Essendon will be 2018's Bulldogs/Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever exaggerate

na but seriously ive seen about 10 seperate posters say it
:D

A scrapper who is adept at winning the hard footy at the bottom of the pack.

We also need to fix our set ups. Bellchambers one the HO the majority of the time and we still lost the clearances.

If you watch the Dream Time game we win the first couple of centre clearances then the Tigers adjusted and we were pansted from then on.

rockliff is pretty much exactly what you described haha

Hopefully both Langford and Laverde can step up to be that big bodied mid we need. Laverde is strong, fast, tough and has decent skills, but just needs a decent run at senior games in the midfield. Now with Jobe gone, he may get that opportunity. A future midfield of Zerrett, Parish, Langford, Laverde, Mcgrath and Heppell has a great mix of outside/inside players.

I also think that Bellchambers is a very good ruckman. He is not elite, but is able to match it with some of the best in the competition.

Z Merrett is a jet but he desperately needs some support from a couple of bash & crash beast mids - the EF against Sydney was a portal into his future getting targeted and bashed up at every opportunity and he didn't cope well at all to it. Can anybody on the list provide some grunt and cover in the middle?

Worsfold is the other issue. He is a bog ordinary coach - was perfect for them to steady the ship when the players were on their doping bans and he was playing the kids, but his tactical nous has never been much chop. I'd actually be more bullish about Essendon in 2019 if they fell in a heap next year, sacked Worsfold and drafted/traded for inside beast mids - they have everything else sorted.

This pretty much sums up Essendon right now.

The Bulldogs were kicked out finals in the first week (like us in 2017) and Tigers didn't even make the 8 the year before they won their respective flags. A flag can come from anywhere these days. And with the talent we've recruited this off-season to go along with our 3 2017 All-Australians (+ Heppell, Hooker, Goddard as former AAs) we're right in the hunt.

Can't wait to see Dyson Heppell standing on the dais as a premiership captain. Just 11 months to go.
Do they have a dais for the longest kick competition these days do they?

In another era, Stringer's indiscretions would have been normal or at the very least brushed off.

Personally I don't believe what he has done, at least that which has been revealed so far, is that egregious. He hasn't assaulted anyone, everyone involved has been consenting. It's just a shitty moral thing. But again that depends on your sense of morals. I've worked with bosses who've done similar deeds and they were 40-something men with teenage children (this is a far worse time to betray your partner, at least in the eyes of your children). I'm not going to object to working with people just because they idiotically act on normal sexual desires.

Obviously footy clubs are different to your normal workplace, and the Dogs need a little more trust in their teammates than I do with my colleagues.

But a 22 year old bloke rooting around on his girlfriend is pretty much par for the course, and has been for all of human history. It's just his circumstances were unusually mature for someone his age in the modern era.
Except that isn't his main issue, if it were only that he would still be at the Dogs!

If the Bombers want to do a Tiger or Dogs they need to work out how to win contested Footy consistently. The players they recruited are not known for that so they need to get it from their midfield group.

essendon has a great young list, but i think they are 4 or 5 years away from doing any damage in september, it took harwick 8 years to get us a flag. Bomers need to stick with woosha, your time will come..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok ok he can just clear the goal line from 50. Maybe he’ll enter the longest kick this year. He will certainly be free on the day
You were less bitter before the flag. ****ed if I know how that works.

And then another team will be 2019's Bombers/Richmond/Bulldogs.

Let's just leave these contrasts alone and say Essendon will be 2018 flag winners.

We love shitting on the Bombers' midfield but honestly it's not like there are any strong midfields in the afl anymore.

Maybe only Collingwood would've stood a chance at winning a contested possession against the 2007-11 Cats or the three peat Lions and even then if they got a clearance they'd jut turn it over immediately.

Geelong are inconsistent, sometimes their midfield can dominate the opposition like the SF but this year but there's often long stretches of time where they're just nonexistent.

Bulldogs certainly didn't have a strong midfield on paper + Kennedy torched them . Richmond are pretty good in the guts but ultimately it is down to Prestia Cotchin and Martin to win the contested footy so relative to most premiership teams it's an average midfield.

The constant of the last two premiership winning teams is pressure around the footy and the Dons have a fair amount of that already up forward with Orazio and Walla. They will need Myers, McGrath, Parish to lift but on talent I can't see how those three are inferior to Lambert, Graham and Grigg.

And obviously Essendon has far better bookends than the last two flag winning sides. Daniher and Hurley are AA locks for the next 5 years, Hooker is a really solid forward fifty target and a strong mark who can also go down back and lock down opposition forwards. Hartley and Stewart are two very solid pieces of tall timber who, again IMO can definitely replicate a David Astbury, Zaine Cordy, Joel Hamling etc.

If Richmond can win a flag, seriously anyone can win a flag as long as the have the right gameplan. Hardwick hit the nail on the head, Worsfold has pedigree so he'd be a chance to create a similarly successful game plan for the bombers next year.

Ultimately though I feel were just waiting for GWS to finally get their act together and torch everyone.

We love shitting on the Bombers' midfield but honestly it's not like there are any strong midfields in the afl anymore.

Maybe only Collingwood would've stood a chance at winning a contested possession against the 2007-11 Cats or the three peat Lions and even then if they got a clearance they'd jut turn it over immediately.

Geelong are inconsistent, sometimes their midfield can dominate the opposition like the SF but this year but there's often long stretches of time where they're just nonexistent.

Bulldogs certainly didn't have a strong midfield on paper + Kennedy torched them . Richmond are pretty good in the guts but ultimately it is down to Prestia Cotchin and Martin to win the contested footy so relative to most premiership teams it's an average midfield.

The constant of the last two premiership winning teams is pressure around the footy and the Dons have a fair amount of that already up forward with Orazio and Walla. They will need Myers, McGrath, Parish to lift but on talent I can't see how those three are inferior to Lambert, Graham and Grigg.

And obviously Essendon has far better bookends than the last two flag winning sides. Daniher and Hurley are AA locks for the next 5 years, Hooker is a really solid forward fifty target and a strong mark who can also go down back and lock down opposition forwards. Hartley and Stewart are two very solid pieces of tall timber who, again IMO can definitely replicate a David Astbury, Zaine Cordy, Joel Hamling etc.

If Richmond can win a flag, seriously anyone can win a flag as long as the have the right gameplan. Hardwick hit the nail on the head, Worsfold has pedigree so he'd be a chance to create a similarly successful game plan for the bombers next year.

Ultimately though I feel were just waiting for GWS to finally get their act together and torch everyone.
The delusion is strong in you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Average midfield with 2 Brownlow medalists in the middle. Please don't ever post again. Truly you are an embarrassment.

[/QUOTE] The constant of the last two premiership winning teams is pressure around the footy and the Dons have a fair amount of that already up forward with Orazio and Walla. They will need Myers, McGrath, Parish to lift but on talent I can't see how those three are inferior to Lambert, Graham and Grigg.

McGrath and Parish may be superior to the Richmond 3 one day, but right now as midfielders they are a fair way behind. Lambert just came of a 3rd in the best and fairest & Grigg averages about 25 possessions and is a seasoned midfielder. Graham is exactly what the bombers need, midfield grunt and 85kgs already but as he is young we'll wait and see. Myers is in and out of the side.

Bizarre post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back