have four available at this point in time with 3 this year and 1 next year.

So your saying you'll be trading your pick 6 for Caldwell.....wow!!

So your saying you'll be trading your pick 6 for Caldwell.....wow!!
Maybe. I'm open to moving down the draft order to pick 11. If GWS get 11 and 13 for Cameron, 11 and Caldwell for 6 makes sense, maybe with a later pick swap or something.

So you are saying that Adelaide just let it slide because the Cats wanted to do other deals? That's a humungous stretch IMO and very unlikely. Adelaide got a deal that was better than what they would receive under the FA rules, for a player they knew wanted out. I suspect if it comes to a trade, GWS will do the same.

No club wants to keep/have a player, let alone one that will earn huge bucks, on their list when they have indicated they want out and don't already have an existing contract. I doubt GWS get 2 firsts for JC and think the deal will be pretty similar to what I said, if a trade is required at all.

GWS can ask for it, but I don't see why Geelong would pay it.

That would give Caldwell value of pick 41. You're dreaming.
It's far more likely than 7 being split by Geelong
So you are saying that Adelaide just let it slide because the Cats wanted to do other deals? That's a humungous stretch IMO and very unlikely. Adelaide got a deal that was better than what they would receive under the FA rules, for a player they knew wanted out. I suspect if it comes to a trade, GWS will do the same.

No club wants to keep/have a player, let alone one that will earn huge bucks, on their list when they have indicated they want out and don't already have an existing contract. I doubt GWS get 2 firsts for JC and think the deal will be pretty similar to what I said, if a trade is required at all.

GWS can ask for it, but I don't see why Geelong would pay it.
Adelaide knew that was the best deal they could get.

What you're suggesting has Geelong paying 2 first round picks for Cameron anyway. Why would Geelong trade 2 picks to Carlton for a pick they're going to trade to GWS when they can just trade the two picks to GWS, something I'm sure the Giants would prefer anyway? Pick 11 or 13 can also be flipped to get a better pick than your pick anyway in a different deal.

Carlton trading pick 7 to Geelong for 2 firsts doesn't benefit Geelong, doesn't benefit the Giants, doesn't benefit Essendon, it only benefits Carlton. So in your infinite wisdom, please explain to me why the hell Geelong do that deal?

Adelaide knew that was the best deal they could get.

But it wasn't, because Geelong chose to also deal for Henderson for a first rounder that they also had. How is it any different to GWS knowing it's the best deal they will get? Who else is going to offer better when JC has nominated Geelong?

What you're suggesting has Geelong paying 2 first round picks for Cameron anyway. Why would Geelong trade 2 picks to Carlton for a pick they're going to trade to GWS when they can just trade the two picks to GWS, something I'm sure the Giants would prefer anyway? Pick 11 or 13 can also be flipped to get a better pick than your pick anyway in a different deal.

They are not paying 2 firsts outright though at all. You are totally overlooking that they will get a 2nd round pick back in the deal, if one was struck with Carlton and it went that way. If one of the picks included is their own from this year, it's really a downgrade of 10 spots from 17/18 to 27. You are the one that has assumed it will be 11 and 13.

Carlton trading pick 7 to Geelong for 2 firsts doesn't benefit Geelong, doesn't benefit the Giants, doesn't benefit Essendon, it only benefits Carlton. So in your infinite wisdom, please explain to me why the hell Geelong do that deal?

No need to get snippy. You are stating it doesn't benefit anyone else as if it's factual, which it isn't.

GWS benefit because they get a top 10 pick that won't be badly affected by NGAs/Academies to go along with a second rounder+, which will be categorically better than what their FA comp will be. How is that not a benefit?

Geelong benefit because it enables them to get a trade deal done for Cameron (if it's even required) that suits as well as keeping a footing in the top 30 selections to go along with their other first rounder. How is that not a benefit?

Who cares what benefits Essendon in a trade that involves Carlton and Geelong, then potentially GWS as a result? You are obviously on the train that pick 7 needs to be involved directly for Saad, I think that is a very remote chance of happening. If Carlton procure pick 17/18 in this trade, that will be the offer for Saad IMO and is where I have rated his value all along.

2. If Geelong flip 11 and 13 into pick 7, GWS will be asking for 7 and 18/19 in return for Cameron
3. Therefore, if Geelong trade up for pick 7, they'll be essentially trading 11, 13 and 18/19 for Cameron

🤣 lol ok mate

If the compo for free agency would have been pick 21 they will take pick 7 + change without hesitation and have likely asked for a top 10 pick or this wouldn't be discussed right now, it will be the end of RFA's if GWS push too hard and he doesn't get to Geelong.

Geelong Flip 11 + 18 + 33 for 7 + 27, trade 7 + 27 for Cameron and keep 13.

Then we give you 18 for Saad and you give it to GWS for Caldwell and everything is neatly wrapped up.

If Geelong don't do this trade GWS is asking for 11 + 13 so they can trade up into the top 10 leaving them with 18 instead of 13, get it now?

Gws can ask for whatever they like doesnt mean they will get it.

If the compo for free agency would have been pick 21 they will take pick 7 + change without hesitation and have likely asked for a top 10 pick or this wouldn't be discussed right now, it will be the end of RFA's if GWS push too hard and he doesn't get to Geelong.

Geelong Flip 11 + 18 + 33 for 7 + 27, trade 7 + 27 for Cameron and keep 13.

Then we give you 18 for Saad and you give it to GWS for Caldwell and everything is neatly wrapped up.

If Geelong don't do this trade GWS is asking for 11 + 13 so they can trade up into the top 10 leaving them with 18 instead of 13, get it now?
In what world would Jeremy Cameron's compo been anything but band 1?

Back