• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenverg

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo (sub)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How could I possibly take your opinion on a Fogarty seriously when you think Mitch McGovern is worth a top 5 pick in a trade

And still standing by it

Anyone here would think you’ve lost your marbles

But you’ll find a way to deflect

Let me clear Jeff. You holding out your approval as meaning something is delusional. It’s never meant something and your repeated melt downs in recent days hasn’t helped.

And yes, of course I stand by it (for the second time in recent minutes) - why wouldn’t I? I was right.

Now if you get 3 more asinine posts you’ll get your 💯 badge for King Spam in this thread.

Is that the goal here? Asinine gibberish to bring up the tonne

Let me clear Jeff. You holding out your approval as meaning something is delusional. It’s never meant something and your repeated melt downs in recent days hasn’t helped.

And yes, of course I stand by it (for the second time in recent minutes) - why wouldn’t I? I was right.

Now if you get 3 more asinine posts you’ll get your 💯 badge for King Spam in this thread.

Is that the goal here? Asinine gibberish to bring up the tonne
So you’re the only guy in Australia that thinks Mitch McGovern is worth a top 5 pick and the rest of Australia is wrong !

You’re a comic genius !

Ps I’m not having a meltdown , I’m having fun

98 ….

Where would he sit in your current midfield? First or second best? Better than Lyons?

Offers more than J.Berry at this stage if I'm being honest.

He's your best midfielder right now (or very very close second best) whether you like it or not. Appreciate him for what he's doing. You'll get some more class around him as time goes on but I reckon you'll have to get used to it, will be a long while before he's pushed out.

Now you're pushing it, Jarrod is the more damaging player with his disposal and size.

Jarrod definitely has the potential but he has been somewhat underwhelming thus far. Injuries have played a part of course. But doesn't have the runs on the board yet

I disagree, you need to put the fact he was delisted by Brisbane who have a stacked midfield out of your thinking....I'll refer you to the fact that one of the most astute and highly acclaimed Head Recruiters/List Managers in the history of the AFL the Swans Kinnear Beatson bid on the then Brisbane Academy's Ben Keays in his draft year....he doesn't get many wrong and he certainly didn't with Ben.

I’m sure we’ll see Ben stolen from us by a flag contender. He’s that good. Right? Or is he just another
Let’s go with Dawson, he’s played his best footy not as a midfielder and we want to turn him into one.

In 2020 and 2021 the first non-usual given a crack in the inside rotation was Paul Seedsman. Failed in 2020 and then again in 2021. It’s comical how far we’ll go to not play newly drafted mids in the actual role they were drafted to play.

I still remember a game at the GABBA and seeing a young 28 odd year old Mackay at a centre bounce whilst Jarryd Lyons was standing on a wing.

There’s a philosophy written down somewhere that every coach we recruit must agree with before getting a gig with us. Playing injured seniors no matter how banged up and ineffective, continuity+experience=4 points, never looking further ahead than those 4 points on offer the next weekend, mids only being blooded ahead of the ball, infatuation with raw midfield stats, acceptance of zero pressure between the arcs and hoping the defensive group can win possession against unpressured delivery, believing out-heighting a defensive group is a viable strategy for inside 50 entry.

The faces change, but nothing else does. The inherent culture and philosophies of the club have finally become DNA. Nothing will change until we get a footy manager like Balme in that can challenge existing philosophies rather than the next L Plater that didn’t have the credentials for the gig in the first place and won’t rock the boat for fear of being shown the door.

Even then, like St Kilda did with Blight, our culture will probably just spit that person out.

I’m sure we’ll see Ben stolen from us by a flag contender. He’s that good. Right? Or is he just another

In 2020 and 2021 the first non-usual given a crack in the inside rotation was Paul Seedsman. Failed in 2020 and then again in 2021. It’s comical how far we’ll go to not play newly drafted mids in the actual role they were drafted to play.

