Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dreadful trade by North. Losing your best player over the last 4 years still in his 20s for a mid 30s pick is so bad. May as well have just renegotiated terms with him if this is all you were willing to take

I still can't believe this. J-Cam going for 2 first rounders +, while Ben Brown goes for a second rounder. Amazing bit of business by the Dees.

Enough egg on North faces in this thread to start up a BnB.

Mate, getting Stephenson for the picks they get for Brown is a big win for North Melbourne (I would have thought)

Dees get their man too at a good price. Collingwood are the ones left looking like fools lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dreadful trade by North. Losing your best player over the last 4 years still in his 20s for a mid 30s pick is so bad. May as well have just renegotiated terms with him if this is all you were willing to take

Lets not revise history.

Brown was ******* pitiful in 2020. He is being shipped off mainly for this reason, forget the knee.

Hopefully this is the rocket he needs.

Lets not revise history.

Brown was ******* pitiful in 2020. He is being shipped off mainly for this reason, forget the knee.

Lol 1 poor season where he suffered an injury, hub life affecting people differently and his unborn kid passed away...after kicking 60+ goals the 3 years prior. Sure let's just ship him off for peanuts.

Lets not revise history.

Your player kicks over 60 goals three years in a row for a team that didn't have much success during those periods... Has one bad year in an unprecedented time, was out for majority of the year with a bad knee and you think your club ships him off on the back of ONE bad year?

Lets not revise history.

Or, Ben Brown has a tragedy in his life when losing an unborn child early in the year and was thrown out the door due to 1 poor year.

I'm very happy with the deal, but i'll put the champagne on ice until we confirm that his career at the Dees resembles his 2017-2019 form, and not his 2020 form.

Lol 1 poor season where he suffered an injury, hub life affecting people differently and his unborn kid passed away...after kicking 60+ goals the 3 years prior. Sure let's just ship him off for peanuts.

You don't have to tell me how good he's been.

But prior to every excuse in the book people rolled out for him this year (especially North fans), he was absolutely hopeless.

He got dropped prior to his injury, people very quickly forget.

Before anyone accuses me of sour grapes. This is a comment of mine post a game from early July after the restart:

Pykie said:
Is anyone really surprised that Ben Brown is the 49th ranked forward in the comp this year for turning targeted entries into scoring opportunities?

He's been absolutely hopeless this year and David King is right, some of his performances have been downright soft.

You don't need silver service to compete body on body and take contested marks. If anything he should be taking MORE contested marks with bullshit delivery on top of his head, rather than getting it on the lead out of the goal square.

I can barely think of a single one-on-one he has won in the last 4 matches, with 14-15 targeted entries a game, he's lost what, 50-60 contests in a row?

Lets not revise history.

Lol please. He had half a dozen poor games under trying circumstances after 3-4 years of top level footy. Let's not revise history because of an awful trade

Or, Ben Brown has a tragedy in his life when losing an unborn child early in the year and was thrown out the door due to 1 poor year.

He had the miscarrage before round 10. Where he was dropped for Rnd 10 anyway.

Did he foresee it and play like s**t for the preceding 3 months?

Cats could have had Ben Brown and drafted a few gun kids for what they are giving up for Cameron.
North getting screwed

Back