Preview Changes & Preview vs Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

What you see as a strong contest, I see as him misreading it and being in the wrong spot and somehow kicking the ball away from goal from point blank range. I understand your point re: Cram/Stringer/Clay but I don't think he's performing particularly well in that area of his game (at the moment).

That is definitely not his only issue. I haven't really been happy with any part of his game this season but my main issue is with his attitude.

Agree totally. 6 possessions two weeks in a row would translate to back to the VFL for most. Webb is dropped after one

Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield versus Bontempelli, Macrae and Liberatore. Weather is supposed to be OK. If we play like we did against Richmond we can win in my opinion. Obviously there's a massive home ground advantage and they are flag favorites, but funnier things have happened. If we want it enough we are capable.

I'd encourage one of our boys to drill Ablett with an elbow since clearly it's in the rules now.

I got two tickets $50 each, near our cheer squad (I hope) could be awkward if it’s not our cheer squad :eek:

went there two years ago same location and I wont be back if you want to gather the most uneducated bogan people and put them all in the same location that is the spot and none of the above will be wearing red and white colors

went there two years ago same location and I wont be back if you want to gather the most uneducated bogan people and put them all in the same location that is the spot and none of the above will be wearing red and white colors

Yeah, last time we went was 2008, the times before we won. Terrible supporters, they make Adelaide supporters look like theatre goers.

Last time I went to Geelong we got beat and Darcy did a knee. I had to stand amongst sneering grim-faced yokels sinking cans like it was the Friday before Christmas. A fight nearly broke out between two Cats supporters because one kept criticising the team and the other didn't like it. They both had two kids with them. A teenage Bulldogs fan sitting opposite me on the Vline cried the whole way home.

I've not been back.

Considering this : - https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...-stay-for-afl?camefrom=EMCL_2903144_138866079

Has anyone watched the game in the Barker's cafe? Doesn't feel like the ideal spot.

Last time I went to Geelong we got beat and Darcy did a knee. I had to stand amongst sneering grim-faced yokels sinking cans like it was the Friday before Christmas. A fight nearly broke out between two Cats supporters because one kept criticising the team and the other didn't like it. They both had two kids with them. A teenage Bulldogs fan sitting opposite me on the Vline cried the whole way home.

I've not been back.

Considering this : - https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...-stay-for-afl?camefrom=EMCL_2903144_138866079

Has anyone watched the game in the Barker's cafe? Doesn't feel like the ideal spot.
I went last time we played there.. two bogan cats fans got into each other for the same reason as you listed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last went to Geelong about 22 years ago. The language from some Geelong supporters was disgusting. We had our four year old with us. A Geelong supporter wanted to fight my wife for asking him to keep his language down because of our son. Have not been back. They need some new genetics in that gene puddle.

I have only been to Geelong once. It was the top of the ladder clash in 2008.

I paid $50 for a seat directly behind one of the erected poles used to support the large net that is placed behind the goals during the warm up. It remains my worst viewing experience, given my view was obstructed.

On a positive note, we actually perform fairly well at Geelong under Bevo. Sure, he's 0-3, but I feel we could easily have won all three of them.

The 2015 game could have gone either way. A few controversial umpiring decisions went against us and we lost by eight points.

The 2016 game was ours for the taking. We went down by four goals despite Libba and Macrae going down with injuries in the second quarter, forcing us to play the rest of the match with 20 players, and arguably without two of our best midfielders. Bartel played his 300th and Enright broke the games record at Geelong, so it was a big game for them. I thought we did well all things considered.

The 2017 game was also ours for the taking. We led by nine points at three quarter time. Bevo had made it well known that Geelong was the only team he didn't beat in 2016, and was obviously the only team he had failed to beat as coach. He wanted this one badly. I think the turning point in the game was the umpire paying a 50m penalty in the final quarter against Cloke for abuse. Selwood converted from the 50m penalty and it halted our momentum. Until that moment, we had kicked six consecutive goals and were up by nine points. We went down by 23 points with Geelong kicking the final three goals of the match. Credit must go to Geelong for their ferocious tackling, which I feel ultimately won them the game, but that 50m penalty against Cloke was a real turning point.

