Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldust....Brisbane and its supporters said they would only offer 5.

BS. Some did. By far the majority that weren't trolling said we'd give up more, and those that were harping on it in this very thread got thread banned for trolling for exactly that reason.

Not best 22 in a bottom 4 team. Not the sort of player who will be in a premiership team. There's a reason 100% of Lions supporters are happy to give him up.

Not 100%, and ignoring the crazy supporters I think you'll find that because we're giving him up for Beams makes a hell of a difference. He had a two year contract sitting in front of him, so it's not like he was about to be delisted. He's a good enough player to make it but not good enough to guarantee it, though I rate him higher than Karnezis who you guys took last year. He's fought up off the rookie list and by all accounts is a good trainer so should fit in well with Buckley's approach - could well get the best out of him.

It all boils down to the fact that, well, how do I put this?
Rockliff isn't rubbish and is a best 22 player?

Crisp isnt rubbish either, hes 20, he has shown he can play AFL, hes the same position as Rockliff was in his first season.

It all boils down to the fact that, well, how do I put this?
Rockliff isn't rubbish and is a best 22 player?

Crisp is not rubbish. Kicking needs some work but has played well when given the chance. I'd honestly rather keep him. But yeah, I'd give him up in a deal to get Beams of course.

True, Brisbane would've traded us a rookie pick I'm sure, but unfortunately trade rules don't allow it. Hine and Eddie were definitely pushing for it though, so they'll probably take the next best thing in Crisp
I think the whole multi club trade deal fell through because secretly Collingwoood were chasing Crisp from the very beginning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that the trade from this Crisp spud if it's a complicated deal will see pick 16 come to Collingwood with pick 5 IMO.

Hopefully Crisp isn't part of it and we deal with GWS.

I think the whole multi club trade deal fell through because secretly Collingwoood were chasing Crisp from the very beginning.
We actually rejected 5+25 for the shot at Crisp I've heard. We had to release the deadline press release to try and intimidate Brisbane into giving us a talent of such impressive and once in a generation quality.

I guess with FA it's not the end of the world. I think we could land Dangerfield next year cause we will have $$$, although that would be risky as we have a lot of SA boys who they will be chasing for hard in the future.

We should look at getting guys as FA from Bears list in future years.

Bit of under estimating of Crisp from a few people here. Won't come close to replacing Beams for us in the near future, might not be best 22 right away either. Has plenty of attributes to like though.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back