Traded Brandon Ryan [Traded to Brisbane in Swap of Gunston and picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You are driving a hard bargain but we half heartedly give you Lane.

**** JasRulz63 start the frigging car right nowwww !!!!

dave chappelle GIF

Don't say that TD, it's a horrible deal.
Exactly. An A grader like Gunners and a second rounder for a list- clogger is insane. AFL need to step in and investigate this disproportionate deal. Brisbane are being bent over here something shocking.

This better not happen. Ryan has some serious X factor and the thing that we lack to be premiership contenders is a big marking target to complement Lewis.
Hawthorn just can’t afford to give up big, tall, marking targets

This better not happen. Ryan has some serious X factor and the thing that we lack to be premiership contenders is a big marking target to complement Lewis.
Hawthorn just can’t afford to give up big, tall, marking targets
Then Hawks should have given him a 3 year deal? I think Hawks move out of the way with this one and let him leave. Deal of

Ginnivan + Gunston to Hawthorn
F2nd from Brisbane to Collingwood
Ryan to Brisbane

Seems about right

Then Hawks should have given him a 3 year deal? I think Hawks move out of the way with this one and let him leave. Deal of

Ryan to Brisbane

Seems about right

There's talk we're trying to get Bris F1, while giving them a F2 or F3 (they don't need the F1 as they're bidding on Ashcroft).

Ryan to Brisbane

Seems about right
They probably didn’t realise that there was interest in him. If they knew that, Hawthorn would have offered longer, and Ryan wouldn’t of signed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably didn’t realise that there was interest in him. If they knew that, Hawthorn would have offered longer, and Ryan wouldn’t of signed it.
Maybe but in this situation I think the right thing to do is to either trade him or extend him. Given his career journey and need for that certainty because of it, it seems like the right thing to do

There's talk we're trying to get Bris F1, while giving them a F2 or F3 (they don't need the F1 as they're bidding on Ashcroft).

I'm not keen to trade out a F1 (even if its just sliding F1 to F2) given that the AFL has signalled they are going to review draft bidding rules after this season. Could potentially create an issue if they remove the bidding discount or amend the rules otherwise and we are left without a first round pick.

We'll be trading F1 once the rules become clear.
It doesn't make sense to get out of first round yet.

You may be trying but it needs to be something stronger than just a F2. However with the AFL reviewing the F/S/academy bidding system it may not work out well for Brisbane, trading out of a F1.
I think we will hold that one for next years trading. Unless Hawks offer a Godfather deal now.

You may be trying but it needs to be something stronger than just a F2. However with the AFL reviewing the F/S/academy bidding system it may not work out well for Brisbane, trading out of a F1.
I think we will hold that one for next years trading. Unless Hawks offer a Godfather deal now.

Hear what you're saying - but if you use this year as a reference, Bris 1st for Hawthorn 2nd works out to be worth pick 52 in value, which is essentially an early 3rd for Ryan.

Why would we want to do this vs just getting a F2 from you which is worth more - because the more 1sts we have to play with, the easier to trade.

Totally get your point about the system changing tho.

Hear what you're saying - but if you use this year as a reference, Bris 1st for Hawthorn 2nd works out to be worth pick 52 in value, which is essentially an early 3rd for Ryan.

Why would we want to do this vs just getting a F2 from you which is worth more - because the more 1sts we have to play with, the easier to trade.

Always a possibility of Brisbane having a post GF collapse and Hawks having an improved season. After all you have the wood over us. Got to have some insurance for that possibility when trading out F1 rounders.

Our f1s value is as low as it can get right now. I get that brayden wants out of Hawthorn but we can’t save everyone.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back