Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Training Report: Thursday 19th Sept - Pre-Collingwood V Richmond
Sunny but cold 12C

Spotted a couple of MelbourneFC supporters wandering over to Gosh's Paddock this morning. That's a first!
When I arrived at Olympic Park at 9:30 there were already a hundred or more people there. Collingwood had planned this session well; there was a food van selling chips and burgers, a coffee stand and activities for the kids. Staff walked the boundary dispensing posters, Gatorade, M&Ms, Nivea products, water bottles and United Petroleum fuel discount cards.

Tay Adams was first onto the track and Sier was also an early arrival. I decided to keep a close eye on Sier, DeGoey and Moore.

These three did all of the warm ups, but when it came to match simulation, Sier didn't take part. I'd noticed him leave the group a few minutes earlier and talk with a trainer. He then jogged over to the boundary and spoke with another trainer. They then went across to the AAMI side where Sier did stretches and power starts under the watchful eye of the trainer. Sier was heavily bandaged on his left thigh.

Because I kept my eyes on Sier, I missed most of the match simulation, but De Goey was fine, as was Pendles.
Moore and Reid both played. If Moore isn't fit to play then he must have picked up another niggle that they haven't told us about. Both he and Reid trained strongly.

By now Sier had finished his fitness test and was standing on the boundary watching the match play.

Lyndon Dunn looks to have stolen Paul Seedsman's scooter. Did a bit of scooting on the Glasshouse side.

Eddie arrived at about 10:45 and walked the boundary revving up the crowd. Stopped to chat and have selfies with men, women, children and even dogs! Eddie quipped that he was taking the Collingwood clad Boxer over to Punt Rd to set it upon Dustin Martin.

When a bloke hugged him tight in a picture op, Eddie said, "Do you fancy me mate? No worries, we all voted yes around here!" Very quick is our Eddie!

At about 11:20 most of the players headed off the track. Again, there were no photo opp's or chats.

The extended squad of Appleby, Brown 1&2, Lynch, Daicos, Crocker, Oxley and MOORE did handball drills on the Glasshouse side. That seems to have decided it for me; Moore is not going to play. If there is to be a new KPP named, it will be Reid.
I'd reckon they will keep the squad as is for the second week running. Sier plays from what I saw.
Eddie & Boxer.jpg

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks Apples
Another great report.

Let’s agree to have you do another report NEXT week :)

I like the idea the rest of the players are in the bigger squad.

If memory serves in 1990 we went with a 26 man squad (was only 20 in a team then plus 3 Emergencies and they had 3 more train in that squad).

I prefer everyone gets involved if fit etc.

Assuming no changes that will be the 22 pretty much if we win Friday night.

Only can see one more tall added if deemed required and likely Reid now over Moore.

I’m picking 4 emergencies to be as last week:

Reid, Madgen, Brown C, Daicos.

Training Report: Thursday 19th Sept - Pre-Collingwood V Richmond
Sunny but cold 12C

Happy to answer any questions.
Apples, great report as usual. Love your work.
A couple of questions - the forgotten POP (Prince of Perth). Has he been sighted anywhere? Or has he unofficially left the building?

And, did Reid train with the forwards? i'm thinking with Sier doubtful, De Goey to spend more time in the midfield in Siers position, and Reid comes in the forward line to replace DeGoey there.
Thoughts?

Folks if we now assume basic no more changes this week and four emergencies are:

Reid, Madgen, Brown C, Daicos

Makes me think say we win Friday night, who besides the four listed is remotely possible as an inclusion if required for the Big Dance.

Obviously only Moore for me.

Anyone else?

If we listed the leftover players, not injured their level of likelihood?

The plausible but unlikely chances?

Reid, Moore, Madgen, Brown C, Daicos.

The very very very unlikely:

Appleby, Murphy, Oxley, Crocker, Blair.

The just not going to happen:

Fasolo, McLarty, Wills, Smith.

Not even in discussion for the not happening as not at all ready this year:

Brown T, Lynch

Is POP Daniel Wells? He hasn't been sighted for weeks.
Reid trained with the defenders from the brief action I saw. Sier isn't 100% but I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. If no Sier then I would agree that that leaves things open for Reid.

Prince of Perth is Fasolo, he’s kind of become the invisible man.

Is POP Daniel Wells? He hasn't been sighted for weeks.
Reid trained with the defenders from the brief action I saw. Sier isn't 100% but I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. If no Sier then I would agree that that leaves things open for Reid.
POP is The Fas, The Prince Of Perth.

Just hopped online and scored a couple of tickets to the MC Arena for Friday night. Might as well be there as at home screaming at the TV.
I'll need to schedule a Mozart Piano Concerto on 103.5FM at 6:30pm which will allow me to race to Vic Park station to get there on time. Good ol' Wolfie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen Faz for a few weeks now. Maybe I just missed him. Did anybody else spot him?
I was looking too

Couldn't find him

Felt the ball movement was sharp and the boys seemed to enjoy training

Good vibe
Your thoughts

They all looked pretty switched on I thought, but so they should be. They had a great crowd supporting them and for most of these blokes, their first Prelim. It's what they have dreamed of.
Reid looked good to me, but then again, I think he has been ready for 3 weeks now.
If we progress this week, then one of Reid or Moore will be needed, regardless of whether it's West Coast or Melbourne.

I was at the Mitre Tavern having beers on the Friday night before the Qualifying final and Fas was there with a couple of mates (non footballers) having a few beers. He seemed in good spirits but I assumed from the Friday night drinking that he was probably done for the year.

Please, for the love of God, stop reading into social media r.e selection.

Sam Gastin, or another club media lacky on minimum wage, is running the account.

These kids know the main talking points and what will create drama and clicks.

If you think Buckley, Walsh or any one else in a decision-making position at the club is going to ******* pull Sam Gastin aside and say:

"Listen mate, here's a huge secret I want you to spill cryptically on Twitter for me."

You need your bloody head read.
Why did Bucks tell you to post this?

I don't have twitter...….please explain?
Oh he's a Collingwood supporter who pops up commenting on every tweet the club, players and AFL journos put out. He acts like he's in tight with the players even though they ignore every tweet. He messages AFL journos asking them if they're at Collingwood training like they're doing him a massive favour by being there.

He claims he's the go-to source on all things Collingwood but he literally copies and pastes info verbatim that other users tweet without sourcing the information. This morning he literally reposted info and pics that Apples was putting up. On Twitter you can retweet info, which is basically sharing stuff direct from the original user. He doesn't do that, he just plagiarises.

I don't have twitter...….please explain?

Oh he's a Collingwood supporter who pops up commenting on every tweet the club, players and AFL journos put out. He acts like he's in tight with the players even though they ignore every tweet. He messages AFL journos asking them if they're at Collingwood training like they're doing him a massive favour by being there.

He claims he's the go-to source on all things Collingwood but he literally copies and pastes info verbatim that other users tweet without sourcing the information. This morning he literally reposted info and pics that Apples was putting up. On Twitter you can retweet info, which is basically sharing stuff direct from the original user. He doesn't do that, he just plagiarises.

lol you're a s**t head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back