Recommitted Bobby Hill [requested trade to Essendon but will be held to his contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just say you don't want to trade him and be done with it. Don't act like GWS are getting the short-end of the stick when a second rounder is plenty. No one would pay more than that.

A player drafted in the second round who hasn't really shown much at AFL level in 3 years doesn't increase his value.

No, we're not. You are. You said there would be a plethora of clubs that wanted him here. Four clubs put in the phone call. Two pulled out. These are things that have been reported. Are all of them true? I'm not sure, but I'm trying not to speculate.

Did the timing stink? Yes. Who's to blame? A mix of Hill, Colin Young and Essendon.

I have no interest in arguing semantics with you, but that's what I mean by speculating, you don't have firm evidence that calls were or weren't made in relation to Hill or what other clubs interest levels were/are or would be, especially if this didn't drop half way through the trade period.

I stand by what I said in response to the poster who was decrying that GWS were being cold hearted by not letting Hill go whilst in contract and what I subsequently said in response to you.

Just say you don't want to trade him and be done with it. Don't act like GWS are getting the short-end of the stick when a second rounder is plenty. No one would pay more than that.

A player drafted in the second round who hasn't really shown much at AFL level in 3 years doesn't increase his value.
And yet offering a 4 year deal. Do that allot for so so players?

Get your facts straight. The young fella approached Essendon. This talk of Essendon approaching contracted players (Hill) is factually incorrect. Hill approached Essendon and Essendon went to work. And you also are not privy to what Essendon proposers. The deal will get done and Essendon and player happy. Understand Hawthirn are not filling you with any confidence at all, however getting around the facts always helps.
Another with a short concentration span. Its not a lie if you believe it. And havent we seen plenty of that from your club.

Amazing how Ess stumped up a 4 year deal within 24 hours of someone decalring they wanted to go to Victoria (for family support reasons :oops:,) and then within 12 hours, Essendon. Remind me, what happened with the Dogies bloke last year. Seems pretty consistent from Dodo

This is a thread about Hill. If you would like to add your trade radio wisdom to any of the Hawthorn related threads on Bigfooty, you are welcome.

And yet offering a 4 year deal. Do that allot for so so players?
Again, differing reports on whether it's 2 or 4 years.
Another with a short concentration span. Its not a lie if you believe it. And havent we seen plenty of that from your club.

Amazing how Ess stumped up a 4 year deal within 24 hours of someone decalring they wanted to go to Victoria (for family support reasons :oops:,) and then within 12 hours, Essendon. Remind me, what happened with the Dogies bloke last year. Seems pretty consistent from Dodo

This is a thread about Hill. If you would like to add your trade radio wisdom to any of the Hawthorn related threads on Bigfooty, you are welcome.
Why haven't you responded to mine? Is it because the facts that have been reported in the media don't suit your story?

Gotta laugh at this line which I have seena few times

So, I take it you would be okay with selecting a player in the mid 20s and after investing three years of resources and the wait for the fruit, you would be okay with getting rid of them for a pick in the 30s. It is rubbish and you know it. Otherwise Ess wouldnt be offering him a contract as they are.

Again, differing reports on whether it's 2 or 4 years.

Why haven't you responded to mine? Is it because the facts that have been reported in the media don't suit your story?
the facts you want to believe are facts? No one prizes a contracted player from another club for two years. Especially one that needs support because of a pregnant partner. You are living in lala land in believing this.

the facts you want to believe are facts? No one prizes a contracted player from another club for two years. Especially one that needs support because of a pregnant partner. You are living in lala land in believing this.

What if, wait for it, the player wanted to leave? All the reporting has consistently been around Hill initiating discussions, not the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if, wait for it, the player wanted to leave? All the reporting has consistently been around Hill initiating discussions, not the other way around.
He was so desperate that he forgot to tell the club he wanted out till the Friday after trade week had started after already advising the media…… Hmmmm sounds like a contract offer might if had something to do with it.

I know right, bang smack in the middle of trade week. I mean that happens all the time.

Do you have any sources that support your version of events?

Every single media report has him as initiating contact with Essendon after the GF. Keeping in mind it's reported that GWS said they wouldn't negotiate an extension until he returned from summer holidays, so they left the door ajar.

No, the facts that have been reported by the media.

I'm living in lala land? Your entire arguement is that:

1. Essendon approached Hill, something only you have said.
2. Essenon started by offering a 4th round pick, something else literally only you have said
3. That Essendon has tabled a 4 year offer. Which has been reported, but there are other reports.

You're choosing one thing, literally the only thing that has been contested in the media, as the only fact. Are you seriously arrogant enough to believe that the narrative in your head is correct?

2nd rounder is very fair for Hill.
If we don't get him, no big deal for Essendon.

So, I take it you would be okay with selecting a player in the mid 20s and after investing three years of resources and the wait for the fruit, you would be okay with getting rid of them for a pick in the 30s. It is rubbish and you know it. Otherwise Ess wouldnt be offering him a contract as they are.
Funny a Hawks supporters saying this after no club wanted to trade with Hawks for years of 'developing' Wingard, Mitchell, Gunston.

How they acquired the 2nd rounder they used to take him isn't especially relevant to his value IMO. He was taken in the 2nd round. He hasn't done anything to suggest he's improved on that draft position. Essendon are allegedly offering an F2, or close enough to where he was taken.

If he was out of contract, he wouldn't be worth an F2.

I think his acquisition cost is relevant. He cost them two second rounders to acquire.

Do you have any sources that support your version of events?

Every single media report has him as initiating contact with Essendon after the GF. Keeping in mind it's reported that GWS said they wouldn't negotiate an extension until he returned from summer holidays, so they left the door ajar.
What's that got to do with my answer to what you said. You are a funny lot. I will also remind you there are many Ess supporter media staff and not as many GWS ones to counter the spin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back