Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments about not enough money for Stringer and the delay makes me think (not know) we are possibly his favourites if we can put up more money.

I wonder if the delay is due to Geelong seeing what they can do. Just guessing but there are a few things that don't make sense.

The comments about not enough money for Stringer and the delay makes me think (not know) we are possibly his favourites if we can put up more money.

I wonder if the delay is due to Geelong seeing what they can do. Just guessing but there are a few things that don't make sense.

Honestly I reckon they've put far more time into Ablett and Smith that Stringer has lacked priority.

Honestly I reckon they've put far more time into Ablett and Smith that Stringer has lacked priority.

Then I think they've got the priorities back to front.

In my humble opinion, I'd suggest Smith and Stringer should've been the main targets, then Ablett with what's left over.

Obviously(I assume) Selwood and Dangerfield are our highest paid players but who would be our next top 5 payed players and are they worth the money that they're on?

Would
Surely a joke, but nothing will surprise me this time of the year. Everyone seems to get really silly.
Wouldnt surprise if scotty grabbed a few by the scruff and said we dont want privileged finals performers thinking theyve done enough around here. Either put up or **** off.
Dont think duncan would be one of them though
More like blitz lang stanley guthrie murdoch types i would have thought

Last edited:
Just seen this on Twitter:

Screenshot_20171002-172105.png

How can we be looking to move on 10 players and only have Ablett coming in? And no money for Stringer?

Article also mentions Huddo saying Ablett deal will be done soon, basically over the line already. Most likely done early in piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps still calculating how many they must trade out, and who, to create the necessary space

Absolutely, but I wouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that we're going to trade out 10 players because of that article. It was baseless.

There might be a few that depending on circumstances get traded, but other than that, I'd say that article is completely inaccurate.

Obviously(I assume) Selwood and Dangerfield are our highest paid players but who would be our next top 5 payed players and are they worth the money that they're on?
Pre TPP rise it was something like:

PFD, Joel - $800k
Hawk, Harry - $700k
Motlop, Duncan - $500k-$600k
Hendo, Smith, Tuohy, Guthrie, Scooter, Mackie, Lonergan, Stanley, Blicavs - $300k-$500k

So Barrett now saying "Geelong simply don't have the money at the minute for Stringer" but Ablett will be done but it will be very very messy.

Barrett is a ****wit. Throws out a million trade scenarios at this time of the year and when he gets 1 right it's a case of "I told you so", while ignoring the multitude that were complete crap.

It could be. Other than lang and ruggles most of our fringe guys are contracted so we can't just delist them for $ cap space we need to find other clubs to take on their contracts even if its for pick 80. So we might be trying to find new homes for ghs/murdoch/stanley/black etc which then frees up $.

That said i doubt we will match essendon's $ offer for stringer our pitch will be more about leadership lifestyle etc.

I don't think Duncan will go. But you gotta remember how crazy a lot of people thought Caddy leaving was. The exact same stuff was being said last year.
I remember one poster saying it was utter drivel that I could even think that Menzel would leave.
Duncan is awesome but if we got Lynch somehow the club would jump at it.
Extremely unlikely at best this would happen though.

Caddy didn't have a partner and a newborn, lots of differences. I get why people will speculate though but i doubt Duncan goes anywhere.

Doesn't change the fact that he has played 47 games in 5 years. Also you'd be hard-pressed to name players that he'd keep out of our best 22. Even Zuthrie is better than him.

Not arguing that just arguing with the poster who said we chose zuthrie over him in those games-we didn't as GHS was injured.

Just seen this on Twitter:

View attachment 423493

How can we be looking to move on 10 players and only have Ablett coming in? And no money for Stringer?

Article also mentions Huddo saying Ablett deal will be done soon, basically over the line already. Most likely done early in piece.
UP TO TEN PLAYERS.
UP TO
Could be 0
Could be 4
Could be Robbo not letting the truth get in the way of a story

I reckon the Ablett deal was done in principle a while ago. I do not believe the Club would lose sight of the bigger picture which is to maximise ins and outs against the salary cap, by wasting too much time on GAJ. The Cats would have said to GC this is on, or FO and then moved on. They will not have given it a second thought if GC wanted to stuff them around. My two bobs.

So, im only half listening to trade radio with it on in the background. But did they just suggest that Adelaide have inquired about Motlop and it might be a straight swap for Cameron? Or am i hearing things out of order.

Cameron likely to qld. Though they might try and bring in motlop as his replacement maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back