News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very interesting conversation today with a dual crows premiership player close to Burns made special comment on the smallness of the crows midfield.
Unlike most here it's fair to say the club or at least one coach recognises it as a serious issue that needs rectifying
Neil Erasmus 188cm, would be right in the thinking, you'd think.

Two key areas clangers and turnovers.
Momentum killers that cost games.

One area our midfield excels at and needs the greatest change. If it was only Keays wouldn't be so bad but we have a few maestro's

Yeah, look at these lists… momentum killers indeed.

f2c9371bcb3e57925fc149804e7b0e5d.jpg

206d71004231de425fd9720a974f68a4.jpg

Last edited:

Interesting indeed. It seems clangers and turnovers are an unfortunate part of being a high possession mid.
Of greater interest is seeing Seed and Smith on the second list. Their perpetual long kicking might need some coaching input? I can't help but feel that "metres gained" is an overrated statistic.
Rich is also on this list which is surprising as he is a beautiful kick. However, I feel he seeks out far more attacking options than our guys.

A very interesting conversation today with a dual crows premiership player close to Burns made special comment on the smallness of the crows midfield.
Unlike most here it's fair to say the club or at least one coach recognises it as a serious issue that needs rectifying
I think the entire coaching group would understand this

Burns could be relaying the collective thoughts of the group

Throughout Fog's trial in the centre bounces Nicks has mentioned that we lack that big body mid at the centre clearances, and last week said we need to add size, power and speed to our midfield

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

4 players in the top 24 for turnovers is a massive over representation.
The logical average is 1.33.

Top 4 sides have the following.
Melbourne have 2
Power 1
Brisbane 2
Geelong 0

The other fact is our mids aren't taking anyway as damaging options with their disposals compared to the Petraccas etc.

You don't have to be blind Freddy to see the impacts it has during games.

Apology accepted

Interesting indeed. It seems clangers and turnovers are an unfortunate part of being a high possession mid.
Of greater interest is seeing Seed and Smith on the second list. Their perpetual long kicking might need some coaching input? I can't help but feel that "metres gained" is an overrated statistic.
Rich is also on this list which is surprising as he is a beautiful kick. However, I feel he seeks out far more attacking options than our guys.

Players like Smith and Seedman would be under instruction to be bold with their kicks. High risk, high reward. Players like Talia and Kelly on the other hand would be told to kick short for low risk. This warps efficiency stats to almost inverse correlation to kicking ability.

There is no suggestion or evidence that we are in to Parker or Hopper.

Dawson yes, Stephens maybe

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know that most comments are rumours but when you compile a list of the people we are supposedly into you have got to ask yourself how do you make it happen. The people I have mentioned are people I have seen or heard that we are interested in.

For where he was taken in the draft, I'd say yes?

Although, McHendry came 10th in ours and we are lauding his "breakthrough" season.

I'm guessing Ned played almost every game?

exactly, though Ned only played 21 games and his break through year hasn’t been lauded at all.

he’s been much maligned and the subject of very little lust from other teams supporters

no one is suggesting Ned is a must have, hugely desirable or even a certainty to much more than a role player

I wonder if in all this obsession, we’ve forgotten to pay all that much attention?

Jack is not tracking like the superstar some are convinced he is

exactly, though Ned only played 21 games and his break through year hasn’t been lauded at all.

he’s been much maligned and the subject of very little lust from other teams supporters

no one is suggesting Ned is a must have, hugely desirable or even a certainty to much more than a role player

I wonder if in all this obsession, we’ve forgotten to pay all that much attention?

He's been playing a loose, unaccountable, non-intercepting, zero defensive half back role despite being a 195cm tall touted as a key position player.

Fair to say Gold Coast think his role is easy and of low value.

Still massive question marks on whether he is good in high value roles like key forward which is where he was drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned also plays in a more difficult position.

If you were re-doing that draft now, he would be around 7-10 at this stage.

The likes of Walsh, Smith, Kings, Butters all tracking better.

I think that’s right. His size, mobility, hands and disposal skills mean he wouldn’t fall any further, but he wouldn’t go much go any higher either

Rankine wouldn’t be a first rounder.

is it them, or is the development at GC that bad?

I think that’s right. His size, mobility, hands and disposal skills mean he wouldn’t fall any further, but he wouldn’t go much go any higher either

Rankine wouldn’t be a first rounder.

is it them, or is the development at GC that bad?

Good Q.

Who has there been so far from Gold Coast's draft selections that have developed into top players while (still) at GC? Swallow, Lynch, Miller, May, Saad, King, Anderson looking the goods early and Rowell yet to have a clear run from injury.

And how does that compare to the average success of other clubs? Mutineer ?

Good Q.

Who has there been so far from Gold Coast's draft selections that have developed into top players while (still) at GC? Swallow, Lynch, Miller, May, Saad, King, Anderson looking the goods early and Rowell yet to have a clear run from injury.

And how does that compare to the average success of other clubs? Mutineer ?

Wil Powell is turning into a decent player also. Would happily have him on our list.

Anyone else worried by this?

3rd year, played every game (1 of 3 to do so) and only 10th?

View attachment 1227622
As many on twitter have pointed out, it's also strange that ben king didn't make the top 10. Having said that, I think you are right that Luko isn't the messiah he was made out to be. A good player no doubt - but not "Riewoldt with a better kick"

As many on twitter have pointed out, it's also strange that ben king didn't make the top 10. Having said that, I think you are right that Luko isn't the messiah he was made out to be. A good player no doubt - but not "Riewoldt with a better kick"
It's staggering that Ben King didn't make the top 10. I figured they had just put Touk Miller's name at the top of the list then a few random names afterward.

Very few players drafted by them ever amount to much if they stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back