Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Atrocious is a bit over the top. It drizzled for most of the match never even rained.

Conditions were the same for both but we acted like the ball was a bar of soap and GWS didn't. Seriously made us look like the bottom side at times. At the ground their ball movement looked soo much better. I'd like to see the I50 to goal ratio for both sides.

To be fair, it was raining in Sydney all week so GWS were training in the rain, whereas it was warm & sunny here so GWS got to train to suit the conditions...

I don't understand the decision behind selecting McKernan - may have been a good selection if it was going to be dry but rain was forecast all week. Then Callinan pulls out & we replace him with Henderson; surely Knights would've been the better replacement?? I just assumed Hendo replaced him because he was the only emergency not playing in the SANFL, but looking at the SANFL stats in the paper, Symes & Knights didn't play either... :confused:

The only thing more baffling than that selection was the use of the talls in the forward line.

That was most the dysfunctional forward line I've seen since, well, you know who....

This must surely be a different Alex. After endless streams of venom over the last 2 years about game plans, coaching moves, player execution....... the best Bad you can come up with are the rain and the GWS flooding tactics? What has happened to all those inciteful comments from you and the rest of the mmmmmmmmmmmm (like minded individuals that saw all the faults in our previous coach).

Where are all those observations we were treated to after we defeated Gold Coast by only 57 points last year?

If backflipping was an olympic sport you would already have a ticket to London. Surely you could find one tiny criticism about our display yesterday?
Book your seat to the BigFooty Board in 2018.

The only thing more baffling than that selection was the use of the talls in the forward line.

That was most the dysfunctional forward line I've seen since, well, you know who....

This. I remember in the second quarter seeing tippo, tex and smack as the only 3 players in the forward 50 - to top it all off, when the ball was in the forward 50, sauce also came in there to take the throw ins. The selection of smack and bringing in hendo for callinan in those conditions was madness.

Of what I saw, I was actually pleased with Walkers effort this week, he seemed to attack the ball alot more than I'm used to seeing, had he kicked a couple of the ones he missed, would've been a pretty good day for Tex.

My biggest worrys are:
Goal Kicking - A FEW could be forgiven due to the conditions, but we shouldn't be kicking 7 more points than goals. Needs alot of work.

Skills - Again, a bit of leniency due to the conditions, but again, they need to be cleaner.

Laziness - More than a few guys need to pull their finger out and put in a full four quarters, none of this sluggish, half assed efforts for a quarter until Sando kicks them up the ass for it.

Examples would be, third against the dogs, second half against Hawthorn and the second yesterday.

Not sure how many time or different ways I need to say this to you but we have a new coach.

That has and was always my only complaint. I can put up with playing Doughty, Reilly and even Ian Callinan knowing we have bit rock bottom and are heading in a northerly direction. Even if it appears slow we are going in a new direction and this is good enough from me.

How have i back flipped, please give me an example as my opinion on the subject has not changed. Please give me an example?

So it's legitimate to criticise Neil Craig for everything from players dislocating their shoulder to Tambling losing his mojo but when we see similar issues (and in some cases worse issues) this year we should just laugh it off.

I would be much happier to bring out my bong and wait for 2016 if I didn't have to put up with the crap on this board from a number of posters (yes, I'm looking at you Alex) over the last three years.

If you can't see the inconsistency in your behaviour then I will feel obliged to point it out to you for a similar period of time. Until the end of 2013 should do it.

So it's legitimate to criticise Neil Craig for everything from players dislocating their shoulder to Tambling losing his mojo but when we see similar issues (and in some cases worse issues) this year we should just laugh it off.

I would be much happier to bring out my bong and wait for 2016 if I didn't have to put up with the crap on this board from a number of posters (yes, I'm looking at you Alex) over the last three years.

If you can't see the inconsistency in your behaviour then I will feel obliged to point it out to you for a similar period of time. Until the end of 2013 should do it.

Inconsistency is certainly something you will not be accused of.

Considering I've only been posting for 20 months, I find it hard to see how you've been putting up with me for 3 years.

Anywhoo, you want me to now bitch about the players instead of Neil Craig?