What does all of this mean? Hopefully a Bulldogs victory.

This is my prediction.

mi1k0k.png

I paid $50 for a seat directly behind one of the erected poles used to support the large net that is placed behind the goals during the warm up. It remains my worst viewing experience, given my view was obstructed.

On a positive note, we actually perform fairly well at Geelong under Bevo. Sure, he's 0-3, but I feel we could easily have won all three of them.

The 2015 game could have gone either way. A few controversial umpiring decisions went against us and we lost by eight points.

The 2016 game was ours for the taking. We went down by four goals despite Libba and Macrae going down with injuries in the second quarter, forcing us to play the rest of the match with 20 players, and arguably without two of our best midfielders. Bartel played his 300th and Enright broke the games record at Geelong, so it was a big game for them. I thought we did well all things considered.

The 2017 game was also ours for the taking. We led by nine points at three quarter time. Bevo had made it well known that Geelong was the only team he didn't beat in 2016, and was obviously the only team he had failed to beat as coach. He wanted this one badly. I think the turning point in the game was the umpire paying a 50m penalty in the final quarter against Cloke for abuse. Selwood converted from the 50m penalty and it halted our momentum. Until that moment, we had kicked six consecutive goals and were up by nine points. We went down by 23 points with Geelong kicking the final three goals of the match. Credit must go to Geelong for their ferocious tackling, which I feel ultimately won them the game, but that 50m penalty against Cloke was a real turning point.

This is my prediction.

mi1k0k.png
I’d be happy with that - clEan sheet would be ideal

The last time I went to Geelong, Travis Cloke gave away that 50m penalty in the last qtr (or did something just as stupid and costly). Was a horrid drive home!

This is my prediction.

mi1k0k.png
A nice halftime score! And yet this place would still be full of Bulldogs fans fretting that the Doggies will probably lose.

I wonder how many Bulldogs supporters will be in attendance on Saturday?
Meeeeee. After all its pretty much in my backyard so why not. The 1.5 hourly commutes to Melbourne each Melbourne game gets tiring.

Anyone know the last time we beat them in Geelong?

The last time I went to Geelong, Travis Cloke gave away that 50m penalty in the last qtr (or did something just as stupid and costly). Was a horrid drive home!

I remember that will a very controversial free kick against Cloke, with Selwood being heard to scream “* you Cloke” as he got his 50 metre penalty.

Meeeeee. After all its pretty much in my backyard so why not. The 1.5 hourly commutes to Melbourne each Melbourne game gets tiring.

Anyone know the last time we beat them in Geelong?

I don’t know if it was the last, but I remember a game with Croft and Grant playing, where Geelong got out to a 35 point lead, and they reeled them in to win. The generously proportioned woman who gave it to us during that game, was no where to be seen at the end.

Geelong v Bulldogs

AS OF 2014

Geelong's running win percentage vs the Bulldogs has only been below 60% at the end of seasons 1945 to 1950.

Of teams that Geelong has competed against in every season 1925-41 and 1944-2014, its highest win percentage is against the Bulldogs. Next: 62.75% vs Sydney/Sth Melbourne.

The Bulldogs win percentage 22.66% for matches in Geelong 1925-2012 ranks 14th of all of Geelong's 19 opponents played in matches at Corio Oval and Kardinia Park 1897-2014.

From 1925 to 1996, Geelong won 45 and drew 1 of 55 matches in Geelong vs the Bulldogs including 22 consecutive without loss 1946-71 (one draw in 1957).

The Bulldogs share with Brisbane as being the last teams to win five consecutive matches against the Cats at Kardinia Park. Each won five consecutive at the 'Cattery' 1998-2003. (2003 was the last time that the Lions or the Dogs won in Geelong.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back