Recommitted Darcy Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

And then what happened after Roos?
About ready to start another bottom out I'd say the demons.

We know where we're at.

Petracca would be smart to get out.
We're going well, apart from another dip into the draft last season.

Just as Carlton did for some years, as the Bombers are doing again this year in Woosha's final year, so he takes the baggage for that; as truck develops his game strategy's and players. They are full on into the draft picks.

Clarko as well is camouflaging his delve into the draft abyss, Via blaming umpiring and other clubs, etc.

The Swans are doing it Obviously, without any guise. They are just going in for a deep scoop of the draft. But just how injured is Buddy, really?

Tanking..... (cough) List Management is still alive, well, and kicking strongly within the AFL's environs.

And Gill still ignores this allowing it, to go on, allowing clubs to bottom, and then list manage.

Instead of creating a draft lottery for the bottom 6 teams.

Last edited:
We're going well, apart from another dip into the draft last season.

Just as Carton blue bags, did for some years, as the Bummers are doing again this year in Woosha's final year, so he takes the baggage for that; as truck develops his game strategy's and players. They are full on into the draft picks.

Clarko as well is camouflaging his delve into the draft abyss, Via blaming umpiring and other clubs, etc.

The Swans are doing it Obviously, without any guise. They are just going in for a deep scoop of the draft. But just how injured is Budd, really?
Tanking..... (cough) List Management is still alive, well, and kicking strongly within the AFL's environs.

And Gill still ignores this allowing it, to go on, allowing clubs to bottom, and then list manage.

Instead of creating a draft lottery for the bottom 6 teams.

So you want a draft lottery so a team like us who are struggling bigtime dont actually get the best talent.

How about stop handing out priority picks to teams like Melbourne, GC and Carlton and wonder why they have a glutton of young talent.

So you want a draft lottery so a team like us who are struggling bigtime dont actually get the best talent.

How about stop handing out priority picks to teams like Melbourne, GC and Carlton and wonder why they have a glutton of young talent.
No.
To sort out this habit of bottoming to exploit the draft; rather than respecting the draft for what it was intended.

In essence, teams run too far without taking sensible draft picks; ie, trade off draft picks to trade inward, gap filler players, to try for a tilt at Granny finals.
Rather than being more patient, with their real ladder position draft picks, and proper development of young players.

Nothing against the crows, but more about the AFL's self indulgent blind-eye, to the corruption of their own appendages. draft/salary-cap/soft-cap.

A bit late for what?

Who was the better player , who represented better value in the pick..one being 12 one being 18... the longer a player is in them system the pick number probably becomes less relevant ..but as it stands Georgiades looks pretty good for a p18. I know some on our board are unhappy taht we didnt take him earlier.

Fogarty at 12 probably not yet performing to the level of expectation ?

How about stopping handing out priority picks to teams who deliberately drop down to gain one, like the hawks transferring players away, only to pull them back-in, 2 or so years after they've finished bottoming, and drafted the cream.

Hawks bottomed for the drafts around the 2001 - 2006 era.
A CHB who was traded out to Freo, end of 2001; only to return soon after (end of 2003), and then play in premierships.

Lets not forget the Saints deep dive into the draft, and priority picks, back around the turn of century. 2000 - 2003 era.

Collingwood of 1999 - 2000, and again another quick dip into the 2005 draft.

List-Management has been far to targeted, rather than more random in its effects on teams, and clubs use this to exploit/manufacture AFL outcomes.

To the detriment of our game.

Who was the better player , who represented better value in the pick..one being 12 one being 18... the longer a player is in them system the pick number probably becomes less relevant ..but as it stands Georgiades looks pretty good for a p18. I know some on our board are unhappy taht we didnt take him earlier.

Worth remembering they were taken in different drafts so not sure it's particularly useful to compare what pick they were taken at?

Fogarty at 12 probably not yet performing to the level of expectation ?

After showing some promising signs towards the end of last season, culminating in strong performances v West Coast (5 goals) and the Magpies (3 goals) in consecutive weeks, he's been up and down in 2020. My thoughts:
  1. Like some of our other youngsters, he's suffered this season from being in a terrible side whose transition play is as slow as treacle and has little to no structure. More than anyone, young forwards still learning their craft in terms of leading patterns are likely to suffer in that context. Not to downplay his performances as I think he's looked great but Georgiades by comparison is playing in an excellent side moving the ball quickly and predictably which does make life a bit easier.
  2. He's had a few injuries this year which will have disrupted his continuity.
  3. The club need to think very critically about how they use Tex and Fogarty together going forward. By virtue of who he is and how he has always played, Tex attracts a lot of our attacking entries. It may be that for the sake of Fogarty's development Tex needs to start playing more as a foil than as the main man (if at all).
I'm still confident we can bank on him to become one of the better centre half forwards going around in years to come.

Anyway, back on topic, next to no chance he's going anywhere!

Last edited:
Worth remembering they were taken in different drafts so not sure it's particularly useful to compare what pick they were taken at?

After showing some promising signs towards the end of last season, culminating in strong performances v West Coast (5 goals) and the Magpies (3 goals) in consecutive weeks, he's been up and down in 2020. My thoughts:
  1. Like some of our other youngsters, he's suffered this season from being in a terrible side whose transition play is as slow as treacle and has little to no structure. More than anyone, young forwards still learning their craft in terms of leading patterns are likely to suffer in that context. Not to downplay his performances as I think he's looked great but Georgiades by comparison is playing in an excellent side moving the ball quickly and predictably which does make life a bit easier.
  2. He's had a few injuries this year which will have disrupted his continuity.
  3. The club need to think very critically about how they use Tex and Fogarty together going forward. By virtue of who he is and how he has always played, Tex attracts a lot of our attacking entries. It may be that for the sake of Fogarty's development Tex needs to start playing more as a foil than as the main man (if at all).
I'm still confident we can bank on him to become one of the better centre half forwards going around in years to come.

Anyway, back on topic, next to no chance he's going anywhere!

yes I agree its not precise ..but every year a #1 draft pick is handed out even though some years are stronger than others. What it shows in way is how much difference there is between an early and a late r1 , and some times 18 can be as good as 12...

but yes still time for him to show and live up to that early potential. If Tex is about to go , he will get plenty of chances..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back