Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 8 - Tigers v Cats Fri May 7th 7:50pm EST (MCG) LIVE TIGERCAST COMING!

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won the ball, I genuinely don't see how people are even discussing this. The head high contact rule is if you go for a bump, not if you are competing in the air or on the ground.
People are still sooking about trent cotchin / Shiel in the prelim
and Cotching didnt even hit shiel in the head

You wouldnt have been critical of Trent at the time were you

You guys have been winning for a few years so you may have forgotten that when you are getting smashed you tend to lose the free kick count.
Enjoy the win Cats way to good tonight almost scary good. No need to get involved in umpiring chat especially when ur point isn’t valid as the free kick count was heavily skewed when Richmond were in control of the game in the first half.

Two losses out of your last three games, I think the cracks are showing. Have to bring a good effort to beat the Tigers though.
Those may be cracks, but it may also be filled up very quickly by Richmond. Hence, it is a bit too premature to rule Richmond out right now (not saying that you’re saying this either, but just talking generally).

In the 2019 season for example, we lost 6 games by 30+ points (with our highest losing margin being 67 points against Geelong funnily enough). Having said that, we still won the Premiership and did so by beating Geelong in the PF. In 2017, we had two losses by 76 and 67 points. In 2020, we didn’t really have a lot of big margin losses, but we did lose to Hawthorn by 32 points at the MCG.

Again, not saying that you said it, but this is why it is a bit premature to rule Richmond out of the Premiership race. We saw what Richmond does in backs-to-the-wall games like last week where we really needed to win. This one wasn’t really a backs-to-the-wall type of game because we don’t usually get caught jogging and ball-watching when those games come around unlike today. We may be seeing the end of our reign, but the season may also end up in similar circumstances to the last few years.

People are still sooking about trent cotchin / Shiel in the prelim
and Cotching didnt even hit shiel in the head

You wouldnt have been critical of Trent at the time were you
Can't remember, but just watched it again and no, that's also a fair contest. You can't take that out of the game.

Enjoy the win Cats way to good tonight almost scary good. No need to get involved in umpiring chat especially when ur point isn’t valid as the free kick count was heavily skewed when Richmond were in control of the game in the first half.
I generally admit it when I think we are getting a favorable run. E.g. despite the complaints last week about the Cameron mark we definitely got a good run from the umpires for most of the game.

Tonight I thought most of what was paid was there. Your players went high a lot. You were also lucky not to get a couple of 50s for bet late and unnecessary contact in marking contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won the ball, I genuinely don't see how people are even discussing this. The head high contact rule is if you go for a bump, not if you are competing in the air or on the ground.

Reminds me of Woody in the contest in the GF in 2016, Haneberry decides to contest and it’s Woodys fault he gets injured.
Those may be cracks, but it may also be filled up very quickly by Richmond. Hence, it is a bit too premature to rule Richmond out right now (not saying that you’re saying this either, but just talking generally).

In the 2019 season for example, we lost 6 games by 30+ points (with our highest losing margin being 67 points against Geelong funnily enough). Having said that, we still won the Premiership and did so by beating Geelong in the PF. In 2017, we had two losses by 76 and 67 points. In 2020, we didn’t really have a lot of big margin losses, but we did lose to Hawthorn by 32 points at the MCG.

Again, not saying that you said it, but this is why it is a bit premature to rule Richmond out of the Premiership race. We saw what Richmond does in backs-to-the-wall games like last week where we really needed to win. This one wasn’t really a backs-to-the-wall type of game because we don’t usually get caught jogging and ball-watching when those games come around unlike today. We may be seeing the end of our reign, but the season may also end up in similar circumstances to the last few years.

I didn’t really need a history of Richmond‘s wins. I just remember the great Hawthorn team that looked unstoppable, was beaten by us in in 2016, after we lost to them in the home and away. Four years is a good effort, but it will be hard to sustain success this year for the Tigers.

I generally admit it when I think we are getting a favorable run. E.g. despite the complaints last week about the Cameron mark we definitely got a good run from the umpires for most of the game.

Tonight I thought most of what was paid was there. Your players went high a lot. You were also lucky not to get a couple of 50s for bet late and unnecessary contact in marking contests.
I’m a neutral observer tonight not complaining about the umpires just noticed tigers seemed to be on the wrong end of the free kick count (be it right or wrong) early tonight and also in other games this year. Maybe the price you pay for high pressure game style I’m not sure.

Mate this happens to us every other year. This year the stand the mark rule has made our defensive strategy for the last 3 years completely untenable, we've had to develop an almost entirely new game plan from round 1. The most famous was probably outlawing Blicavs former wing role. It'll happen to you if you stay in contention too long

Don't forget, whenever the MRO/tribunal need to make an example of someone for whatever this week's little obsession is, it's always one of ours. Always.

Reminds me of Woody in the contest in the GF in 2016, Haneberry decides to contest and it’s Woodys fault he gets injured.

I didn’t really need a history of Richmond‘s wins. I just remember the great Hawthorn team that looked unstoppable, was beaten by us in in 2016, after we lost to them in the home and away. Four years is a good effort, but it will be hard to sustain success this year for the Tigers.
But the history of Richmond is important to note when assessing our performance today and what it means for the season. It’s not unusual for us to put out performances like this in the last 4 years. Therefore, it’s not a loss that rules us out or even puts us on shaky grounds yet because of our history and how little these type of losses meant.

If we lose to GWS next week then the questions can be asked IMO because if there is one thing that we haven’t done in the last 4 years is carry a negative W-L record as late as Round 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back