Club Focus Essendon 2020 - Caldwell, Hund, Wright, Cox, Perkins, Reid, Eyre, Brand

AFL Club Focus

What is the biggest priority at Essendon?

• Key forwards

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Key defenders

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Big mids

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Ruck division

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Edmunds reporting Devon Smith also wants to leave?

Surely they don't expect to contend and bring in Brown when they have Daniher, Saad, Merrett, Smith all potentially leaving lol...
same report says tippa & stringer too
safe bet between now and trade week would be every player outside McGrath and Ridley (who have said they want to stay) being rumoured to want out.

Yeah I called him out years ago lol

Even his "breakout year" wasn't even that impressive, and man you should've seen all these sensitive essendon supporters harping on me lol
he's not a gun, but poor is a bit off..

He's a good small HFF. Knee injury has cost him his pace though, so one would think he's never reaching any of his previous heights again.

My View of Dons:

- Priority 1 would be to get a new list manager. 10+ Years of the same person without any finals success is just absurd. I personally find the "we must bend over the opposition club in every trade" mentality that the current operator has, just toxic egotistical nonsense. The badge of honour that is worn around this is just evidence of the culture.

- Carlton split pick 7 for Geelongs 2x (15 & 16) First Round Picks. Essendon trade Saad to Carlton for Pick 15 & 3rd Rounder.

- Essendon accept end of Round 1 compo for Daniher.

- Essendon accept late 2nd/early 3rd rounder for Orazio.

And move the f*** on.

My View of Dons:

- Priority 1 would be to get a new list manager. 10+ Years of the same person without any finals success is just absurd. I personally find the "we must bend over the opposition club in every trade" mentality that the current operator has, just toxic egotistical nonsense. The badge of honour that is worn around this is just evidence of the culture.

- Carlton split pick 7 for Geelongs 2x (15 & 16) First Round Picks. Essendon trade Saad to Carlton for Pick 15 & 3rd Rounder.

And move the f*** on.
its been 22 years since Adrian first came to the club and don't you worry. We have a whole thread dedicated to his shitness on our board so you'd be preaching to the choir on that ne

My View of Dons:

And move the f*** on.
Most of that is spot on.
Just moving Dodoro on won’t change anything though when Campbell and Richardson are pulling strings and going over the top of Dodoro. Some other bloke will just come in and be their patsy. Need to move one or both of them on first. Richardson is a cancer on the club.
I’d still cut the list deeper though also. Guys like Smith, Hooker, Hurley need to be moved on also as a minimum

Leftfield one - Brisbane end up with picks 17 & 18, Essendon match Daniher's contract forcing a trade for those two picks.
Sadd & 18 to Carlton for their first round pick (current 7)

Leftfield one - Brisbane end up with picks 17 & 18, Essendon match Daniher's contract forcing a trade for those two picks.
It's 18 and 19 (Pick 11 priority) currently but I'd do that

I Would be happy with that as a Carlton fan.

I Would be happy with that as a Carlton fan.
It's a pretty straightforward trade. Although I'd probably try to get 27 in there somehow as well.

I'd be happy with that, but it's Dodoro. What should be straight forward is never straight forward.

If Dodoro is really crazy on getting a player, then maybe Carlton add JSOS as steak knives, especially if they want JDG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two first rounders, albeit late ones, seems a bit much for an uncontracted Daniher. Wouldn't put it past us doing it, but it seems like a bit much.

Why is this a bad idea? let me know
Certainly not the dumbest idea... Probably goes over the head of Dodoro and he will demand 2 first rounders (because everything in Essington is worth that much apperantly).
I reckon you would have better luck paying 40-50% of his salary and offering your 2nd rounder or two decent 3rd rounders to a draft point hungry club with cap space (ie swans). Probably easier to stomach for both parties

Certainly not the dumbest idea... Probably goes over the head of Dodoro and he will demand 2 first rounders (because everything in Essington is worth that much apperantly).
I reckon you would have better luck paying 40-50% of his salary and offering your 2nd rounder or two decent 3rd rounders to a draft point hungry club with cap space (ie swans). Probably easier to stomach for both parties
Very fair. Seems some Swans fans like the idea

No thanks. Would rather let him walk in the draft and go to Sydney than to lose those 2 picks.

It's 18 and 19 (Pick 11 priority) currently but I'd do that

Surely no one would pay two firsts for OOC Daniher. One maybe. As we all know hasn’t played for 3 years. Most really good players have say 8 really good years. Daniher, even if he gets on the park may get 3 decent years out of himself. Suspect Dons fans will be disappointed and ruing the stubbornness last year that could have seen a really good trade outcome for them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I called him out years ago lol

Even his "breakout year" wasn't even that impressive, and man you should've seen all these sensitive essendon supporters harping on me lol

He would have been, 20, 21 and still at GWS.. That is if you bothered to watch him back then

I'd be happy with that, but it's Dodoro. What should be straight forward is never straight forward.

If Dodoro is really crazy on getting a player, then maybe Carlton add JSOS as steak knives, especially if they want JDG.

Why? Every chance you get a player at 17 or 18 that's as good as Bruhn or Cox. Why give up the extra pick? We'd be better off excepting a single pick lower down say Carlton split with Geelong for 13 and 16 and keeping the additional pick inside 20.

I don't actually mind it.

We would essentially be losing Saad + Daniher for what the trades most Essendon supporters think is ok whilst the only real difference is the compensation the other parties are getting (Carlton anyway).

Essendon out; Saad, Daniher
Ess in; Pick 7, pick 19

Carlton out; Pick 7
Carlton in; Adam Saad

Brisbane out; Pick 18, Pick 19
Brisbane in; Joe Danher

As someone else pointed out, we would be giving up Saad for pick 29 as that appears to be the points difference. Somehow it strangely works as both are out of contract.

I don't actually mind it.

We would essentially be losing Saad + Daniher for what the trades most Essendon supporters think is ok whilst the only real difference is the compensation the other parties are getting (Carlton anyway).

Essendon out; Saad, Daniher
Ess in; Pick 7, pick 19

Carlton out; Pick 7
Carlton in; Adam Saad

Brisbane out; Pick 18, Pick 19
Brisbane in; Joe Danher

As someone else pointed out, we would be giving up Saad for pick 29 as that appears to be the points difference. Somehow it strangely works as both are out of contract.
Think you are missing part of ess outs and Carlton in's as Saad is not worth pick 7

Back