Australian Open 2016 - Day 11

Remove this Banner Ad

If Novak wins the French, and yes that is a big IF, as it is the one Slam where Rafa will feel right at home. However if he does, we could be in for something seriously special over the next 2 years. Novak has a real opportunity to get up to 15-16 Slams. After that who knows, but that only takes him to 30. He will still add a couple after that if he is good enough. I don't rate the next era of players that highly.

Exactly. Novak will have relative easy street for the tail end of his career like Federer did with the start of his.

Nadal and the FO - forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Novak will have relative easy street for the tail end of his career like Federer did with the start of his.

Nadal and the FO - forget about it.

True, just that there aren't many clay courters. Won't shock me is we have some mug finalist at the French to take on Novak, just have no idea who that might be, maybe a Tsonga or someone like that. Nadal will give the French a crack though, was unlucky to draw Novak last year.

Raonic will cause the big 4 + Wawrinka some serious problems from here on out.

Very interested to see whether he can take that next step and really challenge Murray and Novak. That is his big test. Even though I can't stand him much, he has improved his all round game, and is LESS of a genuine serve bot.

Djokovic has had to contend with the rest of the big 4 for the entirety of this career. Fed played Sampras twice and maybe Agassi a few times as they were on their way out.

People say Djokovic won't be anywhere at Feds age which I think is a little foolish to presume- he's one of the fittest athletes on the planet ever and even better placed to last longer than any of the others. He has supreme flexibility and no history of any real injuries. Fed carried a dodgy back most of his career. Same for Murray. Nadal had his knee. Relatively speaking Djokovic is a Rolls Royce. It's scary how good he can actually become. Look out GOAT.

Definitely no disputing that Djokovic is capable of matching or beating Federer in terms of numbers.

But there's something about the tennis, and most agree, which sets Federer a little bit apart.

all this talk of Novak winning grand slams titles left right and centre is a bit premature. dont get me wrong, he deserves to be favorite for the titles upcoming. but this is sport and it can be wildly unpredictable.

but in this era of big four tennis, i think we all forget that winning a grandslam title takes an awful lot of luck and consistency. Novak cant have a bad game like his one against Simon and always get away with it. He cant pick up an injury, nor can he not be 100% in the later stages. i think that will be a problem later this year due to the Olympics crowding the schedule a bit more.

The Australian Open is Novaks best surface. he will find it harder on the other tournaments during the year. He also hasnt won the french yet and you can never discount the GOAT on Clay at Roland Garros. or that anomaly which happened last year..Federers reduced schedule could work for him in Wimbledon and my concerns about the amount of tennis by the US Open have been stated above. the year after, who knows if the next generation is ready to challenge.

There is a reason why no one, women or man, has done a grand slam since the 80's.

all this talk of Novak winning grand slams titles left right and centre is a bit premature. dont get me wrong, he deserves to be favorite for the titles upcoming. but this is sport and it can be wildly unpredictable.

So much this. Nadal looked like he was going to equal or pass Federer's slam count a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back