Mr Saint

Rookie
Dec 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St. Kilda
Farren Ray, St Kilda, has been charged with a First Offence for wrestling Daniel Kerr, West Coast, during the fourth quarter of the Round Three match between St Kilda and West Coast, played at Docklands on Saturday April 11, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Steven King
, St Kilda, has been charged with a Level Two striking offence against Ashley Hansen, West Coast, during the fourth quarter of the Round Three match between St Kilda and West Coast, played at Docklands on Saturday April 11, 2009.

In summary, his five-year good record means he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

Other Incidents Assessed:

The match day report laid against St Kilda’s Nick Dal Santo for striking West Coast’s Matt Rosa from Saturday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel that the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. The report was detailed as Dal Santo striking West Coast’s Tyson Stenglein, but please note that this was not the case and Rosa was the West Coast player involved.

Contact between St Kilda’s Justin Koschitzke and West Coast’s Eric MacKenzie from Saturday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

All in all, good result

Justice is served.

Wish the MRP would be like that more consistently, not one soft decision this week other than Campbell Brown.

Kosi the luckiest man in football, although I did think it looked more like a scone than a punch. You know, the sort you used to give your little brother.

What happened to that wrestling charge?

You may want to rethink that statement based on his whole career. I agree he is lucky in this case but about time something went his way.

Just the news I wanted to hear. No one suspended for any games and Nicky Dal still in Brownlow contention.

In all fairness, Steven King deserved harsher penalty for his strike. It was an unprovoked attack and was lucky not to cause harm.

Are you serious?

It was a forearm to the back.

What's so bad about that?

:rolleyes:

Hansen should take up an acting career, might actually end up being half decent at something

In all fairness, Steven King deserved harsher penalty for his strike. It was an unprovoked attack and was lucky not to cause harm.
In all fairness, a neutral opinion would be fairer

Geez - Kingy would have to have the firmest tricep in the AFL cause that's where the contact was! Hanson bounced to his feet with a smirk on his face after the free.

Thought there was another Kosi incident but I will stay silent in case the match review panel are reading Big Footy!!!

I actually reckon King was unlucky. Should have been thrown out.

Kosi I thought would go because it was so obvious.

All in all I'm as stunned by their decisions as usual.

At least this week - FINALLY - we get the benefit of their inconsistency.

Only 324 more decisions we need payback on.

Wasn't he holding him as they were trotting? I mean he was the one I was sweating on the most since the others had a bit of niggle with the opposing players, but I was of the opinion Kingy gave him a shove to accentuate a hold but Hanson dropped like a sack instead, hence the whole pivot with arms out for any jumper pull to be highlighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hansen should take up an acting career, might actually end up being half decent at something

Just heard the news that Ashley has been nominted for a Gold Logie,

To vote for Ashley call 1300 555 555 or text 'Ashley' to 19 55 55 ;)

Kingy is very unlucky to even get charged there, he barely touched him. He reacted like Brent Staker when he got his lights punched. Bloody hell. However good to see Kosi get off, nothing really happened there. Also Dal was never gonna get more than a fine i reckon, over his career running into an umpire was the only other offence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back