News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t play most of that first year.
But even so - 700?
That was the number listed in the press - which may not be accurate, but it's probably close.

Getting interstate draftees to extend their contracts on the Gold Coast is expensive.

That wage is a big reason for Rankine. Gold Coast cap is straining and they want to bring in experienced players. Potentially they might be desperate sellers this offseason depending on how bad Rankines 2022 contract is. Certainly worth exploring, especially for a talent like Rankine.

Good guy Adelaide swooping in to save Gold Coast from themselves.

Attachments

• 1630483421571.gif
    1630483421571.gif
    679.3 KB · Views: 76
Maybe he turns it on next year and the price goes up…
Maybe there is an event/meeting in the next 12 months that convinces him to stay on the GC...

If there is any chance of snagging Rankine…have a red hot go
He is a coaster. Could flick it on with a switch in his age, but has realised there’s some older types that won’t give you any quarter. Shouldn’t be considered on work rate alone. We want Keays like workers who don’t have the skill, he admittedly wishes he does, but work, god damn hard toil, gets him top five best players the last two years.

Could we trade Keays, who is at maximum value right now, as a straight swap for Rankine? He is a Queenslander after all.

Keays you know what you’re going to get and Gold Coast have all the talent in the world to replace Rankine. The Crows are lacking that x-factor that Rankine could provide.

Maybe the Crows have more to lose in this trade, but perhaps more to gain as well.

PS. I am a fan of Keays, but we could probably break even by resigning Matt Crouch.

Cannot trade a heart and soul guy like Keays, especially with how he came and developed at the club, he's helps set standards at the club.

I would never trade a guy who turns up at a high level every week for a guy who is barely best 22 in his 3rd year, regardless of talent. Sure Rankine is far more talented but he was disgraceful this year.

Cannot trade a heart and soul guy like Keays, especially with how he came and developed at the club, he's helps set standards at the club.

I would never trade a guy who turns up at a high level every week for a guy who is barely best 22 in his 3rd year, regardless of talent. Sure Rankine is far more talented but he was disgraceful this year.
i would trade keays for rankine every day of the week and twice on sundays..

we have plenty of try hard but limited skilled players.. so keays is easily replaced. we need to offload a couple of the keays types and replace them with highly skilled players with xfactor. and we also desperately need a small forward.

the only mid we should be playing in the middle next year out of keays, sloane and laird is laird.

we have plenty of try hard but limited skilled players.. so keays is easily replaced. we need to offload a couple of the keays types and replace them with highly skilled players with xfactor. and we also desperately need a small forward.

the only mid we should be playing in the middle next year out of keays, sloane and laird is laird.

Rankine is not that guy right now. We're trading in a proven performer for a guy who might be good after going backwards in development. Trading proven, hard working characters such as Greenwood and Keith went really well for us. Regardless we will make offers for Rankine next year.

Jack Martin was a generational talent and he's just a best 22 player. Carlton traded in players who didnt have proven performance and their list is shot now because they have 4 highly talented B-C graders who are injury prone on 800k.

You’re just gonna get a coaster checking real estate.com. And terf an admittedly under skill that drives standards. What a bollocks move. Reid like.

If that was seriously the proposition, ie Keays for Rankine, and assuming both wanted to go, because it's pointless to consider it they don't, then id guarantee every AFL team would do that trade.

Unfortunately, that trade will never be proposed as GC would want much more.

If that was seriously the proposition, ie Keays for Rankine, and assuming both wanted to go, because it's pointless to consider it they don't, then id guarantee every AFL team would do that trade.

Unfortunately, that trade will never be proposed as GC would want much more.
I wouldn't be too sure that Nicks/Adelaide would be as keen as you think.

Nicks particularly seems to rate what Keays brings off field as much as what he delivers on field.

You don't think if Keays wanted to go to GC and Rankine to Adelaide that they wouldn't immediately pull the trigger?

If not, then that is a problem.
Why exactly would Keays want to go to the Suns with the love and opportunity Adelaide have given him, I think you very much underestimate the light he is seen in by Crows the coaches and staff.

Why exactly would Keays want to go to the Suns with the love and opportunity Adelaide have given him, I think you very much underestimate the light he is seen in by Crows the coaches and staff.
I never said he would and I'm not underestimatimg anything.

If you read my original comment properly, it's prefaced by saying if both wanted to go in the respective directions.

If that was hypothetically the case, then you would be crazy not to pull that trigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said he would and I'm not underestimatimg anything.

If you read my original comment properly, it's prefaced by saying if both wanted to go in the respective directions.

If that was hypothetically the case, then you would be crazy not to pull that trigger.
It’s a bit of a soft sell though. Like a Jarryd Lyons sell. You want to make that mistake twice?

I cannot see how it's in any way comparable to Jarryd Lyons.

Are you suggesting Keays is like Lyons?
Yep, get rid of someone that’s gonna set you on the right path. Jarryd was the sub guy and got traded off for a crap money offer. We wanted two Crouches. When he played for us his inside short target work was fantastic.
Get rid of Keayes now and you are doing the same thing. Ruining short target movement out of stoppage.
Yes, he doesn’t have the same level of skill, but that is beside the point.

Similar impact for the Crows as Lyons at Brisbane...Yes
And what does that have to do with what I was saying?

If Jarryd lyons wanted to go to gold coast and Rankine to Brisbane i similarly guarantee they would pull the trigger.

I think you guys are strangely thinking I'm having a shot at Keays or suggesting we should get rid of him if he wants to stay, or suggesting he's not been good for Adelaide. Weird.

To be clear, that's not what I'm saying.

And what does that have to do with what I was saying?

If Jarryd lyons wanted to go to gold coast and Rankine to Brisbane i similarly guarantee they would pull the trigger.

I think you guys are strangely thinking I'm having a shot at Keays or suggesting we should get rid of him if he wants to stay, or suggesting he's not been good for Adelaide. Weird.

To be clear, that's not what I'm saying.
Then we'll agree to disagree Keays is 24, Lyons is 29.

Rankine 3 years in to his AFL career and is spinning his wheels still in "potential" mode.

Then we'll agree to disagree Keays is 24, Lyons is 29.

Rankine 3 years in to his AFL career and is spinning his wheels still in "potential" mode.
I don't even know what we're agreeing to disagree about.

I think you are talking about something completely different.

Mine was simple.

If Keays wanted to go to Gold Coast and Rankine wanted to come to Adelaide, I say that's an automatic trade.

I'm not saying Keays or the AFC wants to trade Keays.

I do believe every AFL club would do that trade in that circumstance.

If that is what you are disagreeing to, then fine.

If you are thinking I'm suggesting trading Keays, then we are talking about different things.

it wouldnt be the same mistake twice. jarryd lyons runs circles around keays.
See, you have the same mistaken thought on ability comparisons. It’s not about that. At all. It’s about poor list management which continues to be poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back