Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this on Twitter:

View attachment 423493

How can we be looking to move on 10 players and only have Ablett coming in? And no money for Stringer?

Article also mentions Huddo saying Ablett deal will be done soon, basically over the line already. Most likely done early in piece.
Every club will scrap 'up to' 10 players, they're just trying to spin a story out of shitty rumours.

The media are such a bunch of flog vultures, not worth listening to until they have a concrete story.

I reckon the Ablett deal was done in principle a while ago. I do not believe the Club would lose sight of the bigger picture which is to maximise ins and outs against the salary cap, by wasting too much time on GAJ. The Cats would have said to GC this is on, or FO and then moved on. They will not have given it a second thought if GC wanted to stuff them around. My two bobs.

Hopefully that's true i hope the club does it that way too.

When you click on here go back to the last post you read. Has the article, information or whatever already been posted? Then don’t post it again. You can still engage in the discussion but add to what’s been discussed, read other people’s views then add yours. If you can’t be bothered to do that but you want people to engage with something that’s already been discussed give trade radio a call.

Obviously(I assume) Selwood and Dangerfield are our highest paid players but who would be our next top 5 payed players and are they worth the money that they're on?
I think this is a key point. Danger and Selwood are on unders from what they could get. So we have two guns at a bargain price. That would suggest we should have more room in the salary cap but we don't, so we are paying overs for some other players. From what I hear, Hawkins is on comparative dollars to Selwood and Danger. I don't think we're getting our moneys worth if thats the case.

Nah GHS and Thurlow can stay thanks

The rest are tradable/delist
Ghs has had as few games as cowan and he's been available. Please! Talking of list cloggers. I dont care if he is the best character since sergeant schultz. Stop the ****ing Georgie hoopla lardeda bullshit and get with the ****ing program cats. Pathetic nonsense.

Caddy didn't have a partner and a newborn, lots of differences. I get why people will speculate though but i doubt Duncan goes anywhere.
There's also a massive difference from the club's perspective in letting a limited player like Caddy, who was on the fringe of the 22 with the emergence of Menegola, go, than Duncan who's easily in our top 3 performers, and a member of our leadership group.

The situations aren't really comparable in my view.

Pre TPP rise it was something like:

PFD, Joel - $800k
Hawk, Harry - $700k
Motlop, Duncan - $500k-$600k
Hendo, Smith, Tuohy, Guthrie, Scooter, Mackie, Lonergan, Stanley, Blicavs - $300k-$500k
Pre TPP rise it was something like:

PFD, Joel - $800k
Hawk, Harry - $700k
Motlop, Duncan - $500k-$600k
Hendo, Smith, Tuohy, Guthrie, Scooter, Mackie, Lonergan, Stanley, Blicavs - $300k-$500k

Compare that to Richmond who've just won the flag, are paying $1.2 - 1.3 mill for Dusty....
So 400,000 to 500,000 more a season than our top player...

We should have more money up our sleeve, someone or many players are getting over their worth.

How many rookies do we have? Drop all those, three retirees, that would be up around there. Especially with mots and Menz included
Next year, the rookies are eligible to play from round 1 without long term injuries required to elevate them.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...8/news-story/4b9f814f27debec43c03fcf969477483

This means that the rookies aren't just back-ups anymore. Any one of them who blitz it on the track may take a senior players spot.

I seriously expect a couple of them to step up. Parfait, our draftee, had an injury interrupted 2016, yet he started in the team and solidified his spot. There's no reason why a rookie couldn't do the same. Well's has probably known this for a while and his recent rookies are probably decent.

Compare that to Richmond who've just won the flag, are paying $1.2 - 1.3 mill for Dusty....
So 400,000 to 500,000 more a season than our top player...

We should have more money up our sleeve, someone or many players are getting over their worth.
We were also paying Bartel this season.
I reckon there is way more cash available than people think.

Every club will scrap 'up to' 10 players, they're just trying to spin a story out of shitty rumours.

The media are such a bunch of flog vultures, not worth listening to until they have a concrete story.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Like mentioned it wouldn't surprise if 8-10 player's were ousted with retirees, delisting and trades/FA.

Was more referring to it to point out the club has a clear plan if looking to make room.

Imo they would seem confident in their ability to get players in. That's how I see it.

Ghs has had as few games as cowan and he's been available. Please! Talking of list cloggers. I dont care if he is the best character since sergeant schultz. Stop the ******* Georgie hoopla lardeda bullshit and get with the ******* program cats. Pathetic nonsense.
There's slow and then there's GHS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dd485190914453d6a2a74455b7b3bd27.jpg

Here is a bit of read from SEN on stringer and Watts

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whole Lang situation makes no sense. Last year both he and the club turned down Carlton and he was talked about as the big improver in pre-season. Apart from his broken leg he had a pretty handy year including coming in off limited preparation to have a huge final against Sydney and then was one of our better performers against Adelaide (admittedly not saying much). Now we're not even offering him a contact? That's madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back