Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did, but Grundy was better. If Nank isn't as good and Grundy is as good or better, then that is what I am worried about. Anyway good for footy the two biggest clubs in the land at 1 and 2.
I can't wait for this game. I reckon we will stamp ourselves on the competition as genuine contenders.

Really? Has that been done before?

Not since the AFL said "we're not doing this again".

About 15-20 years I reckon.

But it woudlnt surprise me. They are under the pump from the TV networks like never before. Theres a reason the media is driving the rule change agenda. Their jobs are at risk.

This is a bigger home and away game than Essendon v Carlton back in 2000, two relics from the past. So I can't remember a bigger game outside of ANZAC Day games but I think this supersedes all of those too. So this is the biggest home game in Melbs that I can remember IMO. Collingwood v Richmond the new modern day rivalry.

Last time you guys bullied us around the midfield contests, but hopefully the form of Adams, the addition of Sier and some midfield minutes for JDG will address that.
Yep the injury to Treloar gives others a chance to thrive.
We aren't invincible at the G despite what you may hear.
By the way, i am an old school Richmond supporter and have never hated collingwood. Got themselves out of financial ruin the hard way like we did without any need for handouts etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think you will get us this week.

I doubt it, but we 'should' reduce the margin, but the way both teams play a few minutes of dominance could blow out the scoreboard very quickly could be close game and still have a large margin. Hopefully a cracker of heads up, take the game on footy,

THE H&A win either way won't mean that much in September (and teh pies need the 4 pts more)

Richmond dont have any real talls besides Riewoldt, they are similiar to us and prefer a smaller forward line, so much so that Moore may not even be a loss, if he cant get up next week. We handled Brown, Daw and Goldstein at times today very well.

In fact I'd go further and say our game styles are similar, pressure and clean hands inside then link up on the outside. Difference is they tend to acutely keep possession to "make sure" they'll get an I50. We pressure in the phone box as they do but we like use leg speed or surgical disposal to "outrun" on the link up.

Richmond dont have any real talls besides Riewoldt, they are similiar to us and prefer a smaller forward line, so much so that Moore may not even be a loss, if he cant get up next week. We handled Brown, Daw and Goldstein at times today very well.

The thing is, it's against that type of opposition that Moore would be the most valuable as he'd be much more likely to take intercept contested grabs against smaller opponents. Defensively it means it's less of an issue, but he would help massively to provide slingshot out of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back