Roast Carlton in no man's land

Remove this Banner Ad

You're correct about this year, but previous years this wasn't the case. Walsh was an absolute jet in 2021, he was okay in 2022. Cripps at his best is one of the best in the comp (hence the Brownlow). Not every team has one or two mids that good, there's barely 5 players in the whole game at his level when firing. But he's inconsistent and fallen off hard this season. McKay is struggling big time right now, but has a Coleman medal and can rip a game apart. Weitering was a key pillar down back for a long time, but since injuring himself last season in the first Collingwood match hasn't gotten back to that level. Last season we had 3.5 out of 5 playing near their best (McKay and Walsh rotated average to good games) had us firmly entrenched in the top four at 8-2.

Cripps was average in 2020. Average in 2021. Excellent in 2022. Average so far in 2023. This suggests 2022 was the exception to his norm.

Walsh should be told he’s a full-time midfielder like Butters and Rozee … no more flank or wing … play midfield and take the game on.

McKay should be traded to enable Carlton to re-balance their list …. they desperately need a medium sized forward (A Fritsch, Elliot, Heeney, Zac Bailey type) and a goal kicking midfielder. McKay would be in high demand and you’d get overs in a trade. McKay has had one excellent season ….. one.

Weitering is out of form but he’s a gun and will come back to his best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3 in 34 rings a better bell...

Let this sink in … Carlton have not made top-4 for 23-years. So not a 23-year Premiership drought. Or a 23-year GF drought. A 23-year PF drought .

To put that into perspective, Richmond’s longest PF drought through the darkest of dark decades of being a laughing stock was 16-years: 2001 to 2017. It was even only 13-years during our ‘tin-rattling’ days (1982 to 1995).

23-years without a PF …. it’s just ridiculously pathetic what has become of this once great football club.

Let this sink in … Carlton have not made top-4 for 23-years. So not a 23-year Premiership drought. Or a 23-year GF drought. A 23-year PF drought .

To put that into perspective, Richmond’s longest PF drought through the darkest of dark decades of being a laughing stock was 16-years: 2001 to 2017. It was even only 13-years during our ‘tin-rattling’ days (1982 to 1995).

23-years without a PF …. it’s just ridiculously pathetic what has become of this once great football club.
It really is an amazing statistic.

Let's say there is an average of 17 teams in the competition over that 23 years.

The probability of a specific team not qualifying for Preliminary Finals over that period is ONE FIFTH OF ONE PERCENT.

o_Oo_Oo_O

It really is an amazing statistic.

Let's say there is an average of 17 teams in the competition over that 23 years.

The probability of a specific team not qualifying for Preliminary Finals over that period is ONE FIFTH OF ONE PERCENT.

o_Oo_Oo_O
If you don't win the GF nobody really cares where you finish. Everyone moves on to the next season

Love your work Fadge

Keep dishing it up to the tripe that have given it far more than they are entitled to.

Top 4 list playing bottom 8 football
Bottom 6 more like it.

Right now, that may just be the second worst team in the competition, given the recent improvement from Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

Never met him personally but I think most Carlton supporters scratched their heads at his appointment. He couldn't remember playing in the 95 grand final because of his CTE in 2013 and it is 2023 now. Unless the role is purely fluff they are asking a lot of him.
Perfect Carlton appointment I would have thought.
Have him deliver cash to players and he would have no recollection of it.

I remember Carlton going after Brad Scott in 2021 and Scott telling them he's not interested.

I wonder why Brad Scott was happy to coach Essendon, but not interested in coaching Carlton?

It's not like Essendon have been known for success and board stability over the last 20 years, either.

Yep. A Grand Final appearance every 3 years on average for the past 60+ years. Very poor indeed.

Be sure to keep watching the remainder of the season in the hope that a club that's not Carlton can stand between Collingwood and a premiership.
I would call only 2 flags in 60+ years as tripe.

