Review Good / Bad / Ugly vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes:
This is as fine an unintelligible non sequitur as you've ever posted.
I take that back --- you've outdone even yourself, and didn't address any of the points Murray2503 raised. What does "I would say if our whole board was elected bu members Roo would voted in, would you dispute that" mean?
Please.
Murray raised three board members need to go, a board makes decisions as a board not as i individuals for God's sake you do realise this

I was saying if we didnt owe millions and members could elect board members I would put $100,000 on the members voting Roo onto the board

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both issues are fixable, in fact almost both at once. If the Crows had:
--- eg Peggy Neale (or someone as tough, clear and focussed) as President
--- eg Alistair Clarkson as Head Coach, or a Senior AFL Coach with experience, presence and history for tough fairness, and ----- solid Assistants (even a Senior Mentor for Nicks eg Roos/ Lyon)
--- a Board independent of nepotism-appointed members whose sole united goal was Club Improvement (and not working for their own re-election), which would eliminate Chapman/Roo/Jameson for starters, then
--- players would be queuing up to play here, and stay with us.
Ypu do realise Jamo was elected by the members

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we have 2 board members leaving this year Chapman and +1 , we've just had another replaced just recently.

Our board

Chapman replacement
Jim Hazel replacement
Kate Ellis (2017)
Linda Fellow (2015)
Richard Fennell (2017)
Rod Jameson (2015)
Warren Randall (2020)
Mark Rucciuto (2015)
Kim Ryder (2019)

So by the end on 2020 we will have no board members who were involved during the Tippettdebacle and 4 you could argue part of the Camp debacle, but only 1 anyone seems to think had any involvement (Ruccitio)

So in 2021, does the constant complaining about the board stop ? (Excluding the fact we don't get a vote) or will this keep going until anyone hired pre 2017 is gone?

Last edited:
So we have 2 board members leaving this year Chapman and +1 , we've just had another replaced just recently.

Our board

Chapman replacement
Jim Hazel replacement
Linda Fellow (2015)
Richard Fennell (2017)
Rod Jameson (2015)
Warren Randall (2020)
Mark Rucciuto (2015)
Kim Ryder (2019)

So by the end on 2020 we will have no board members who were involved during the Tippettdebacle and 4 you could argue part of the Camp debacle, but only 1 anyone seems to think had any involvement (Ruccitio)

So in 2021, does the constant complaining about the board stop ? (Excluding the fact we don't get a vote) or will this keep going until anyone hired pre 2017 is gone?
It will go on until the performance improves.

Our board

Chapman replacement
Jim Hazel replacement
Linda Fellow (2015)
Richard Fennell (2017)
Rod Jameson (2015)
Warren Randall (2020)
Mark Rucciuto (2015)
Kim Ryder (2019)

Has Kate Ellis gone AWOL or stood down?

Our board

Chapman replacement
Jim Hazel replacement
Kate Ellis (2017)
Linda Fellow (2015)
Richard Fennell (2017)
Rod Jameson (2015)
Warren Randall (2020)
Mark Rucciuto (2015)
Kim Ryder (2019)

It will be like my old man's hammer.

I have replaced the handle and the head numerous times over the years.

But it is still the same hammer that I broke my thumb with when I was 12....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It will be like my old man's hammer.

I have replaced the handle and the head numerous times over the years.

But it is still the same hammer that I broke my thumb with when I was 12....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The Ship of Theseus

1) ... thats the point of training for these things

2)It wont work everytime but when it does mwah -it breaks up that congested dinky 1m handball that looks like a ''not my problem now'' handball
1) exactly! So, either Mrouch has not been trained in this aspect (hard to believe) or he's too inept (dumb? panicked?) to use it.
2) "mwah", cracked me up , thanks. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there were, for the first time this year, lots of positives out of the game.
It looked like they were all trying and there was run and handball to move the ball forward.

