List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong are laughing at us rn
well thats not good..geez that kelly trade is look yuck now
Always did. From the start maintained that 2021 1st + high 2019 2nd (Sydney's pick) + our 201 2nd was more than fair.
Then use pick 16 to get Larke Medallist Deven Robertson if he was still there (he was) as a WC supporting mid of exactly the type we needed.

Would love to know what Ainsworths role actually was last night. And what we see it if he unfortunately is given another contract.

Did we seriously pass up all those good mids in the draft to select "the best clearance player" only to play him forward?

6 touches, 3 clangers, and failed to lay a tackle.

He isn't locking down on anyone... he isn't a forward, he has zero speed (despite the AFL tracker meme) so i really don't get it.

Why was he playing?? Someone on the MC plz come in and tell me Jetta couldn’t have eclipsed that and provided twice as much.

Absurd.
While I agree with what you're saying for me it was petch. Happy to play one of them but couldn't carry both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Ainsworth it appears that the only role we have tried him in where he looks ok is the tagging one.
If that's what he can do then he has a place on the list. But Hutchings doesn't as we can really only carry one tagger.
As it stands right now, if he has a specific player to tag he plays, if there is no tagging to be done, he doesn't.

With Ainsworth it appears that the only role we have tried him in where he looks ok is the tagging one.
If that's what he can do then he has a place on the list. But Hutchings doesn't as we can really only carry one tagger.
As it stands right now, if he has a specific player to tag he plays, if there is no tagging to be done, he doesn't.

I would say using Ainsworth is currently plan B if one our starting mids goes out.

We need to have options in the midfield before we get to that point, as it is pretty dire option.

The fact that Ainsworth gets a gig as soon as one player (Yeo last night) isn't available is an indictment on our depth.

Where does Vanirsen go in the draft, draft watchers? Very impressed with him today. Wilson( I think?) for Claremont colts was impressive in traffic at times as well, thoughts on him?

Where does Vanirsen go in the draft, draft watchers? Very impressed with him today. Wilson( I think?) for Claremont colts was impressive in traffic at times as well, thoughts on him?
He wasn’t invited for testing at the combine which means no clubs registered interest. Technically it doesn’t mean he can’t be picked up, but it’s unlikely.

Commentary team said he wasn’t ready yet and he might be looked at next year. I think he might be a very late pick, possibly around for us at the 3rd round mark if the club likes him.

Last edited:
So for the last year I have been pushing the Alec Waterman barrow and suggested anyone wanting to know more about him to watch today.

Not sure how others felt but in a depleted Claremont forward line, he was the silver lining.

Can anyone seriously say that Alec Waterman would not have been a better option than Ah Chee, Ainsworth or Petruccelle?

Come on West Coast, just draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back