Preview Changes & discussion - Richmond 6/5/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a worry for Webb. I thought that he was a better player than Benjamin Long, Mitch Hannan, Koby Stevens and Nathan Hrovat. Those four guys went to other clubs at the end of last year and are getting AFL games.

Webb is a better player than those guys. He isnt getting a game as our depth is better than the clubs those others went to.

A few to go off our list before him / just hope he is patient enough to hang around post moyd and Murphy. With how many half backs we have he slots in next year imo

If Dahl is a late out Webb will get a chance, otherwise if Clay doesn't repay the faith he will get a chance next week I reckon. He's been a project player, I think he's being moulded into a Moyd type role

I don't think any boot company wants to be associated with our goal kicking right now.:(
I think there's one brand who are missing an opportunity - I've heard plenty of people at games yelling out "He missed from 15m out again?! What a Croc!". ;)

What I don't understand is that Webb is extremely versatile he's played half back, now middle and half forward (where he has the ability to take decent grabs, has strong hands). I understand we are trying to develop his inside game but he is literally a prototype of the player Bev likes, yet can't get a game.

And he's a better shot at goal then Jong, Smith and Dunkley combined.

So it's strange he hasn't gotten a crack yet. If there's a late out I'd expect him in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I don't understand is that Webb is extremely versatile he's played half back, now middle and half forward (where he has the ability to take decent grabs, has strong hands). I understand we are trying to develop his inside game but he is literally a prototype of the player Bev likes, yet can't get a game.

And he's a better shot at goal then Jong, Smith and Dunkley combined.

So it's strange he hasn't gotten a crack yet. If there's a late out I'd expect him in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My thoughts exactly. Even worse is that rival clubs will be circling. He is a great talent, would be dirty if he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you all forgetting that Webb played 5 games last year and didn't look very good at afl level at all?

It's all very well and good to be versatile and have skills, but he didn't impact afl at all last year. He's not going to come in and make an impact when he's not destroying vfl.

Are you all forgetting that Webb played 5 games last year and didn't look very good at afl level at all?

It's all very well and good to be versatile and have skills, but he didn't impact afl at all last year. He's not going to come in and make an impact when he's not destroying vfl.
No. Hasn't had the opportunity of a good run of games, plays completely different roles when he does come up and I wouldn't say he didn't look very good at all, he looked like your standard 20 year old, and his last couple of games he played were good. Besides he's been consistently very good to great in the VFL all of last year and this year. Probably our most consistent VFL player. Even if what you've said was true, last year was last year, he's a developing young player ffs last years not entirely important.

The calls for him to come in are more than fair enough.

No. Hasn't had the opportunity of a good run of games, plays completely different roles when he does come up and I wouldn't say he didn't look very good at all, he looked like your standard 20 year old, and his last couple of games he played were good. Besides he's been consistently very good to great in the VFL all of last year and this year. Probably our most consistent VFL player. Even if what you've said was true, last year was last year, he's a developing young player ffs last years not entirely important.

The calls for him to come in are more than fair enough.
Look, I'm all for him to come in, and I hope he does well. It's just that there are a lot of people here that think he's going to come in and excel if he's played in the same position. And then the same people come out and say he's so versatile so can play any position. It just seems like there's a whole lot of talking him up because he's one of the shiny new toys, in that he's a young guy that's not a regular in the 22.

I've seen it happen a lot before. Tom Hill, Panos, Hrovat, Pearce, Prudden, Veszpremi etc.

I think he looked pretty promising in many of those games. But yeah I get the sentiment.

I think we've blooded youngsters so much over the last few years that a lot of us think there's something wrong when we aren't. When in reality we are backing up after a premiership! It's pretty normal for a successful club to develop their youngsters in the twos until they are actually ready...It doesn't mean they are out of favour or leaving!

I've seen it happen a lot before. Tom Hill, Panos, Hrovat, Pearce, Prudden, Veszpremi etc.

Ah Panos - 'never forget'.

Whatever happened to that bloke? I think he ended up playing on the ball in the SANFL rather than being the next Fevola, as we hoped for.

Ah Panos - 'never forget'.

Whatever happened to that bloke? I think he ended up playing on the ball in the SANFL rather than being the next Fevola, as we hoped for.
Mainstay at Norwood in the SANFL since he left.

Webb and Williams have similar stats yet Williams is talked up much more. Cant always go by stats but Williams does play an easier role strictly at half back

Gws losing gives richmond that extra motivation to creep into top 4
We probably beat them up a bit physically too, perhaps they were flat tonight? Doesn't bode well for us if we can't bring a significant level of physical effort to tomorrow's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back