Review Geelong defeats the Pies by 68 points and are into another Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Same.
The story goes Rohan and his wife have been split for a while, Rohan has recently been seeing the trainer. No cheating or anything like that going on.
Hawkins didn't do a thing.
It’s no one’s business, except the Rohans. It’s a private matter. Less than 15% of couples survive the death of a child. It’s really disappointing this is being discussed.

Wanted to post this image as I haven't seen a clip of it - second quarter boundary throw in, one time that Collingwood looked like they were going to get a clean clearance with the ball perfectly tapped for the running Adams to collect on his way past. Stanley had other ideas and laid the perfect tackle as Adams tried to kick the ball, resulting in another boundary throw in rather than a rare forward foray for the Pies

Just seemed a good example of how switched on the guys were and not wanting to give the Pies anything

Loved that from Stanley - dare I say reminiscent of Ottens run down of Pettigrew👍

It’s arguable that Collingwood played its GF against the Eagles and was well below their best.

However, the media giving us little to no credit really gives me the shits.

Let them keep underselling us. Will make it all the more sweeter should we continue to prove them wrong. :)

I don’t know if that was a game we really wanted. Collingwood didn’t turn up and we walked it in. Brisbane are going to be 1000 times more pressure next week. No resting on laurels and be prepared for an arm wrestle.
It’s good to be prepared for the worst. Scott spoke about this at half time. They expected the Pies to come out hard, go a bit more direct and have deep entries into their forward 50. And guess what happened? The Cats clamped defensively in that quarter, made sure that the pies couldn’t score at all.

Essentially, Brisbane may come out firing or they may be slow out of the blocks, but you can expect that our team will be prepared and battle hardened and will come out breathing fire.

We literally know what our weakness has been. 1) slow starts 2) allowing opposition to dominate a quarter with no response 3) poor execution in front of goal. If we manage those 3 things then we get to absorb the game and then hit back hard.

Also - who had the higher rated midfield and backline? Brisbane or Collingwood? Pretty sure it was the Pies.

It’s arguable that Collingwood played its GF against the Eagles and was well below their best.

However, the media giving us little to no credit really gives me the shits.

I dont know about that - dont listen to the media after the game - just watch the game and thats it

However re Coll playing their GF the previous week

I do think- Geelongs best performance by a mile this year - is the narrow loss to the Eagles in Perth - because that was a high tempo game - high std game - both teams had plenty of energy - whoever won that game - it was a really good win

There have been so many games this year - ( unusual cramped structure ) where one team looks physically exhausted from the opening bounce .

But you have to enjoy the win - you are a wowser if you dont . Coll had a fantastic win last week - weve had a big win last night - so you have to enjoy it - because we might get thumped next week ( and they will be writing the Geel obituaries )- hopefully not but nothing is a certainty .

James Kelly - might make a decent senior AFL coach one day - currently an assistant at Ess - he is a huge rap for Worsfold - and he said the number one thing he has learnt off Woosha - if you have a big win - you dont get on a big high - carried away - and conversely if you have a bad loss - you dont get too down in the dumps - you keep an even keel - pretty good approach that .

I’m going through the replay now. Early in the game the Pies had De Goey drop a mark, kicked one OOF, Cameron drop a pudding in the forward pocket. They’re the types of things that have happened to us in our bad finals. When it was happening to them and we were kicking straight down the other end, I knew we were good things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going through the replay now. Early in the game the Pies had De Goey drop a mark, kicked one OOF, Cameron drop a pudding in the forward pocket. They’re the types of things that have happened to us in our bad finals. When it was happening to them and we were kicking straight down the other end, I knew we were good things.

Weird thing was De Goey's dropped mark in the first quarter was a carbon copy of a similar situation that happened last time we played them, but on that occasion it was actually paid and he goaled as a result.

Poor choice of words. I think they didn’t realise we had gears or we’d find our form again. Every time they play us, their game plan makes it a contest.

Also, I just don’t get the excuses coming in for Collingwood. Yes they travelled, yes, we travelled too. They won and were euphoric and were talked up. We lost and were forensically confronted in the media.

Their two lots of 6hr travel happened 1 week apart. Bucks would not use the excuse That they were flat. Why would they be? Why would all 22 players be down? When teams look flat it’s because the opposition impose their game style onto them. They look second rate.

They were comprehensively outplayed. That’s that.
Collingwood do not travel. I think they travel the least. Just look at the sooking, when they had to travel to Geelong. They’re spoilt + over self-entitled.

Collingwood do not travel. I think they travel the least. Just look at the sooking, when they had to travel to Geelong. They’re spoilt + over self-entitled.

Apart from pre-season games, when was the last time Collingwood played in Geelong? I think it last happened some time last century.

I think the biggest compliment Buckley paid us in his post match press conference was when he mentioned his players had lost hope. Looking at the stats, and in particular the pressure factor, Collingwood were up for the fight early, but their pressure dropped off after quarter time as they came to the realisation they couldn't win.

And all it took was a team playing football - not a sly knee to the head of a downed opponent or attempt to incapacitate an opponent with a crude, unnecessary late tackle in sight.

I think I seen somewhere Miers is covering more ground than Blicavs in 2020.
Miers covered a bit more ground last night than Blicavs, but O'Connor had them both covered

7D4E0F34-2CA4-4DD6-BF41-C8E96D367C2D.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back