Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

A taste of what we are about to miss

Why was the Plan B game plan not our intention from the start?

Looked way better then what we dished up in the first half and Marsh

We would have tried to do it , but assuming we just couldn't get it going. There's no way in a 15 minute half time break you can reinvent your plan. We'd be practising this at training all pre season.

Alos our fitness certainly helped, you shouldn't win anything when you're three rotations down. We worked very hard off season and today that showed.

Thanks to the Footy Gods for granting my 1/2 time wish for a game of two halves.

How were the umpires, especially in the last 5-10 minutes, totally ignoring blatantly obvious frees to us, before finally spotting a 50/50 and blowing the pea out of the whistle for "free kick St Kilda" ?

So many positives, Curtis, Cunners, Jy, Goldy, Rhyse, but the biggest bummer for me was Majak had to miss out.

Last edited:
If we had lost this game, a lot of questions would have been asked.
How can we be so flat in the first game of the year ?
How can the saints have so many free players everywhere?
How can our skills be so bad ?
How does Polac miss 10 metres out ?

Important questions that need to be addressed and the finger pointed at several individuals.

But we won, so those questions probably won't get asked now.
But they should...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we saw in the second half is how we want to play, as in that's our game plan. Controlling possession.

Having options ahead and not bombing in the hope someone gets on the end of it.

Will add Zurhaar has copped a bit of flak- we were in a world of pain when it was him and three Sainters he held them up. Game saver.
Is that when that saints dog bumped Z in the ahead??.......play on.....FFS!

Thanks to the Footy Gods for granting my 1/2 time wish for a game of two halves.

How were the umpires, especially in the last 5-10 minutes, totally ignoring blatantly obvious frees to us, before finaly spotting a 50/50 and blowing the pea out of the whistle for "free kick St Kilda" ?

So many positives, Curtis, Cunners, Jy, Goldy, Rhyse, but the biggest bummer for me was Majak had to miss out.
We may get to go to his comeback match though..

RS: I just want to make sure we acknowledge everyone that is doing it is tough. The worlds has changed, Australia has changed. We just need need band together.
RS: We showed a lot of grunt, I was very proud. Our coaching staff and SS guys were fantastic in getting the guys ready to finish the game.
RS: Our kids really stood up. You look at guys like Tarryn, Jy and Curtis, they all gave us a lift.
RS: Cunners showed what a superstar he is. He went forward out of necessity, but he had a great second half after a down first half.
RS: St Kilda were exception early, their pressure numbers were off the scale. We knew we would get an opportunity.
RS: I was very worried about Josh (Walker). I had a chat to him before, he sounds ok, but we won’t take any risks at all with him.
?

I didn't say any of that..

Sucking up to Nick Rhinewort and his famous number 12.
My partner watched the preseason game against Saints and warned me. “They have nicknamed him Winx - has Jack Watts written all over it”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back