BBL Match 25 Brisbane Heat v Sydney Sixers 1845hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the dumbest rule in cricket. So you just jump in the air. Flick it. Jump in the air. Catch. Flick. indefinitely. Absurd rule.
Yeah. As long as your first contact with the ball was when you were grounded in the field of play.

I've been complaining about this law since it was introduced in 2017.

Yes you can. As long as you're first contact with the ball was from a jump from inside the boundary. Once you throw it up you only need to not be grounded beyond the boundary when touching the ball subsequently.

They say Neser completed the catch inside the field of play? He clearly didn't think he had as he threw it up then grabbed it again when over the boundary, then threw it up again & jumped back into play.

I cant see that as a catch?

They say Neser completed the catch inside the field of play? He clearly didn't think he had as he threw it up then grabbed it again when over the boundary, then threw it up again & jumped back into play.

I cant see that as a catch?
Im not sure who they is in this context but he was back in the field of play when he completed the catch though?

As the laws have been written since 2017 that is out. It was applied correctly.

Last edited:
Yeah. As long as your first contact with the ball was when you were grounded in the field of play.

I've been complaining about this law since it was introduced in 2017.
Looks great but it's a bit farcical. I think if you catch it inside the field of play that should be enough, even if you do fall over the rope.

But if you're in the air, seemingly you're not outside it?
You are if you jump from outside the boundary when you first make contact with the ball even if you're in the air in that instance. It's only after your first contact with the ball can you be in the air and not be considered grounded outside it if you jump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure who they is in this context but he was back in the field of play when he completed the catch though?

As the laws have been written since 2017 that is out. It was appied correctly.

His feet contacted the ground, when he grabbed it the 2nd time, when he was over the boundary. Its not as if he threw it up, landed over the line but jumped back to complete the catch.

His feet contacted the ground, when he grabbed it the 2nd time, when he was over the boundary. Its not as if he threw it up, landed over the line but jumped back to complete the catch.
You are correct but as the law has been written since 2017 that is out.

I really don't get why people think a bunch of 'no names' hitting runs is bad for the BBL. Do they want Moises Henriques and Pete Handscomb running around in their 40's? How are these new players supposed to 'make their names'? McSweeney has been probably the most improved player in Australia if someone cared to take notice, Brown has a reputation as one of the cleanest hitters in Australia.

I really don't get why people think a bunch of 'no names' hitting runs is bad for the BBL. Do they want Moises Henriques and Pete Handscomb running around in their 40's? How are these new players supposed to 'make their names'? McSweeney has been probably the most improved player in Australia if someone cared to take notice, Brown has a reputation as one of the cleanest hitters in Australia.
Probably when the BBL was at its best it saw Craig Simmons hit a couple of 100's for Perth in big games

I actually get more enjoyment seeing the new players come through anyway. For the Thunder rather watch Davies than most players and that includes Hales.

Is there anyone saying its a bad thing?

I read a couple of comments saying it's whats wrong with the BBL as household names weren't making the runs.
One of those might have been mine and if so I apologise as I thought it was clear I was taking the piss.

Back