Pies are looking good for a flag this year so for all the cocky bragging supporters you wouldn't want them to fail in September like they usually do if the make it that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies are looking good for a flag this year so for all the cocky bragging supporters you wouldn't want them to fail in September like they usually do if the make it that far.
Oh well, good thing for you Carlton won't be running the risk of failing in September.

Yet again.

We‘re in a difficult position , it’s obvious , another political struggle with ensuing turmoil to endure again, hopefully we get it right.
Last significant areas , Management & Football departments need to be address & rectified Asap.
It’s cyclical pain for all clubs, only exasperatingly so for a long established proud football club, we will support our club vehemently no matter what. Go Blues.

Last edited:

You should start a thread about Collingwood in no mans land.

Or any thread about Collingwood, because this thread is about Carlton going no-where fast.

You should start a thread about Collingwood in no mans land.

Or any thread about Collingwood, because this thread is about Carlton going no-where fast.
I actually don't think he realises how pathetic he sounds.

After all the chest beating from the Carlton faithful in the off-season, we haven't even reached June and it's clear that Carlton won't be a factor (again), Collingwood will be a factor (again), and he pulls out the 'You wouldn't want Collingwood to fail in September like they usually do' line...

When Carlton supporters have spent all off-season dreaming about being good enough to 'fail in September'.

I actually don't think he realises how pathetic he sounds.

After all the chest beating from the Carlton faithful in the off-season, we haven't even reached June and it's clear that Carlton won't be a factor (again), Collingwood will be a factor (again), and he pulls out the 'You wouldn't want Collingwood to fail in September like they usually do' line...

When Carlton supporters have spent all off-season dreaming about being good enough to 'fail in September'.
Yep, I remember being told we wouldn't be around if the did ok, seems to have worked the other way, where are they?

Weren't we supposed to come back an appologise?

If you don't win the GF nobody really cares where you finish. Everyone moves on to the next season

That’s true to an extent. But the thing supporters do care about is winning games, with a ‘winning’ season reflected by making finals.

Let’s put it this way… in the last 6-years the Tigers have won 3 x flags, Eagles 1 and Cats 1. Which supporter group do you think is loving football in 2023 the most right now? Supporters of those 3 x teams above or Pies supporters?

The lack of making a PF in 23-years is just a reflection of being a poor football team for over 2 decades, with a few ‘winning’ seasons sprinkled in amongst the garbage.

Don’t worry, as a Tiger I was with those Blues supporters for the most part of 1982-2012, before we peeled off 3 x ‘winning seasons in a row’ and then 3 x flags across 2017-20. I know the frustration of not knowing where your next win is coming from, let alone your next finals appearance or next flag.

You wouldn’t expect 23-years of being poo in an equalised competition with about 15 x top-10 draft picks and 4 x #1’s, but when you’ve previously relied upon brown paper bags to win flags it’s really not that surprising you turn to crud when cheating isn’t an option any more.

That’s true to an extent. But the thing supporters do care about is winning games, with a ‘winning’ season reflected by making finals.

Let’s put it this way… in the last 6-years the Tigers have won 3 x flags, Eagles 1 and Cats 1. Which supporter group do you think is loving football in 2023 the most right now? Supporters of those 3 x teams above or Pies supporters?

The lack of making a PF in 23-years is just a reflection of being a poor football team for over 2 decades, with a few ‘winning’ seasons sprinkled in amongst the garbage.

Don’t worry, as a Tiger I was with those Blues supporters for the most part of 1982-2012, before we peeled off 3 x ‘winning seasons in a row’ and then 3 x flags across 2017-20. I know the frustration of not knowing where your next win is coming from, let alone your next finals appearance or next flag.

You wouldn’t expect 23-years of being poo in an equalised competition with about 15 x top-10 draft picks and 4 x #1’s, but when you’ve previously relied upon brown paper bags to win flags it’s really not that surprising you turn to crud when cheating isn’t an option any more.
Gee, I don't find myself agreeing with you very often but it's difficult to argue with any of this!

Almost as if something happened in 2001 that stopped Carlton from being competitive.

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back