Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently out of the Hawks

Required player but highly rated as a youngester.

Media saying clubs are hunting around, yet contract doesn't expire until next year

We also have Blanck at Box Hill learning the ropes. Be interesting to see if we end up pushing to keep both or just one (even though Blanck is more of a dedicated KPD).

Going nowhere.

Young KPD still working on his fitness and strength levels. Thought it was harsh for him to get dropped after keeping Thilthorpe goalless but can see the merit in letting him build in the 2s.

Denver isn’t going anywhere it would have to be a top five pick to get him and no one is going to offer that right now he hasn’t proven himself. I think the Hawks keep him he’s improving every week he’s already put on a lot of muscle. The only problem I see with him is he came into the Hawthorn team at 195cm and now is 194cm so he’s shrinking by the end of his career he’ll be about 185cm that’s too short to be a key position player 😂

Denver isn’t going anywhere it would have to be a top five pick to get him and no one is going to offer that right now he hasn’t proven himself. I think the Hawks keep him he’s improving every week he’s already put on a lot of muscle. The only problem I see with him is he came into the Hawthorn team at 195cm and now is 194cm so he’s shrinking by the end of his career he’ll be about 185cm that’s too short to be a key position player 😂
I'm sure he will come good for the hawks but he no where even close to being worth a top 5 pick in a trade based on his career so far. Your own Jack Scrimshaw had shown similar signs at Gold Coast and was traded for a 4th rounder after 2 years there (although out of contract), so I can't see DGB being worth more than an early 2nd at this stage until he shows more at AFL level

I don't think he leaves anyway BTW

Freo makes sense. He can take Chapman’s role on half back to release him to a wing.

Right age profile for Fremantle as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No more capital spent on defenders please, particularly one in contract that would require paying way too much on what he's actually shown

If freo pull their finger out a pick 3 rising star premiership winner will be traded for two teen picks and second rounder.
A top 5 pick for a kid that is not playing seniors for the worst team in the comp is comical

If freo pull their finger out a pick 3 rising star premiership winner will be traded for two teen picks and second rounder.
A top 5 pick for a kid that is not playing seniors for the worst team in the comp is comical
Like I said hawthorn have to much capital invested in the kid we would want a pick from 5 to 10 for him based on what we have put in which on current form would be overs for any team. he is contacted the deal can’t happen. No one likes losing on deals when they don’t have to

Ignoring the pick 5 part of his comment the main bit to focus on is it just makes no sense for the Hawks to move him on for anything except extreme overs at this stage.

You don’t use a top 6 pick on a key position player and move him on after 3 years because he hasn’t shown enough yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are forgetting the always fun PSD, a way to stiff teams on a players fair value for a very long time.

How can you be a freo supporter be on hand locally to witness what’s happening to the eagles and suggest we are the worst team in the comp? Methinks you are having a lend my good man…

How can you be a freo supporter be on hand locally to witness what’s happening to the eagles and suggest we are the worst team in the comp? Methinks you are having a lend my good man…
Freo supporter since the 90s
Never lived in WA.
Grew up in SA but living in Vic now.
Dont have to deal with weagles besides on big footy so their quite irrelevant.
I have to deal with victorians thinking the sun shines out their ass everyday!

Freo supporter since the 90s
Never lived in WA.
Grew up in SA but living in Vic now.
Dont have to deal with weagles besides on big footy so their quite irrelevant.
I have to deal with victorians thinking the sun shines out their ass everyday!
You haven’t lived in WA yet you support freo? Was it the theme song?

You haven’t lived in WA yet you support freo? Was it the theme song?
Love to swim against the current and was at that age where a kid normally jumps on the bandwagon of a successful team when freo entered the comp.
Being a proud south Australian my love was compounded with Godras switch and pavs drafting knowing the families.

Denver Grainger-Barras (15 disposals, 8 marks)​

"Denver started the game extremely well, he took a lot of marks off the opposition and gave great energy as a defender. He used the ball really well, he finished with a 92 per cent disposal efficiency. He took some great marks which is great for our defenders in their ability to set up from that play. So, he was nice and assertive which was really pleasing for Denver."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back