Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

I thought that was highly unusual. A kid we don't have in our academy or father son system.

You think they're just trying to fly a flag to ward off others to try land at whatever we get for sav?
I think it's just as simple as "this 18yo kid just walked in and was our best player this week amongst grown men".

Also worth a look from Fox Footy's page:
1692319581881.png

236 touches in a game! Can't overlook that sort of commitment ;)

I think it's just as simple as "this 18yo kid just walked in and was our best player this week amongst grown men".

View attachment 1777299

What I'm most impressed by is the recovery from this effort to back up and play again the next week. Normally a bout of leather poisoning as extreme as that one would have a player hospitalised and on an IV drip for several months.

:cool:

He answered his own question. Kids these days scroll and like everything and he is way off base

Yes Kids. Is he is the system yet? Is he in the system when he is part of the machine.

It some ways it reminds me of the movie Draft Day .... where the Costner tells off the Chadwick Bosman character ... Vontae Mack for posting something on the social media...

The concept of distributing talent has become its own entity and it bigger than just calling a name at a number. Its draws attention and so much outside noise beyond its true relevance that something as insignificant as a "Like" is news worthy.

View attachment 1777299

Any idea what Hardies numbers were in the sanfl? I have liked George for while , I think I first mentioned him going back to the champs in mid June. Back then his midfield was being question but he has answered that.

He can rack up the numbers at the source. Getting possessions is important .. just as him having the talents that are transferable..like running speed and stamina.

If his numbers at the combine stack up he becomes a real late R1 pick. If his numbers are poor ..he probably slips.

Best chance for high end talent would be if someone like Nick Watson slides due to his height (170cm).

The thing i like about him is his difference. he would create a real match up issue. One would think someone like Suns should look at him due to that.

For us ...it would potentially change our forwardline in the future. He is probably very talented version of a clone of Miers and Caleb Daniel. Id not limit what he could do at an afl level based on a few cms. but it would not really be a big surprise to see him slip.

But in his latest interview he said his goal is to play as an inside mid?
Longer term, IMO that's where he should play.

Footy has changed slightly - it used to be slow blokes in the centre, fast blokes on the outside. Now, to a certain degree, it's explosive players (Petracca, Bont, Danger) in the guts, and guys who can run all day (Menegola, Hill, Langdon) on the outside.

Pretty sure that reports like on Wilson would only increase his appeal. He sounds like a potential combine star

‘Ridiculous’ high-end runner​

A first-round draft prospect has been compared to a Carlton rising star as he too eyes a role on a wing at AFL level.

Murray Bushrangers midfielder Darcy Wilson has excited in the Coates Talent League this season and shapes as one of the most athletically gifted players in this year’s draft pool.

Wilson ranked fifth in the Yo-Yo test during Victorian pre-season testing in March and has transferred that running ability onto the field this season.

He racked up a season-high 35 disposals for the Bushrangers in their round 15 win last weekend, along with seven marks, six clearances and a goal.

Carlton wingman Ollie Hollands, who was this week’s AFL Rising Star nominee, also came through the Bushrangers program before being selected at pick 11 in last year’s national draft.

“He (Wilson) logs twice as many high-speed metres – or he did on the weekend – as what Ollie Hollands did when played with us,” Bushrangers coach Mark Brown said.

“His high-end running speed is ridiculous. That allows him to get to a lot of contests.”

While Wilson has been playing largely onball for the Bushrangers, a role on a wing beckons in the AFL.

“He lends perfectly to the wing,” Brown said.

“He’s also got some really good forward craft and he’s hitting the scoreboard pretty consistently and he’s a really nice mark.

“He’s got a lot of upside, no doubt.”

Sounds a LOT like Gulden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longer term, IMO that's where he should play.

Footy has changed slightly - it used to be slow blokes in the centre, fast blokes on the outside. Now, to a certain degree, it's explosive players (Petracca, Bont, Danger) in the guts, and guys who can run all day (Menegola, Hill, Langdon) on the outside.
Traditional Knevitt centreman and Holmes wing gets swapped

Even if it just we've up being a learning opportunity for then both it's worth it

I think there is probably an element of the Bowes factor. And the 2mp factor. A generous contract reduced by playing 2's. Could land at Melb (for example) and then make GC look silly but they are moving into window where they are going to lose players because they have so much younger talent coming thru. The four academy kids this year will not be the last. They cant keep every one.

I’m not really interested why he’s not playing this season, more why he’s never had a long term go as a CBA mid despite whenever he does he seems to, atleast numbers wise, be borderline elite, numbers very similar to Parish.

Why is there friction? What's happened?
When a 'good' team is having a poor run, there's always rumours of internal friction and conflicts.

It can't possibly be that blokes are sore or injured or have had interrupted pre-seasons, it's gotta be some big hidden scandal tearing the club apart!

When a 'good' team is having a poor run, there's always rumours of internal friction and conflicts.

It can't possibly be that blokes are sore or injured or have had interrupted pre-seasons, it's gotta be some big hidden scandal tearing the club apart!
It can also just be that people who are used to winning are not good at losing.

Not only that, it's to be expected when you have 40 odd alpha males around each other 24/7. I really don't see the issue even if it is true.

The same was rumoured about Carlton earlier in the year. They recognised the issue, and planned a mid season retreat.

They had a few beers, told some home truths and suddenly they're running like mad men to play for each other.

The Hawthorn captain James Sicily was involved in a punch on during pre-season. Fast forward to now, and he's their most important player and the players love him.

These things happen all the time, particularly when you're not playing well. Think about it, do any of us love all 40 something people in our workplace or school all the time?

It's only a true issue when you get into Carey/Stevens territory, and we're a mile away from that.

I hear there is some serious friction amongst the playing group. I know for a fact that teams are chasing both Clark and Holmes. Whether they are gettable is another story

I actually asked about this very thing a few weeks ago......of Jhye Clark 13 if I remember correctly, though I can't remember why I directed the question to him......

There's been something about the body language of the playing group that prompted me to ask the question. It's interesting you've now heard something along those lines

I still think the obvious call was dev Robertson who I think would have got more opportunities with us and would have looked better than he does at Brisbane now
Robertson is an honest battler at best.

He would have likely got the same opportunities with us as Cooper did - ie. none

They are very similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back