Free Agency Dan McStay [Joins Collingwood as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the age of their team. Easily up there next year too. They have missed a KPF with season long injuries 2 years in a row.
Neale wants to go back to Freo apparently it happen last year it will happen again this year, I've already been told 100% he is asking for trade back at the end of this year.

Neale wants to go back to Freo apparently it happen last year it will happen again this year, I've already been told 100% he is asking for trade back at the end of this year.

Lol mate, even Rhino said a couple weeks ago that Neale to Freo wasn’t gonna happen now. What do you know that he doesn’t?

Tell you what, if they’re chasing Luke Jackson on a $10m deal, it’s definitely not happening.

Media going with Collingwood as the Front Runners at the Moment for McStay

I am not Fussed Either Way

Got the cash to pay more than most suitors given the imo likely departure of De Goey from the Pies.

You wouldn't want to pay overs though for him, like Carlton did with McGovern (for example)

Got the cash to pay more than most suitors given the imo likely departure of De Goey from the Pies.

You wouldn't want to pay overs though for him, like Carlton did with McGovern (for example)
It wouldn't make sence for Collingwood to pick him up if De Goey leaves.

De Goey leaves RFA = compo.
De Goey leaves RFA, McStay joins RFA = probably no compo
If De Goey leaves as a RFA we would have to match to force a trade. Can Collingwood afford to match and McStay RFA? I doubt it with Grundy and Moore contracts plus the cap issues of the last few years.

It wouldn't make sence for Collingwood to pick him up if De Goey leaves.

De Goey leaves RFA = compo.
De Goey leaves RFA, McStay joins RFA = probably no compo
If De Goey leaves as a RFA we would have to match to force a trade. Can Collingwood afford to match and McStay RFA? I doubt it with Grundy and Moore contracts plus the cap issues of the last few years.

Yeah I forget about that part FA canceling compo part. Still he would only be a short-medium term solution for the Pies, my advice would be to take the De Goey compo and cash in one of the top 3 or 4 very promising KPF's in this year's draft.

Would really set up up going fowards if you snag another Logan McDonald type.

Yeah I forget about that part FA canceling compo part. Still he would only be a short-medium term solution for the Pies, my advice would be to take the De Goey compo and cash in one of the top 3 or 4 very promising KPF's in this year's draft.

Would really set up up going fowards if you snag another Logan McDonald type.
De Goey won't net them good enough compo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that we will lose JDG compo if we get McStay as a RFA but I mean, we could match any offer for JDG and force a trade. Unless of course North offer him 1.2 a year which is entirely possible...
No one is going to give you anything valuable for DeGoey that shipped has long sailed away. His on field performances haven't been all that good then throw on top his off field issues there is little to no chance you get anything near a 1st rounder

No one is going to give you anything valuable for DeGoey that shipped has long sailed away. His on field performances haven't been all that good then throw on top his off field issues there is little to no chance you get anything near a 1st rounder

The Dogs were offered a first rounder for Dunkley, but wanted two. JDG will fetch a first rounder if it goes to a trade.

The Dogs were offered a first rounder for Dunkley, but wanted two. JDG will fetch a first rounder if it goes to a trade.
Josh Dunkley had 2 years left on a contract was 23 and had made the AA 40 man squad. De Goey is out of contract produced very little on field and has more red flags off field then a Chinese banquet. Collingwood withdrew their offer to him midweek for a reason don't be another one eyed deluded nuff on BF

The reality is he is a consistent B-grade 3rd key forward that occasionally plays as an A-grader.

Put the best key defender on him each week at a club where they want him to be the #1 key fwd, and I think he will struggle.

But supply of available key forwards is poor this year and demand is high.

Thus offers are way overs for what you are buying 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back