I still remember a game at the GABBA and seeing a young 28 odd year old Mackay at a centre bounce whilst Jarryd Lyons was standing on a wing.

There’s a philosophy written down somewhere that every coach we recruit must agree with before getting a gig with us. Playing injured seniors no matter how banged up and ineffective, continuity+experience=4 points, never looking further ahead than those 4 points on offer the next weekend, mids only being blooded ahead of the ball, infatuation with raw midfield stats, acceptance of zero pressure between the arcs and hoping the defensive group can win possession against unpressured delivery, believing out-heighting a defensive group is a viable strategy for inside 50 entry.

The faces change, but nothing else does. The inherent culture and philosophies of the club have finally become DNA. Nothing will change until we get a footy manager like Balme in that can challenge existing philosophies rather than the next L Plater that didn’t have the credentials for the gig in the first place and won’t rock the boat for fear of being shown the door.

Even then, like St Kilda did with Blight, our culture will probably just spit that person out.
Yep, he's that good.
Benny has been an amazing pick up, good both on the field and by all reports just as good off field.

So you’re standing by your comment that Mitch McGovern is worth a top 5 pick ?

Remarkable

A failed forward on his last chance saloon as a intercept defender

What ya think his next contract will be worth ? 800k- 1M + per season ?

Ps how do you think Lever went last year ? As good as Mitch ?
why can't i see who you're replying to?
If it's the chicken man, welcome back old fella, but Jeff don't waste your time, he knows nothing about footy.

Watching some of the first quarter back today, why the heck is O’Brien anywhere near our forward line.

He spoiled what would’ve otherwise been easy marks for both Rachele and Fogarty; even if he marked it inside 50 he sure as s**t isn’t going to kick the goal.

Should be banned from entering our front 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching some of the first quarter back today, why the heck is O’Brien anywhere near our forward line.

He spoiled what would’ve otherwise been easy marks for both Rachele and Fogarty; even if he marked it inside 50 he sure as s**t isn’t going to kick the goal.

It's infuriating watching him take ruck contests inside 50 with Himmelberg literally 15 meters away.

Mate, Himmelberg is not going to rove your ruck work, get the * out of there and let our 200cm plodder do at least something!

But wait... weren't some posters arguing here a few weeks ago that he could be the answer to our contested marking problems in the F50?

His performance last weekend proved exactly why that argument was wrong. If the answer to contested marking in the F50 is Reilly O'Brien, then you're asking the wrong question.

You obviously didn't see him dominate up forward in a probables v possibles pasting in preseason. And of course an AFL side playing a substandard SANFL side will be replicated in the actual AFL season. Why wouldn't it?

But wait... weren't some posters arguing here a few weeks ago that he could be the answer to our contested marking problems in the F50?

His performance last weekend proved exactly why that argument was wrong. If the answer to contested marking in the F50 is Reilly O'Brien, then you're asking the wrong question.
I would be happy if he could get back to contested marking in thr backline as he has dropped more than he has marked this year.

Comes across as a dickhead doing stuff like that.

This board and a lot of people's footy philosophies in general are weird.

I can't believe how many look at the pieces (players) rather than the system. Everytime. Richmond go from also rans to champs with most of the same players - conclusion - players got better. You sure? Could it be the system got better? Even in one season, two weeks apart, a top team going well all of a sudden gets beaten by a cellar dweller and everyone goes the players played shizz, and they mightve, but the system of the weak team never gets mentioned. I suppose its psychologically more familiar to relate to people things than something more abstract such as a system, but just because its easier to comprehend it doesn't make it more valid.

Which brings me to our system. Some people have said they cant see a system that we have. I'm like WTF? Adelaide has the most unique and standout different gameplan of all the teams in the comp. How can it not stand out?? Anyway, its obvious plenty on here can't see gameplans, since most are focussed on the mids and forwards. Our problems aint coming from those areas.

Back