Essendon will be 2018's Bulldogs/Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never trolled Essendon about the drug stuff, it is just that some supporters weren't ready to accept the reality of what was happening at the time, and, quite understandably, were a bit prickly when opposition fans pointed it out.

I'm well over the whole thing where Essendon were the first club in footy history to have their entire team suspended for a year due to a systematic doping program run by their beloved golden child who literally brought the club he idolized, and idolized him in turn, to its knees, made the club which named a stand after his own grandfather the laughing stock of the competition.

As I've said in the OP of this thread I really rate some of the Essendon players.

I'd be really keen to - and I can offer a guarantee that I wouldn't mention the Saga stuff out of context - have a thread on your board where I can give my assessment of how the boys going week to week, perhaps offer some tips and pointers that you guys could print off then run up to Tullamarine and leave on Woosha's desk after training.

I think it would show that the Essendon BigFooty crew are over the Saga stuff once for all, would be a good gesture of healing and a demonstration that Essendon fans truly are the greatest in the world, as you guys have kept saying over the last few years.

What do you reckon Lance Uppercut Beerfish - you'd post on my thread on your board in the right spirit yeah?
Lol

Richmond are nothing like Essendon though. They actually have a midfield and Dusty. Richmond would not have even been in the GF without him.

Essendon have Darcy Parish.

Richmond are nothing like Essendon though. They actually have a midfield and Dusty. Richmond would not have even been in the GF without him.
I reckon us winning the flag would give you nightmares Thrawny.

I've never trolled Essendon about the drug stuff, it is just that some supporters weren't ready to accept the reality of what was happening at the time, and, quite understandably, were a bit prickly when opposition fans pointed it out.

I'm well over the whole thing where Essendon were the first club in footy history to have their entire team suspended for a year due to a systematic doping program run by their beloved golden child who literally brought the club he idolized, and idolized him in turn, to its knees, made the club which named a stand after his own grandfather the laughing stock of the competition.

As I've said in the OP of this thread I really rate some of the Essendon players.

I'd be really keen to - and I can offer a guarantee that I wouldn't mention the Saga stuff out of context - have a thread on your board where I can give my assessment of how the boys going week to week, perhaps offer some tips and pointers that you guys could print off then run up to Tullamarine and leave on Woosha's desk after training.

I think it would show that the Essendon BigFooty crew are over the Saga stuff once for all, would be a good gesture of healing and a demonstration that Essendon fans truly are the greatest in the world, as you guys have kept saying over the last few years.

What do you reckon Lance Uppercut Beerfish - you'd post on my thread on your board in the right spirit yeah?
I believe the Essendon board already has a dedicated thread for delusional posts.

I reckon us winning the flag would give you nightmares Thrawny.
No s**t, Sherlock.

It's in our blood to have nightmares of Essendon flags. Especially the next one, as it's the race to 17th and bragging rights. I'd rather have Collingwood winning it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go find a brown paper bag...

Hmm.. I'd consider it if in return we can have a thread on the North board where we can give our assessment of how the boys are going week to week, perhaps offer some tips and pointers that you guys could print off then run down to Arden Street and leave on Scotty's milk crate after training. I can offer a guarantee that we wouldn't mention tin rattling, folding, merging or relocation out of context.

I think it would show that the North Melbourne BigFooty crew are over the massive chip they collectively carry around on their shoulders about being kept down by the man and everyone else in general once and for all, would be a good gesture of healing and a demonstration that North Melbourne fans truly are the greatest in the world, as you guys have kept saying over the last few years.

Hmm.. I'd consider it if in return we can have a thread on the North board where we can give our assessment of how the boys are going week to week, perhaps offer some tips and pointers that you guys could print off then run down to Arden Street and leave on Scotty's milk crate after training. I can offer a guarantee that we wouldn't mention tin rattling, folding, merging or relocation out of context.

I think it would show that the North Melbourne BigFooty crew are over the massive chip they collectively carry around on their shoulders about being kept down by the man and everyone else in general once and for all, would be a good gesture of healing and a demonstration that North Melbourne fans truly are the greatest in the world, as you guys have kept saying over the last few years.

But we don't need any advice off Essendon as a club or from its supporters.

I was 100 per cent on the money with the whole WADA imposing team wide bans for the systematic doping program thing.

If Essendon had brought me in as an advisor, rather than Martin Hardie, it would have worked out very very differently for the club - a lot better.

This post of yours illustrates the point perfectly.

North have never rattled tins in the way that is associated with the cliché - as the Dogs, Richmond etc did. That's a historical fact.

Essendon had 34 players suspended for performance enhancing drug use after a team wide doping program started by James Hird that reduced the club to a laughing stock. That's a historical fact.

But as this thread shows, I rate your players, I think you will do well this coming season.

If I were some mindless anti-Essendon troll, why would I be saying this, why would I have started this thread?

Thanks but no thanks.

You don't know til you try mate.

I reckon it would immediately be one of the most popular threads on your board.

It's never been a question of 'need' mate.

North have never rattled tins in the way that is associated with the cliché - as the Dogs, Richmond etc did. That's a historical fact.
And we would never mention it or the other stuff out of context. Hand on heart.

If I were some mindless anti-Essendon troll, why would I be saying this, why would I have started this thread?
Where did I say you were?

