Essendon Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Line in the Sand.....MK II

knobs breath - wow you must be pissed.

i've been signing off my posts for 4-5 years on the net, your the first to get annoyed. Its just a habit.

This is an 'Essendon' thread.

If you want one way discussion that's fine, but a few of you are breathing fire and brimstone at the Bombers and whilst we wont take a step back, all you do is get suspended.

My money is on Sam Mitchell he's dic%head enough to be the first. perhaps a sportsbet option?

Cheer up, Buddy might get off. :thumbsu:

Redb

The Hawks will put their argo towards eyes on the ball and on the score board.... i suspect this will be a tough and highly emotional game, much to the disliking of the afl.

Given the bombers and hawks history, all the players playing on saturday may well just be suspended before finals start.

Re: Line in the Sand.....MK II

Stick it up em boys. I dont care whos out ( I secretly do) we ar going to win anyway. Stick it right up em!)

Re: Essendon discussion

Not a star yet. How ever yes had been impressive in his games played this year, will be interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off.:cool:

I hope so our score board needs it.

I'm really pumped for Moss' return. He came back last week for Box Hill and kicked a bag of 3 or 4 and I'm pretty sure faired in the best. Not bad for 10 weeks out!

Seeing as this forward line has never played together before, it should really catch the scum by surprise. Ossie, Cyril, Bateman, Moss and McGlynn?
An arc full of fast little short people that will run riot! Renouf has some good hands on him, if we play him out of the square hopefully his set shots arent too far out and he can actually convert. Dowler's confidence should improve after last week so we can expect him to capitalise on that.

We can win this! Go hawks!!

Umpires for this match:

UMPIRES 9 Stevic, 11 McLaren, 25 S Ryan

Bloody McLaren...

I have given this serious consideration and here is my prediction:

HAWKS by 60+

Dowler - 5 goals
Hodge - 4
Rioli - 3
Moss - 3
Ossie - 2
Singles to Mitchell, Bateman, McGlynn, Renouf, Sewell, Shiels, Savage, Shoenmakers (when he runs off Lloyd in the 3rd), Brown, Milne, Gilham (when he runs off Lloyd in the 4th)

28 goals should be enough to get us over the line.

Has anyone realised our secret weopon has returned. Gary Moss is a star, and will run riot! I hope noone has forgotten the bags of 4 he kept kicking before he got injured.

Yep, I'm a big fan of the Cat in the Hat too. He's really earned his spot this year. Hope he carves em up. To be honest, Essendon is probably one team you can get away against with a non-existent back line and a tiny forward line.

$1.01 for him to whack someone in the first quarter. And considering Dog Rance proved that punching someone in the face is okay, he'll be right to play next week
Well a precedent was set last week RE Rance

I have given this serious consideration and here is my prediction:

HAWKS by 60+

Dowler - 5 goals
Hodge - 4
Rioli - 3
Moss - 3
Ossie - 2
Singles to Mitchell, Bateman, McGlynn, Renouf, Sewell, Shiels, Savage, Shoenmakers (when he runs off Lloyd in the 3rd), Brown, Milne, Gilham (when he runs off Lloyd in the 4th)

28 goals should be enough to get us over the line.

If that happens I will shout you a dozen free beers anytime you like.

I'm liking the spirit in the room peoples. i'm tipping that guts will be busted out there tomorrow and nothing left in the tank, My big hope is that we have a 3man forward line and congest the F*** out of the middle. Renouf at CHF to contest everything. and Dowler at FF to give us a deep marking option. The joker in the pack will be JUNIOR. Between those 3 I think will give the rest of the team time and manpower to concentrate on negating their midfield. Expect a huge game from the GENERAL and ofcourse the SKIPPER..... BIG MAX will definitely kick a couple, and THE ROLLING STONE (mossy) will also chip in for a couple... Go the BUDDY Hawks and lets keep going so that THE No.23 can play in the prelim.... Cheers to all and barrack hard cos this is what footy's all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking the spirit in the room peoples. i'm tipping that guts will be busted out there tomorrow and nothing left in the tank, My big hope is that we have a 3man forward line and congest the F*** out of the middle. Renouf at CHF to contest everything. and Dowler at FF to give us a deep marking option. The joker in the pack will be JUNIOR. Between those 3 I think will give the rest of the team time and manpower to concentrate on negating their midfield. Expect a huge game from the GENERAL and ofcourse the SKIPPER..... BIG MAX will definitely kick a couple, and THE ROLLING STONE (mossy) will also chip in for a couple... Go the BUDDY Hawks and lets keep going so that THE No.23 can play in the prelim.... Cheers to all and barrack hard cos this is what footy's all about.

I got a feeling we are going to get past the bomber only to lose to Carlton or adelaide. That is when the Buddy decision is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.:mad::(

I got a feeling we are going to get past the bomber only to lose to Carlton or adelaide. That is when the Buddy decision is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.:mad::(
AND i get the feeling that if the kids can get over the bombres , we will get a few back, Roughy, Willo and DEW.. but it all depends on sat.. so have faith mate, barrack hard

Who do you think will match-up on their forward line? Hurley is playing half-forward this weekend, apparently.

Schoenmakers v Hurley
Birchall v Lloyd
Gilham v Neagle
Brown v Welsh
Milne v Monfries
Savage v Winderlich

Don't know if Murphy will be playing back today or not. My predictions probably won't even be close.

Final Matchups

Round 22

HAWTHORN v ESSENDON
Hawthorn
B:
Campbell Brown, Stephen Gilham, Grant Birchall
HB: Luke Hodge, Ryan Schoenmakers, Shane Savage
C: Beau Muston, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
HF: Ben McGlynn, Beau Dowler, Chance Bateman
F: Cyril Rioli, Tom Murphy, Michael Osborne
Foll: Max Bailey, Brad Sewell, Liam Shiels
I/C: Garry Moss, Josh Kennedy, Riley Milne, Brent Renouf

Changes to the selected side
Nil

No Late changes, only thing different is that Murphy has replaced Renouf as the named FF. Maybe we will see him play forward this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back