Traded Griffin Logue [Traded with Darcy Tucker, F3 to North for F2 PP, F3 PP and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

not irrelevant when he is playing like a pick 8 should

Shows we got the pick right

Proven player >>>> Unproven draft picks
draft position is irrelevant after players have been in the system for a certain amount of years and it then comes down to the players importance to the team, e.g: Jaidyn Stephenson was a pick 6 and rising star winner and got traded 2 years later for a pick in the mid 20s.

draft position is irrelevant after players have been in the system for a certain amount of years and it then comes down to the players importance to the team, e.g: Jaidyn Stephenson was a pick 6 and rising star winner and got traded 2 years later for a pick in the mid 20s.
Jaidyn Stephenson had brain issues (was dumb af, betting scandal, off field) and Collingwood were literally going to exceed their cap if they didn't sell off players for nothing

That is a terrible example to bring up

Players get squeezed out but at market value, not significant unders like 20 to 30

Bloke is a pick 8 and has shown he can play both ends of the ground, that with being a tall means he is a first rounder at absolute minimum

Amiss is years off and has just lost this season through injury so he is irrelevant right now

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see what happens. Considering our track record it wouldnt surprise me if Freo absolutely bend us over just like Richmond did last year.

Or of course he completely dismisses us, however there's a number of North members who are adamant that we have already met with him.

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see what happens. Considering our track record it wouldnt surprise me if Freo absolutely bend us over just like Richmond did last year.

Or of course he completely dismisses us, however there's a number of North members who are adamant that we have already met with him.
FWIW I don't think he even leaves

West Aussie bloke, any offer would just be to up his offer at Freo

If Freo can somehow get another top 5 pick, i would look at this:

North give: Pick 2
North get: Griffin Logue + top 5 pick

Melbourne give: Luke Jackson
Melbourne get: Pick 2 + Pick 15

Fremantle give: Griffin Logue, Top 5 pick, Pick 15
Fremantle get: Luke Jackson
Have you asked Griffin what he thinks of moving to North?

I think a pick in the teens is the absolute maximum and the pick 8 thing is close to irrelevant at this stage
So if we had a priority pick at the end of round 1, that would get it done as far as the club is concerned?

Then we just have to offer old mate serious overs to get him to move from a premiership contender in his home state to a wooden spooner on the other side of the country.

Stranger things have happened I guess!

I wouldn’t trade Logue under any circumstances, just started to mature as an afl player. Pearce and Cox are injury prone. I like him as a swingman. I rate him as our 2nd best tall defender but has versatility the others don’t. I’d rather we lost Luke Ryan than Griffin.

Outside of the situation i have given, in a straight swap id say a pick anywhere between early 20s to 30.
Decent KPPs at his age go at a premium.

If the bulldogs were in the hunt and Freo said they'd take our first rounder for him I'd personally chip in for the Uber to and from the airport.

Jaidyn Stephenson had brain issues (was dumb af, betting scandal, off field) and Collingwood were literally going to exceed their cap if they didn't sell off players for nothing

That is a terrible example to bring up
That’s just an example that draft picks don’t decide a players trade value, how about most of the Gold Coast and gws players which were traded for well under what they were drafted for?

That’s just an example that draft picks don’t decide a players trade value, how about most of the Gold Coast and gws players which were traded for well under what they were drafted for?
You mean the ones not getting games and hence were traded?

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying about Griff, he is a top 10 pick AND he is performing like it

If Freo can somehow get another top 5 pick, i would look at this:

North give: Pick 2
North get: Griffin Logue + top 5 pick

Melbourne give: Luke Jackson
Melbourne get: Pick 2 + Pick 15

Fremantle give: Griffin Logue, Top 5 pick, Pick 15
Fremantle get: Luke Jackson

And there we have it

My yearly reminder to stay the * away from trade threads

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood and Stephenson made like bandits in that trade and subsequent contract deal.

Deadset, why are we trying to push Logue out? Surely, we have the cap space to keep him.

When Alex Pearce inevitably gets a long term injury we're gonna regret trading Logue big time.

Brisbane have emerged as a suitor for out-of-contract Fremantle swingman Griffin Logue.

The West Australian understands the Lions are the latest club to show interest in the athletic 24-year-old, who’s in the midst of a purple patch, as fellow tall Daniel McStay firms for a big-money move to Collingwood.

McStay, 27, has been strongly linked to the Magpies on what’s believed to be a five-year deal worth around $3 million.

Logue has been the subject of contract speculation after he was dropped twice in the opening rounds and has also attracted attention from several Melbourne-based clubs in need of key-position stocks.

The Swan Districts product, who was drafted with pick eight in the 2016 national draft, said earlier in the season he would “love” to remain a Docker.

But interstate clubs are likely to put tempting offers in front of him which Fremantle may be unable to match, especially if their attempts to lure WA-bred Melbourne premiership ruck Luke Jackson back home are successful.

“I’m loving it at the moment. I grew up in Perth so I’d be silly to not want to stay,” Logue told The West Australian after holding Geelong forward Jeremy Cameron scoreless in round seven.

“Especially now, looking ahead with how well this younger side is driving up. The young leaders are building this strong connection with each other and connection as a team. I’d certainly love to stay here.”

The 193cm Logue’s ability to play at both ends of the ground makes him an attractive proposition.

He was used as a forward during Matt Taberner’s recently injury lay-off before being swung back into defence last week against Carlton.

He battled with injuries throughout his first few seasons at Freo but has now tallied 55 games, including 16 last year, and another 11 this season ahead of Sunday’s clash against Port Adelaide at Optus Stadium.

Logue is one of several regular best-22 players out of contract at season’s end including veteran David Mundy and winger Blake Acres.

Rebounder Nathan Wilson, who is back in the team this weekend for his 150th AFL game, is another yet to secure a new deal, likewise midfielder Connor Blakely.

Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy urged Blakely, who hasn’t had a look-in at AFL level this season, to find another home.

“What about the forgotten man in footy?” Healy told Sportsday. “He (Blakely) needs to go to another club next year.”

Would love him at the Lions, was excellent against us this season and IMO is ready to emerge on the scene as a very good player... entering his prime years at 24 years of age.

I wonder if Logue could somehow get us Brisbanes 2 firsts. Seen as though they dont need them for Ashcroft

Logue and a Future Second for The 2 late firsts?

How are Brisbane going to be able to trade for him? They’re gonna need the points for Ashcroft.
Plus add Jaspa Fletcher in the F/S mix for us also, it’s going to be very interesting how we are going to occupy enough draft points if we are trying to bring Logue to the club as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back