Cricket Australia Contracts 2017/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say bye bye Hazelwood , cant bat, and not a great bowler in ! day cricket ( same bowler as Cummins, Bird Paterson MMarsh

I've never rated Haze much in ODI's but he's improved massively over the last 18mths. A number 11 can't bat...well so what! Haze is a much better bowler it isn't close.

Feel like it's a bit early for Stanlake to be getting a contract. Needs more cricket into him first.
He had one semi decent Big Bash season and is about 1000ft tall. Not sure that warrants a contract.

Can't say I agree with the entirety list, but am glad Faulkner didn't make it in. Should be well down the list of all-rounders available.

Can't say I agree with the entirety list, but am glad Faulkner didn't make it in. Should be well down the list of all-rounders available.

This.

More of an issue of Stanlake getting one than them dropping Faulkner.

The only surprise in this list of players is that Shaun Marsh didn't get a gig alongside his bruz.
In all seriousness, why can't the list of CA contracted players be confined to Test and Shield excellence for at least 2 years? Which means why is Stanlake and Agar are considered? To be offered a contract I think play a Test or 3 then see what happens.

I've never rated Haze much in ODI's but he's improved massively over the last 18mths. A number 11 can't bat...well so what! Haze is a much better bowler it isn't close.
Yeah agree totally. Because we always relied on McGrath to bat us out of sticky situations! Bowlers bowl, and are the real matchwinners of any cricket team.

Yeah agree totally. Because we always relied on McGrath to bat us out of sticky situations! Bowlers bowl, and are the real matchwinners of any cricket team.

Not as if Starc and Cummins for that matter (or Pattinson), etc can't bat anyway! If you are relying on your number 11 to score runs...how about the batsmen do their job!

I thought Stanlake's contract is pretty explanatory.

He is an injury prone player of natural interest and CA want to be able to control him.

Maybe but surely we've learnt from the past giving players contracts too early. He's a huge talent I'd had waited a year that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With due respect what does giving him a contract this year compared to next year change apart from the cost of the contract?

Make him really earn it and perform across all formats. It's why I'm happy they haven't rushed in and given Swepson one yet.

Just done think a few games should get you a contract

I guess single-handedly bowling us to our only win in India in over a decade with better match figures than Shane Warne's best, in one of the only opportunities he's ever got to play for Australia just didn't cut it for O'Keefe.

I guess single-handedly bowling us to our only win in India in over a decade with better match figures than Shane Warne's best, in one of the only opportunities he's ever got to play for Australia just didn't cut it for O'Keefe.

Unfortunately whether they say it or not, I do feel his latest off field thing might have hurt him.

He's unlucky but similar to SMarsh, I think they might move on from both players. Nothing wrong with that.

Former Australia wicketkeeper Brad Haddin admits he was surprised to see Peter Nevill not offered a national contract, restating his view that his fellow New South Welshman remains the country’s best gloveman.
Nevill isn't even first choice in the one format he'd be an option for, Haddin. Why would be have been given a national contract?

Make him really earn it and perform across all formats. It's why I'm happy they haven't rushed in and given Swepson one yet.

Just done think a few games should get you a contract
There is a massive difference between getting a contract and playing for Australia.

What exactly is a CA contract?
If you're on a CA contract it means they pay you, not the state association. It also means the body that's supposed protect the best interests of the game can make a mockery of said game by withdrawing players after an innings of a first class match, allow a sub, and deny 150 years of history.

Then he got drunk, and then he got drunk, and then he got drunk.....

Wow, amazing revelation from Rodney Hogg on SEN just then about the Faulkner snub.

Hogg said that Lancashire offered Faulkner 120k a season to be their marquee for the upcoming county season. CA apparently interfered with Faulkner's interests and told him to keep cherry ripe for national selection. Faulkner then gets dropped from the ODI squad and cut from the CA contract.

I'd be doing everything to stick it up to CA if I was Faulkner if this was true. Lulling him into a false sense of security then going in dry like that, pathetic.

Yet unknowns like Stanlake get a contract over the Faulkner's and Sayer's, what a disgrace.

Wow, amazing revelation from Rodney Hogg on SEN just then about the Faulkner snub.

Hogg said that Lancashire offered Faulkner 120k a season to be their marquee for the upcoming county season. CA apparently interfered with Faulkner's interests and told him to keep cherry ripe for national selection. Faulkner then gets dropped from the ODI squad and cut from the CA contract.

I'd be doing everything to stick it up to CA if I was Faulkner if this was true. Lulling him into a false sense of security then going in dry like that, pathetic.

Yet unknowns like Stanlake get a contract over the Faulkner's and Sayer's, what a disgrace.
He actually said 120,000 pounds, which is closer to $210,000 - 220,000!! And Hoggy doesn't make s**t up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back