Traded Cameron McCarthy [traded to Fremantle with picks 7, 33 and 71 for pick 3]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think West Coast will trade more than us for a Key Forward who wants to play for us then you have rocks in your head.

They have more players that have currency that would be of value to GWS at the very least. Picks are of less of a value to GWS now, they wouldn't mind quality role players.

Lot of time between now and trade week though.

Freo's 2nd (#19 or #20) in 2016 I think will get it done. GWS wont be happy but its better than nothing. If they finish higher I can see there 2nd and 3rd.

Freo's 2nd (#19 or #20) in 2016 I think will get it done. GWS wont be happy but its better than nothing. If they finish higher I can see there 2nd and 3rd.

GWS don't need 2nd rounders in 2016, they have a truckload of points already ready for their academy selections. They need first rounders (high ones) or 2017 selections, if they don't get it, then McCarthy can have another season off and GWS won't care much. Freo have to give up something that isn't a packet of used chips.

GWS don't need 2nd rounders in 2016, they have a truckload of points already ready for their academy selections. They need first rounders (high ones) or 2017 selections, if they don't get it, then McCarthy can have another season off and GWS won't care much. Freo have to give up something that isn't a packet of used chips.
Pick 19 is a pretty good get, coming one pick after the premiers. I can't see them playing hard ball for a player just taking up a spot on their list and $$$ from their cap. Plus, I don't think you realise how his low moral if around fellow team members can be detrimental to others.

GWS currently have 3 x 1st rounders and will be fielding offers for players like Tomlinson, Marchbank, Patton, and possibly Whitfield. With the exception of Tomlinson, Cam is lower in value to all of them by a long shot.

GWS are so liquid that they can turn any pick into something they need.

If the points add up, they will be happy with 2016 picks.

They can easily trade high 2016 picks for 2017 picks. Or for lower 2016 picks to increase the points they have for Academy picks.

They have so many prospects this year that they have more value for junk picks than any team in the league. The dockers should be collecting points in trades with other clubs.

Pick 19 is a pretty good get, coming one pick after the premiers. I can't see them playing hard ball for a player just taking up a spot on their list and $$$ from their cap. Plus, I don't think you realise how his low moral if around fellow team members can be detrimental to others.

GWS currently have 3 x 1st rounders and will be fielding offers for players like Tomlinson, Marchbank, Patton, and possibly Whitfield. With the exception of Tomlinson, Cam is lower in value to all of them by a long shot.

Pick 19 in 2016 is useless as it will just be bundled for points. Zero point in doing that from GWS's point of view. Sell Tomlinson and you will get a pick in a similar range. The selection has to be in the early teens as a starting point in 2016, alternatively GWS will ask for 2017 selections which are much more valuable. Perhaps just a swap of firsts or something along those lines. Just can't see GWS wanting a 2016 selection in the 2nd round, it is literally useless to them. Marchbank, Patton and Whitfield won't go. All are best 22 if fit in one of the most promising sides on the up. Tomlinson, maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 19 in 2016 is useless as it will just be bundled for points. Zero point in doing that from GWS's point of view. Sell Tomlinson and you will get a pick in a similar range. The selection has to be in the early teens as a starting point in 2016, alternatively GWS will ask for 2017 selections which are much more valuable. Perhaps just a swap of firsts or something along those lines. Just can't see GWS wanting a 2016 selection in the 2nd round, it is literally useless to them. Marchbank, Patton and Whitfield won't go. All are best 22 if fit in one of the most promising sides on the up. Tomlinson, maybe.
Can't seriously see us trading out Patton or Whitfield.

Which deal.
Some freo fans say none was offered due to us saying no straight up (a bit defeatest unlike the dogs).
Some say 2 1st rounders(mustn't have tried to hard considering they gave iy away on day two to gc).
Theres even some that say a player.

As to which is right? Who knows

At the time what seemed like 2 very late 1st rounders for a contracted fwd who was going great guns (at the time) and was contracted for a further 2 years. We were be screwed.

As for the player? Who knows who or if there was. Having a workman or spud would of been a waste to us

I'll let you in on something hero...

I was talking to Cam the other week as he spends a lot of his time with his boxing trainer that SF has allocated him. He told me that regardless of what conditions gws offer him he will still refuse to head back to them. He went in to say that if they don't stike the deal for bext season then he'll walk to Freo the following year when he is out of contract.

I was talking to Cam the other week as he spends a lot of his time with his boxing trainer that SF has allocated him. He told me that regardless of what conditions gws offer him he will still refuse to head back to them. He went in to say that if they don't stike the deal for bext season then he'll walk to Freo the following year when he is out of contract.
Which doesn't bother me in the slightest either.

Happy to get something worthwhile for him, but of Freo don't stump up, I'm also happy to get nothing for him.

Us getting nothing for him hurts Freo more than it hurts us. 2 years of lost development would set him back a fair distance from other forwards his age.

Ball's in Freo's court.

Nice start chump

Thats nice.

So does he think he will survive long enough in the draft of 2017 to get to freo?
Or are they planning on tanking to get 1st pick?

Oh and if what your saying is true if, Very unprofessional of him.

Doesn't he have to go through the draft when OOC?

Nice start chump

Thats nice.

So does he think he will survive long enough in the draft of 2017 to get to freo?

It will take a very good deal, GWS have stated numerous times that they intend on holding McCarthy to his contract. Nothing I have seen, or heard, suggests any different. Based on that I would think it would take a VERY good deal to prize McCarthy from GWS, at least while he is under contract.

Nice start chump

Thats nice.

Genuine question here, I'm not sure of the answer, but if GWS delist him in 2017 wouldn't Freo be able to sign him as a DFA?

Nice start chump

Thats nice.

I think that's why he will get to Freo.
The whole mess has been very unprofessional and i honestly cant see another club taking a chance on someone like that, not even WCE.
He clearly wants to play for Freo and as our KPP stocks are non existent of course we would take him, but the way he has acted really worries me and im not sure he's the sort of bloke i would want in our squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back