Hamill excites me with how he is so attacking.
It was good to McAsey up forward
Nice to see McPherson debut and look comfortable at the level.
Jones slowly improving
Smith actually offering some run and carry
Getting games into Ned and McAdam, I would like to see McAdam get the crumbs from the packs instead of flying for the speccy
Doedee looks impressive
ROB around the ground, one of the few playing in the midfield who actually run into defense to help out the backline

I don't think we need anymore proof that Sloane and the Crouchs are not our midfield going forward
I think Sloaney still has something to offer at AFL level, he just needs to get his body right first and only play when 100%. Someone like Travis Boak should be inspiration for anyone near the end of their career that a form slump can still be turned around, remember Boak could barely kick 30 metres a couple of years ago due to injury issues? I have faith that with Sloaney’s work ethic he can get back to a level that is winning games for us and leads the younger players through a successful rebuild.

I think Sloaney still has something to offer at AFL level, he just needs to get his body right first and only play when 100%. Someone like Travis Boak should be inspiration for anyone near the end of their career that a form slump can still be turned around, remember Boak could barely kick 30 metres a couple of years ago due to injury issues? I have faith that with Sloaney’s work ethic he can get back to a level that is winning games for us and leads the younger players through a successful rebuild.

Sloaney has heaps left to offer the team.
But it is a constant at the Crows of playing injured senior players that don't perform.
You look at other club with the way they manage older leaders at their clubs and I would thrilled to see one of our senior players go out playing good footy.
As you say, Boak has been very good for the last couple of years, we have too many past their best when they 'retire'

Sloaney has heaps left to offer the team.
But it is a constant at the Crows of playing injured senior players that don't perform.
You look at other club with the way they manage older leaders at their clubs and I would thrilled to see one of our senior players go out playing good footy.
As you say, Boak has been very good for the last couple of years, we have too many past their best when they 'retire'
Agree 100%, if Sloaney gets his body right properly and stops playing injured he can 100% finish his career like Boak is. They both have great work ethic at training and are gut runners during games at their best. There is no way we should be writing him off yet.

Apologies in advance for the thread digression:
The Ship of Theseus
Loved the Ship of Theseus/Who am I? discussion, thanks!
For my money, that ship ceased to be the Ship of Theseus after more than 50% of it had been replaced. After every bit has been replaced, it's absolutely not the same ship.
Ditto, The Hammer of Geoffa32 :D . In terms of ownership/possession, it's still your old man's hammer.
Head/handle replaced multiple times, it's not the same hammer.

(Similarly, the so-called paradox "If a tree falls in a forest and there's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?" is cleared up when we consider what 'sound' is:
--- if it's the compression of air waves that results in a human ear receiving that, so that a brain registers it as sound then no.
--- if a 'sound' is merely the change from kinetic energy to air compression as the tree falls and hits the ground, then yes.

Think of an astronaut working EVA in space --- where no one can hear you scream, hehe :eek: :D--- tapping on a space capsule. From the astronaut's pov, he does not hear it, but from the pov of anybody inside the capsule, they'd hear a sound because of the air in the capsule
(Google: " Sound is defined as vibrations that travel through the air or another medium as an audible mechanical wave. It is produced from a vibrating body. The vibrating body causes the medium (water, air, etc.) around it to vibrate thus producing sound. " <== on that definition, the falling tree makes a sound :oops:)

Yeah, I'm :drunk::drunk:. From lack of sleep.

Last edited:

Our board

Chapman replacement
Jim Hazel replacement
Kate Ellis (2017)
Linda Fellow (2015)
Richard Fennell (2017)
Rod Jameson (2015)
Warren Randall (2020)
Mark Rucciuto (2015)
Kim Ryder (2019)

Although that you don't have voting rights (the only material point) and this hasnt changed, will everyone please stop criticising?

Please? It makes me very uncomfortable?

Kind of worrying to hear McPherson say they went into the game knowing how McGovern and Barass like to be given chances to jump and the ball and wanted to lower the eyes and hit targets.

Because we did that maybe twice and every other entry played right into their hands.
Commentators mentioned McAsey made numerous leads which were usually ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back