Traded Dougal Howard [traded to St Kilda with Ryder in complex deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would happily hand over next years first for Howard. We’ll likely want to get rid of it anyway because of McInness (NGA) and it would allow us to release Moore forward so we have can actually play with a real KPF and not a gangly American giant who has 2 good games a year.
Out of all the names thrown on the trade table this year Howard is the top one i want to keep around. SPP next then after that not really concerned what happens as long as Ken isn't running the show and we can secure Lukosius and next year Rankin i would be pretty happy also wouldnt mind Cripps just throwing out there

3rd rounder? what a joke, the bloke broke the record for 1 percenters in a game so he can obviously read the footy plus hes 2 metres tall.

My guess is that he will end up at Hawthorn, he would thrive there, and i can see him pushing for the AA 40 squad.

3rd rounder? what a joke, the bloke broke the record for 1 percenters in a game so he can obviously read the footy plus hes 2 metres tall.

My guess is that he will end up at Hawthorn, he would thrive there, and i can see him pushing for the AA 40 squad.
Love him at Hawthorn, have we even been linked to him though?

He is a perfect fit where he is you all can have westy instead. FULL STOP HOWARD IS STAYING IN THE TEAL!
Tom Browne reported on MMM an hour ago that Collingwood are indeed chasing Howard.

Tom Browne reported on MMM an hour ago that Collingwood are indeed chasing Howard.
Good on them, with the pies salary cap problems and the money thrown at Grundy to stick around plus De Goey and Moores contracts expiring next year im sure they will have the coin to pull it off especially considering Howards got 3 years to run on his contract.... just heard from a friends, mums, sisters, cousins ex lover that Collingwood are a bunch of flogs. Must make it true than

Good on them, with the pies salary cap problems and the money thrown at Grundy to stick around plus De Goey and Moores contracts expiring next year im sure they will have the coin to pull it off especially considering Howards got 3 years to run on his contract.... just heard from a friends, mums, sisters, cousins ex lover that Collingwood are a bunch of flogs. Must make it true than
Super bitter about a rumour from Tom Browne.

Nice melt

And how do you know about the Salary Cap at Collingwood. Do you work there? No. No-one knows.

And how do you know about the Salary Cap at Collingwood. Do you work there? No. No-one knows.
Well i know enough to say they can only afford 3 out of 7 Grundy contract years. Look at the quality they have in the side Pies have one of the best outfits in the comp with some really high value players im sure the Pies salary cap is fine tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i know enough to say they can only afford 3 out of 7 Grundy contract years. Look at the quality they have in the side Pies have one of the best outfits in the comp with some really high value players im sure the Pies salary cap is fine tho
Contract length has nothing to do with available $$$. If anything a longer contract is better from a club salary cap position, as players are willing to play for a little less in exchange for the added security.
From a negotiation viewpoint, this all seems to be pretty run of the mill stuff. Grundy’s management asks for 7 years, Collingwood counter with 3 and they eventually split the difference at 5 years.

Regardless of that though, I’m not sure what the potential trade price of Dougal Howard has to do with our salary cap. It’s not like he’s even a current lock in your 22, so he wouldn’t be on excessive money unless Port are paying him way over the odds?

Would Howard in mean Collingwood revisit Moore forward?
That would be the logical conclusion. Much easier and cheaper to get a key defender than it is to get a good key forward, and we already have a potential gun key forward in Moore on the list. It’s the move I’d be making.

That would be the logical conclusion. Much easier and cheaper to get a key defender than it is to get a good key forward, and we already have a potential gun key forward in Moore on the list. It’s the move I’d be making.
Rough, Howard, Howe

Moore, Mihocek, De Goey

Build around that and it looks good if all stay fit for the majority.

Contract length has nothing to do with available $$$. If anything a longer contract is better from a club salary cap position, as players are willing to play for a little less in exchange for the added security.
From a negotiation viewpoint, this all seems to be pretty run of the mill stuff. Grundy’s management asks for 7 years, Collingwood counter with 3 and they eventually split the difference at 5 years.

Regardless of that though, I’m not sure what the potential trade price of Dougal Howard has to do with our salary cap. It’s not like he’s even a current lock in your 22, so he wouldn’t be on excessive money unless Port are paying him way over the odds?
Hes not a lock in 22 because of coaching favouritism towards westy over howard. Everyone who supports the club values howard and would select him in the best 22 no ifs buts or maybes

Hes not a lock in 22 because of coaching favouritism towards westy over howard. Everyone who supports the club values howard and would select him in the best 22 no ifs buts or maybes
Ok, but the supporters don’t select the team, so that’s really pretty irrelevant. It’s like me saying Matt Scharenberg is best 22 (which I believe he should be) when he was dropped for our finals series.

That’s actually a massive lie. fact!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, but the supporters don’t select the team, so that’s really pretty irrelevant. It’s like me saying Matt Scharenberg is best 22 (which I believe he should be) when he was dropped for our finals
Ok, but the supporters don’t select the team, so that’s really pretty irrelevant. It’s like me saying Matt Scharenberg is best 22 (which I believe he should be) when he was dropped for our finals series.
yes true but had we had someone coaching who was qualified he would be in the best 22

yes true but had we had someone coaching who was qualified he would be in the best 22
In your opinion. Cold hard fact is that he was in and out of the 22 without an established position this year. As I said earlier, I rate him, and would be happy to part with our 2020 first in a trade for him given his contract circumstances, but he’s not a current best 22 lock regardless of what you or anyone else outside the PA selection panel says.

In your opinion. Cold hard fact is that he was in and out of the 22 without an established position this year. As I said earlier, I rate him, and would be happy to part with our 2020 first in a trade for him given his contract circumstances, but he’s not a current best 22 lock regardless of what you or anyone else outside the PA selection panel says.
Fair call, point taken. Regardless of the facts and fictions id personally keep him as he is a good utility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back