Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

Since coming back into the test team (against England in 2017) Paine has averaged 30.45; from 38 innings, he's made 1008 runs and been dismissed 33 times.

I get that people want him dropped for whatever reason, but let's keep it to the truth, thanks.
Amazing that is the same 30.45 over entire career.
Serves me right I was going from commentators on 7. Should have researched my self

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re-read what I said. It was a bee’s d*ck within that parameter. I know it wasn’t umpire’s call. Literally a millimetre to the leg side and it would have been
yes, a millimetre or two and it would have been "umpire's call" but that's because they have to draw the line between "overturn" and "stay with the umpire" at some point... then if it'd been a millimetre or two inside the "umpire's call" region then people would be going the other way and you could say "a millimetre the other way and the decision would be overturned if they had've reviewed".

Captains should take the width of "umpire's call" into account and always review if they're confident it'll be "umpire's call" in the potential that it's close enough to be 3 reds and you don't lose a review on the off-chance. It doesn't seem like captains take it into account and only really go for the review if they think it's likely to be 3 reds.

HUGE!!!

I think he will review that.

yes, but I'm not sure how it's relevant?
Because then you know the difference between a howler, ie a law error or something that if you had your time over you should have done differently and an interpretation issue where you are happy with how you handled the grey area

Same as a fieldsman dropping a dolly straght to him is worse than a diving one hander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love you Umpire's Call at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back