Do you realise that your moderators are so terrified of me that I have been banned from even looking at your board for the past 5 years?

I think you guys need to address some of your own issues first.
I don't think 'terrified' is quite the right word and correct me if I'm wrong but you've been banned from quite a few things over the last 5 years mate yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha I love it. Next level

I was 100 per cent on the money with the whole WADA imposing team wide bans for the systematic doping program thing.

If Essendon had brought me in as an advisor, rather than Martin Hardie, it would have worked out very very differently for the club - a lot better.

This post of yours illustrates the point perfectly.

Essendon had 34 players suspended for performance enhancing drug use after a team wide doping program started by James Hird that reduced the club to a laughing stock. That's a historical fact.

But as this thread shows, I rate your players, I think you will do well this coming season.

Essendon supporters were pretty on the money though on how they rated North Melbourne's list in 2017 though. A lot of us had North rated as a bottom 4 team which proved to be a lot more accurate than most North supporters. I'm sure many of us would be willing to pitch in and help you rate your team appropriately for 2018.

Look at Richmond though - had that same monkey, shook it off and then didn't stop winning finals.

That's why I reckon you are a very good chance of winning the flag in 2018.

As the last few years has shown - especially with the ban on players imposed by WADA for the performance enhancing drug regime that was James Hird's brainchild all playing out exactly as a I predicted it would - I'm one of the best informed posters on Essendon on this whole forum.

You guys should pay close attention to my Essendon related posts. Perhaps I could have a special thread on your board where I can make my observations about Essendon and engage with your supporters?

I'd be happy to do so if the mods on your board can set it up.

Lol

At every turn you simply predict (while touching yourself) the worst outcome for Essendon or whatever Essendon person you’re talking about.

It’s a default position, you can hardly claim some sort of Nostradumbass status if you get one right.

What about the times you gave us all the scoop that Hird had been sacked? And he hadn’t.

Or the times you told us how information was about to be released about Hird taking PEDs in his playing career? And it wasn’t.

Or the times you predicted the club was going down in flames, and was on the path of Glasgow Rangers? And, of course, it wasn’t.

And on the very rare occasion you switch off your default doomsaying, you even get that wrong - when the AFL Tribunal found the players not guilty, you were one of the few trolls who admitted it was over and said you accepted the umpire’s decision. Which it wasn’t.

Informed? You were making up such bullshit that you had to try to pass off your own Twitter account as a legitimate source!

Last edited:

Hey Thrawn since you predicted us to be bottom four this year and we finished 7th (apparently we were s**t in 2015 and nothing would have changed in 2017), where do you have us in 2018?

Essendon supporters were pretty on the money though on how they rated North Melbourne's list in 2017 though. A lot of us had North rated as a bottom 4 team which proved to be a lot more accurate than most North supporters. I'm sure many of us would be willing to pitch in and help you rate your team appropriately for 2018.

Indeed, these are the kinds of discussions we'd have on my thread.

FWIW I'm resigned to the fact that you'll do a lot better than us overall next year. And you'll cut us up when we play. Your style of play with the quick ball transition is kryptonite for us. Our one saving grace is we have a quality tall to play on Joe D in Robbie Taz.

We also owe Hooker one for his being a flog and rubbing Danny Nielsen's head. Nielsen will have a proper pre-season in him the next time we meet and will have more experience. I hope he can take Hooker down a peg or two.

I don't know what that means, I'm not one of these people who spends his life on the internet.

At every turn you simply predict (while touching yourself) the worst outcome for Essendon or whatever Essendon person you’re talking about.

I haven't on this thread - I'm predicting you to win the flag.

What about the times you gave us all the scoop that Hird had been sacked? And he hadn’t.

Didn't happen.

Or the times you told us how information was about to be released about Hird taking PEDs in his playing career? And it wasn’t.

Lawyers intervened and prevented publication.

Or the times you predicted the club was going down in flames, and was on the path of Glasgow Rangers? And, of course, it wasn’t.

That was me voicing a hope it would, rather than saying it would. That said, I was correct about the massive financial hit you'd take off it. $10 million in debt as a direct result no? (Albeit now being rapidly paid off)

And on the very rare occasion you switch off your default doomsaying, you even get that wrong - when the AFL Tribunal found the players not guilty, you were one of the few trolls who admitted it was over and said you accepted the umpire’s decision. Which it wasn’t.

Indeed, I'm a poster of honour and integrity. I accepted the umpire's decision. But I was always of the view that - in the immortal words of a psoetr whose name escaped me - oog abooga, WADA would come in over the top, and I was vindicated there.

Informed? You were making up such bullshit that you had to try to pass off your own Twitter account as a legitimate source!

Again, never happened. I linked to a story by someone else in my Tweet - the story was my source.

I'll put my hand up when I get it wrong - see Josh Kelly coming this year.

But that one above is something you guys have just made up.

Reality is though that on what counted, the 34 player question - would Essendon get found guilty of doping and cop player suspensions, I was 100 per cent right.

And I know your list well, and as this thread shows, I rate it.

My thread on your board would be a great way for your fans to interact with an opposition poster who is polite and articulate and able to offer an informed "outsider looking in" perspective.

Get behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back