News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very interesting conversation today with a dual crows premiership player close to Burns made special comment on the smallness of the crows midfield.
Unlike most here it's fair to say the club or at least one coach recognises it as a serious issue that needs rectifying
We brought in Hately but hasn't helped so far given his forn & he doesn't properly use his size.

We brought in Hately but hasn't helped so far given his forn & he doesn't properly use his size.
Given the head coach says we need more speed and power through the middle, I reckon it's safe to say they all see it as an issue

Giving Rat five years might be one of, if not the the most baffling FA decision by a club in recent memory
Well.. given what they need to pay for spuds... they have to pay massive just to keep decent players there...

They should just fold... their development will stop players reaching they potential. And any players want long careers should best leave.

Giving Rat five years might be one of, if not the the most baffling FA decision by a club in recent memory
I had assumed that the Crows would delist him, given that he had fallen completely out of favour in 2020. Reckon they could have got him for a year, 2 max as DFA on near minimum wage.

Gold coast should sign Tom Lynch as a free agent, he'll help that young group immensely, and what ever compo we get for him can go to the the Gold coast + our 2nd next year in exchange for Rankine who is on too big a coin for his output and doesn't really want to be there..... Plus the number 18 Crows Guernsey number is available....

People do realise that the $700k everyone thinks Rankine is on, is paid by the AFL and that the Sun pretty much have a bottomless pit as a salary cap. If we get him back to Adelaide it won’t be to free up cap space, because their cap is what ever it costs to keep everyone they want

Gold coast should sign Tom Lynch as a free agent, he'll help that young group immensely, and what ever compo we get for him can go to the the Gold coast + our 2nd next year in exchange for Rankine who is on too big a coin for his output and doesn't really want to be there..... Plus the number 18 Crows Guernsey number is available....

After the debacle surrounding its most recent holder, I don't think we should give the 18 out again until someone proves himself worthy...

Tom is very likely to stay in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More info please
They plan on living here long term, good place to raise their kids etc. I'm not sure he'll leave for anywhere other than back to Victoria. 2nd hand info of course but this person is pretty close to Tom.

The Crows have a have a coaching role in front of him + a more involved AFLW role.

I think he's got a couple of good years of footy left but I wouldn't be surprised.

More info please

I think the Crows have offered him some kind of off-field (coaching?) role if he decided not to continue playing elsewhere? Can't find a link or anything to where I got that impression from, though, so maybe I just read it in a BigFooty post and I am just perpetuating the bullsh*t feedback loop :p

I think the Crows have offered him some kind of off-field (coaching?) role if he decided not to continue playing elsewhere? Can't find a link or anything to where I got that impression from, though, so maybe I just read it in a BigFooty post and I am just perpetuation the bullsh*t feedback loop :p
No you're correct .....the Club has indicated they do have a Coaching gig open to Lynch ....I assume it's the recently vacated role of Brent Reilly

No you're correct .....the Club has indicated they do have a Coaching gig open to Lynch ....I assume it's the recently vacated role of Brent Reilly

He's a fair bit taller than Reilly, though. Seems strange we'd swap a tall for a small, you'd think Mackay would be closer to a like for like replacement. Perhaps we're changing up our coaching / development for 2022 with an eye towards a taller coaching structure? :p

Hey GROTTO can we get a poll?
  1. Luko this year to us
  2. Luko this year to Power
  3. Luko next year to us
  4. Luko next year to Power
  5. Luko to stay at GC beyond 2022
  6. Luko to this year to someone else
  7. Luko next year to someone else
  8. Rankine this year to us
  9. Rankine this year to Power
  10. Rankine next year to us
  11. Rankine next year to Power
  12. Rankine to stay at GC beyond 2022
  13. Rankine to this year to someone else
  14. Rankine next year to someone else
Multiple choice :)

I'll guess 7. and 9.

I think the Crows have offered him some kind of off-field (coaching?) role if he decided not to continue playing elsewhere? Can't find a link or anything to where I got that impression from, though, so maybe I just read it in a BigFooty post and I am just perpetuating the bullsh*t feedback loop :p
Maybe it's chatter to make sure he gets a decent offer elsewhere

People do realise that the $700k everyone thinks Rankine is on, is paid by the AFL and that the Sun pretty much have a bottomless pit as a salary cap. If we get him back to Adelaide it won’t be to free up cap space, because their cap is what ever it costs to keep everyone they want

GC don’t have any big cap concessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back