List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now pineapple on a pizza.........

That always gets a few nut job comments.....

I know right? You always get the weirdos coming out saying that pineapple on pizza is disgusting...

You simply can't trust someone who doesn't like pineapple on pizza.

Very disappointed big mistake made I think by the eagles with this trade. Geelong must be laughing at us now with this trade.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why? All they have for it thus far are draft picks.

Way too early to tell.

What has Geelong making the grand final got to do with the Kelly trade?

Maybe if the picks we gave them turned into players that got them there. But none of them even featured during 2020.

I don’t see the link.

Why? All they have for it thus far are draft picks.

Way too early to tell.
Yep, the only lesson that WC need to learn from the trade is to assume a 'worst case scenario' for draft picks is someone comes after a player.

I.e. assume a first round future pick is worth around 20 (after academy etc). That is what Geelong did with us, and they have benefited (tbf with this year's pick the significant benefit is our fault not theirs).

Also get the extra pick added. We added probably 1 more than we should have, need to get that happening when we trade away players (tbf we did similar with our GC pick swap a few years back). It's amazing the opportunity that an extra pick can open up on draft night - I think we have been one of the better clubs at live trading, but we need some picks (even 2nd or 3rd round) to facilitate it.

And lastly, free agency is key. Holding out for the A graders is common, but the reality is we can and should use it asap to improve our 18-28 ranked players (I.e. bottom 4 in the side and depth).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed big mistake made I think by the eagles with this trade. Geelong must be laughing at us now with this trade.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They won't be laughing if they go down by a small margin in the GF knowing that Kelly could of been the difference....

Lets just see how this pans out yet

I like pineapple on pizza.
Best pizza ever, satay sauce(has to be the thick chunky stuff) , bbq chicken, capsicum, onion and pineapple

Whooo there fella.

Chicken on pizza.........now that has never done it for me. Need Fox and Scully to investigate how this came about, its just not natural IMO. Almost out of this world. :greenalien: :greenalien: :greenalien: :greenalien: :$

Because we traded a mountain of picks whose collective value was far greater than the value of Kelly.

This absence of picks will impact our side for the next 10+ years inhibiting our ability to win games and premierships over that period.

We currently have an aging list, that seriously lacks depth, and the majority of our best players are 28 or over who require replacement in the next 1-3 years. This means the picks we traded would have been particularly valuable to us.

Because due to the aforementioned aging list, which lacks depth we are unlikely to win a premiership within the next few years (while tK is still active). It is more likely our strong players continue to drop off with next year probably being our last shot before we become mid table.

Meanwhile the side we traded with is looking at potentially winning the premiership this year, and will have one of the best draft hands, setting them up for a continuous run of success.

Is that enough reasons to look at this trade as potentially being our worst?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What has Geelong making the grand final got to do with the Kelly trade?

Maybe if the picks we gave them turned into players that got them there. But none of them even featured during 2020.

I don’t see the link.

Part of the value of the trade was determined by a bet that we would be strong this year and they would be weak, similar to the GC trade in 2018 that we smashed. It Hasn’t worked for us so well this time with us finishing below expectation and then above.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a compromised draft this year so we wont lose out as much as normal. Our first pick that went to Geelong could potentially blow out to near pick 20

In what was already expected to be a weaker draft for smalls, heavily impacted by father son and academy picks and now with very little exposed form. If you're ever going to have a weaker draft hand this is the year for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back