Review Dees v the Orange Mercs - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. Hit one fantastic kick in the second quarter and had a couple of decent tap-ons, but was absolutely bodied by Taylor on numerous occasions (the worst of which led directly to the match-winning goal).

Think we just need to accept that the cattle doesn't matter at this point. Our key forwards suck, but the gameplan and delivery to them is even worse.

Smith, Brown, McDonald, Schache, JVR – doesn't matter (though JVR should absolutely be playing).
Smith - s**t
Brown - cooked
T Mac - cooked
Schache - lol

JVR - ruined by our terrible gameplan.

Imagine pumping up Brown’s game today :$:$:$:$:$:$

Not really. Hit one fantastic kick in the second quarter and had a couple of decent tap-ons, but was absolutely bodied by Taylor on numerous occasions (the worst of which led directly to the match-winning goal).

Think we just need to accept that the cattle doesn't matter at this point. Our key forwards suck, but the gameplan and delivery to them is even worse.

Smith, Brown, McDonald, Schache, JVR – doesn't matter (though JVR should absolutely be playing).
Where were our crumbeers in that contest? he got bodied but it came to ground, we need to be winning that

in a game like that a few good passes and knock ons can make the difference … unfortunately our ‘stars’ like Trac go to water in front of goal … BBB isnt what’s stopping us from winning that game

Broadly I agree. But I think we're setting the bar pretty low if we're happy with that game from Brown.

I will say as a group it’s a long way off Lyon, Jakovich, Neitz and Schwarz!

12, 13, 18, 15 and 15 behinds in the last 5 matches.

professional piss takers the lot of them
The only game I can semi justify was the Collingwood game, we actually had good looks just missed set shots badly. Every other game it's a result of poor entries and constantly battling a flooded forward line.

The only game I can semi justify was the Collingwood game, we actually had good looks just missed set shots badly. Every other game it's a result of poor entries and constantly battling a flooded forward line.
Missed plenty of gettable shots today too, so there's that :$:$:$

The way we play almost reminds me of 2014 Melbourne.

Roos came in with a horrendous list, and intentionally shaped our gameplan around minimising the damage and keeping the scoring low. Made absolute sense at the time, as our club couldn't survive many more 100 point drubbings.

Now Simon in his infinite wisdom is seemingly trying to minimise the damage with a team that won a flag less than two years ago.

There's just no dare, no risk, no excitement. Just mediocrity for the past 12 months

Last edited:
Not at all. Brown did okay in the conditions.

The Clique needs to be called out for continually pumping up Smith. Absolute hack of a player.
You need to be called out for being an insufferable fool.

This whole clique crap is just that, crap.

You have one opinion that you rabbit over and over and over. It's boring and predictable, just like MFC. Get some other opinions and add something useful to the discourse on this board.

Brown was ok today, not fantastic, like most of the team. Smith was invisible, like he mostly always is. There really is nothing else to say. The selection of these two guys pales in comparison to our other issues at the moment.

I s**t you not, Goodwin just rolled out "we're working incredibly hard" in the first 30 seconds of the presser. Amazing
And again one minute later! Fmd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I s**t you not, Goodwin just rolled out "we're working incredibly hard" in the first 30 seconds of the presser. Amazing

Kids flipping burgers at Maccas “work incredibly hard” too. Doesn’t mean they should be managing the business.

"I actually spoke to the boys in the rooms and told them how proud I was of their effort" is that campaigner ******* serious?
So proud that we nearly beat 15th. Incredible

LOLZ at anyone talking up Brown's game today. 1 mark, 1 tackle, 1 behind. If that had been Weideman instead of Brown out there this board would be melting down. He's been given such a low bar now.

Also - it's the goal kicking.

I can't comment about the poor forward entries and conversions but I have been growing concerned about the Dees Ruck contests where there are clearly no rules. It seems that one of the opposition coaches key strategies is to monster Gawn and Grundy because there will be no frees paid.
I contrast this with watching the Eagles Saints game and early in the last quarter Marshall is paid a ruck free and I am not sure whether his opponent frowned at him or breathed on him. Gawn Grundy have a half nelson or a full nelson put on them and nothing happens.

Wheel is going to turn

The wheel:

GHToiLM.jpg

I can't comment about the poor forward entries and conversions but I have been growing concerned about the Dees Ruck contests where there are clearly no rules. It seems that one of the opposition coaches key strategies is to monster Gawn and Grundy because there will be no frees paid.
I contrast this with watching the Eagles Saints game and early in the last quarter Marshall is paid a ruck free and I am not sure whether his opponent frowned at him or breathed on him. Gawn Grundy have a half nelson or a full nelson put on them and nothing happens.
Happens every week. It's like they can full on hold and wrestle and it's play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back