Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Rublev vs Rune/ADM vs Novak

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s ok we can’t be the best in the world at everything. Let’s just be mediocre at tennis.

USA is what? 15 times our population? Ergo they are almost always gonna have many times the number of top athletes in every sport that we have.

Athletics, Soccer, Basketball, pretty much everything - even swimming or surfing

The only sports where Australia is a contender are the ones most of the world don't play or care about - eg rugby, cricket, netball.

Last edited:
I'd love Novak alot more if he lost his desperation to be liked by the public.

Watching that interview and seeing him put on a smile and act all diplomatic with the elephant in the room from last year, I just wish he'd go full heel and tell the crowd to * off. They hated his guts last year and now they sit there clapping and cheering him on.

Djokovic will probably get 30 plus Slams. He also could of had extra 3 more (2020 Wimbledon cancelled, 2020 us open DQed, 2022 Australia Open got deported). Hard to see anyone stop him get 2 Slams a year at minimum

USA is what? 15 times our population? Ergo they are almost always gonna have many times the number of top athletes in every sport that we have.

Athletics, Soccer, Basketball, pretty much everything - even swimming or surfing

The only sports where Australia is a contender are the ones most of the world don't play or care about - eg rugby, cricket, netball.
Cricket 2nd most popular sport, field hockey 4th most popular sport we dominated

What’s truly underrated for sports culture in USA is their collegiate system. They train play and compete specially in their sport. Moneybags over there. Ben Shelton just won the NCAA Championship

There’s nothing like that here. Need to be a reinvigoration of the AIS and develop tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is fantastic that she is staying and I hope she gets to do a few things around Melbourne. I'm sure she is watching the tennis as well.

Yeah it’s nice for her to relax she’s had a fairly long preparation. Deserves a small break leading into the clay season which for her is long and she’s defending a lot of points

Speaking about the camerman. They don't get it that when a player signs the camera they need to turn it around so we can read it.
Also I don't think Niculescu's game is funny I think her game is ok.
Who is the female with Alex? I know she is part of the Australian team not sure of her role.

Speaking about the camerman. They don't get it that when a player signs the camera they need to turn it around so we can read it.
Also I don't think Niculescu's game is funny I think her game is ok.
Who is the female with Alex? I know she is part of the Australian team not sure of her role.

Katie Boulter

British player

They have been together for quite a while

Cricket 2nd most popular sport, field hockey 4th most popular sport we dominated

Just because India is becoming close to the world's most populous nation, it doesn't mean anything that those sports are played by many. When was the last Hockey (ummm not field hockey unless u are a Murrican or Canadian) championship won by China? Or a cricket test won by the USA or Russia.

Most of the world don't care about those games. Tp them. like rugby or lawn bowls, they are the relics of the British Empire.

Back