Recommitted Bobby Hill [requested trade to Essendon but will be held to his contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole saga is a typical Dodo tyre kicking exercise for a contracted player that we have seen before, and then not wanting to pay up despite offering a 4 year contract. If you are going to unsettle a player from their exisitinf contract and club, then have the decency to get the trade done and pay a little over if you have to. Otherwise, stop with the tyre kicking, coz everyone club can do that.

This whole saga is a typical Dodo tyre kicking exercise for a contracted player that we have seen before, and then not wanting to pay up despite offering a 4 year contract. If you are going to unsettle a player from their exisitinf contract and club, then have the decency to get the trade done and pay a little over if you have to. Otherwise, stop with the tyre kicking, coz everyone club can do that.

What's a fair price if a F2 isn't?

Trying to figure how the list will look after the draft. So far Gardner, Roarke & Sweet offered 2 year deals. Sweet must be going on the main list as he was rookied in 2018. Roarke I'm not sure since he was re-rookied last year and Gardner was picked up in 2019 so has 2yrs he can be a rookie. There is currently 3 open spots and Martin & Wallis yet to be re-signed so they can be offered rookie spots if possible or re-drafted/DFA.
The new rules mean you can keep them on an extra year. Though not sure why you posted it here.

Imagine keeping the young lad away from his pregnant partner, GWS need to help him get his wish.

Awful take.

If that is Hill's only or main reason for wanting to be traded in contract, then he wouldn't have nominated 1 club when there is a plethora of clubs in Vic that would have him and have the currency to make it palatable for GWS. He signed the contract. Of course situations change and you can speak with your employer about finding a resolution that suits both parties, but demanding one outcome isn't and shouldn't be likely to garner great results.

Awful take.

If that is Hill's only or main reason for wanting to be traded in contract, then he wouldn't have nominated 1 club when there is a plethora of clubs in Vic that would have him and have the currency to make it palatable for GWS. He signed the contract. Of course situations change and you can speak with your employer about finding a resolution that suits both parties, but demanding one outcome isn't and shouldn't be likely to garner great results.
Are there? Only three others picked up the phone and two of them then passed. So by a plethora of others, you mean Collingwood.

Dont know or care to be honest but all you Ess folk started out at 4th rounders, which is probably where Dodo started. If you wanted him and offered a 4 year conract, perhaps tabling a realistic offer from the outset would have created some legitimate goodwill after previous dealings. Because he didnt, the GWS have every right to make Ess overpay now which it seems they are trying to do. Under the circumstances, realistically even Ess future 2nd at 30+ is slight short imo

If you want to entice contracted players from other clubs, they come with a slight premium, ie not a cheap deal that Dodo can fist pump about.

Oh you don't care aye, ok.

Dont know or care to be honest but all you Ess folk started out at 4th rounders, which is probably where Dodo started. If you wanted him and offered a 4 year conract, perhaps tabling a realistic offer from the outset would have created some legitimate goodwill after previous dealings. Because he didnt, the GWS have every right to make Ess overpay now which it seems they are trying to do. Under the circumstances, realistically even Ess future 2nd at 30+ is slight short imo

If you want to entice contracted players from other clubs, they come with a slight premium, ie not a cheap deal that Dodo can fist pump about.
So many incorrect in this post.

1. Some sources say 4 years, others say 2 years. You've obviously ignored the latter because it doesn't suit your argument.
2. Essendon started by offering our two third round picks this year, not the "4th round pick" you want it to be.
3. Hill approached Essendon about coming onto the list, not the other way around

So in essence you're making up stuff so you can say Dodoro is hard to deal with, rather than reading the facts and drawing conclusions from them.

GWS haven’t accepted the 2022 2nd rounder. That is Essendon’s offer. Hill is contracted and GWS want to keep him. They are in the prime position

Add that GWS are on record as being pissed off at Essendon’s unwillingness to negotiate in good faith with the Caldwell trade last year.