Na, not going to happen but I think I've been quite consistent with my bitching over the 20 months. I've only ever bitched about the game plan, negative tactics and some older players getting selected when we have been losing and as far as I'm concerned, that's the coaches role to fix or change.

Only player that irritate me are Michael Doughty, Brent Reilly and Ian Callinan and that is due to their age but this year I'm not worried about that too much as we need a bit of experience. So if you wish to point out my inconsistency, go ahead.

This must surely be a different Alex. After endless streams of venom over the last 2 years about game plans, coaching moves, player execution....... the best Bad you can come up with are the rain and the GWS flooding tactics? What has happened to all those inciteful comments from you and the rest of the mmmmmmmmmmmm (like minded individuals that saw all the faults in our previous coach).

Where are all those observations we were treated to after we defeated Gold Coast by only 57 points last year?

If backflipping was an olympic sport you would already have a ticket to London. Surely you could find one tiny criticism about our display yesterday?

I dont think anyone can take much out of yesterdays game, wet weather footy is a slog, and thats what yesterdays game was. Good players WILL stand out in the wet eg- Tippett , Thommo, Danger, Sloane but on average the better team usually gets dragged down a lower level. We still won by 8 goal against a team that was really just trying to limit the damage....trying to asses skill execution in those conditions is a waste of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering I've only been posting for 20 months, I find it hard to see how you've been putting up with me for 3 years.

Anywhoo, you want me to now bitch about the players instead of Neil Craig?

Na, not going to happen but I think I've been quite consistent with my bitching over the 20 months.

Only player that irritate me are Michael Doughty, Brent Reilly and Ian Callinan and that is due to their age but this year I'm not worried about that too much as we need a bit of experience. So if you wish to point out my inconsistency, go ahead.

Last year when we only had 5 players over 25 available it was reasonable to bitch about Craig playing Reilly and Doughty. Now that these guys are a year older and we have played 8 of the 9 players over 25, you have no problems with it.

Now that's a triple back flip with a half pike if I've ever seen one.

P.S. I know you only joined the party in 2010 but there were plenty of other members of the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm before you joined.

Last year when we only had 5 players over 25 available it was reasonable to bitch about Craig playing Reilly and Doughty. Now that these guys are a year older and we have played 8 of the 9 players over 25, you have no problems with it.

Now that's a triple back flip with a half pike if I've ever seen one.

It's also a selection philosophy that has changed, not just the coach.

If at the end of this trade period, Sanderson follows the same drafting, trading and match day selections as Craig, I'll start bitching again but at the moment, he needs to be given some time to demonstrate these changes and implement his own game play.

I'm giving him time.

Good.........Shaw
Jacobs all-round (particularly at ground level)
Sloane shows the rest about commitment and intensity
Jaensh and Wright really looked as if they wanted to play
Porps' form....... only needs a sniff!

Bad............We had the run of the game then started fiddling with handball and coming
out of defence along the boundary line.....IT WAS A WET DAY!!~!!!!!!

Ugly...........Chad Cornes..way past it....was a non event, yet written up in the Mail
etc as having a big influence on the game and suggesting that Crows
were conscious of his physical presence!!!

Sloane shows the rest about commitment and intensity
That's what annoys me - why does it always have to be left to him (or Thommo) to lead the way?

The hunger for the contest has evaporated. We're back to being the soft as sh*t Crows of 2010 and 2011. Could we have had one eye on the showdown and suffered a letdown against GWS as a result? Perhaps but we've shown worrying lapses in intensity and work rate in all four H&A games this year. The young side argument is bullshit as younger sides than us have displayed more aggression and desire.

I thought a side that hasn't played finals for the last two years would be hungrier for success. They shouldn't need to cop a spray from the coach to lift their game up to an acceptable standard.

It's also a selection philosophy that has changed, not just the coach.

If at the end of this trade period, Sanderson follows the same drafting, trading and match day selections as Craig, I'll start bitching again but at the moment, he needs to be given some time to demonstrate these changes and implement his own game play.

I'm giving him time.

And this is where AFGM position comes unstuck. What type of supporters does he want? Ones that crucify a new coach in his first month of coaching? The frustration with Craig was well deserved as even the club thought so and it was built over years not weeks.

Time to give it a rest AFGM before you become as repetitive as a Neil Craig press conference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back