Quite feasible they ask for more or the trade doesn’t go through. It will only go through if suitable to GWS. Past relationships/deals often come back to bite you..

Giving a f2 is way overs but somehow this is Essendons fault in your opinion 🙄

If I were McCartney I would take that deal and run and even if they do keep Hill he will most likely leave at the end of next year and they will get even less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reported offer that was made was the future 2nd. Everything else is heresay.

The only reported offer that was made was the future 2nd.
Nah we started with 51 and 56. Then we went future second with something back. Now it's future 2nd alone.

Sadly this is a typical Essendon “have to win every deal” mentality. Sometimes you have to pay overs to get talent on your list. Particularly the niche electric small forward player. Maybe the club is still gunshy after the Shiel trade disaster.

Your loss if you don’t get him. This kid could be anything. Collingwood would be mad not to make a play for him.

we upped offer from a 3rd to a 2nd how is that Essendon trying to win every trade?

most people think our 2nd is overs

Are there? Only three others picked up the phone and two of them then passed. So by a plethora of others, you mean Collingwood.

We are all speculating, but I'd suggest there wouldn't be a lot of clubs who would waste their time formulating a deal for a player who has said he wants to play elsewhere only, this late in the piece. Essendon have reportedly been speaking to Hill since the GF, so they've also had time up their sleeve to do the due diligence on him as a player. Other clubs haven't been afforded that time given he was in contract and it wasn't known to anyone except Hill's camp and the Bombers that he wanted a move.

If Hill hadn't strictly nominated Essendon, I'd bet good money several clubs would be putting deals to GWS. Whether they are accepted or not is probably another story, but the point remains.

It's also fair enough to be critical of the timing of this I reckon, stinks a bit to me.

So many incorrect in this post.

1. Some sources say 4 years, others say 2 years. You've obviously ignored the latter because it doesn't suit your argument.
2. Essendon started by offering our two third round picks this year, not the "4th round pick" you want it to be.
3. Hill approached Essendon about coming onto the list, not the other way around

So in essence you're making up stuff so you can say Dodoro is hard to deal with, rather than reading the facts and drawing conclusions from them.
what a load a rubbish, what you have been reading on the Ess board is not fact. Far from it. Carry on

Get your facts straight. The young fella approached Essendon. This talk of Essendon approaching contracted players (Hill) is factually incorrect. Hill approached Essendon and Essendon went to work. And you also are not privy to what Essendon proposers. The deal will get done and Essendon and player happy. Understand Hawthirn are not filling you with any confidence at all, however getting around the facts always helps.

We are all speculating, but I'd suggest there wouldn't be a lot of clubs who would waste their time formulating a deal for a player who has said he wants to play elsewhere only, this late in the piece. Essendon have reportedly been speaking to Hill since the GF, so they've also had time up their sleeve to do the due diligence on him as a player. Other clubs haven't been afforded that time given he was in contract and it wasn't known to anyone except Hill's camp and the Bombers that he wanted a move.

If Hill hadn't strictly nominated Essendon, I'd bet good money several clubs would be putting deals to GWS. Whether they are accepted or not is probably another story, but the point remains.

It's also fair enough to be critical of the timing of this I reckon, stinks a bit to me.
No, we're not. You are. You said there would be a plethora of clubs that wanted him here. Four clubs put in the phone call. Two pulled out. These are things that have been reported. Are all of them true? I'm not sure, but I'm trying not to speculate.

Did the timing stink? Yes. Who's to blame? A mix of Hill, Colin Young and Essendon.
what a load a rubbish, what you have been reading on the Ess board is not fact. Far from it. Carry on
What you're saying isn't fact. You clearly have an agenda and are twisting the facts to suit it, not the other way around.

All of the stuff I've said have been reported in the media. The only thing you've posted that has been reported in the media was the 4 year deal, of which there are conflicting reports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back